InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Meddling with a Miko and Taiyoukai ❯ The Change Begins ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha.

`words' thoughts

"words" speaking

 

Chapter Two: TheChange Begins

 

"Psst, Kagome," Sango whispered as she nudged Kagome gently, "Kagome, wake up you need to see this." Kagome groaned as she rolled over in her sleeping bag. `Wait. How'd I get in my sleeping bag?' She cracked her eyes open and sat up. "How'd I get in my sleeping bag, Sango-chan?" asked Kagome. Sango smiled, "Kaori-chan brought you back last night and tucked you in. Now shhhh, watch," she stated as she pointed toward Inuyasha and Kikyo. Kagome turned her head and nearly laughed at them.

 

Inuyasha had Kikyo tied up to a tree and was screaming "WHAT WAS THAT ABOUT!?" Kikyo glared at him and responded, "I have no idea, Inuyasha. Kaori was lying to you. Can't you see that?" Inuyasha slammed his fist into a nearby tree and growled, "I don't know who to believe, damn it!" He turned his head towards Kagome and pleaded, "Help me out with this, Kagome." Kagome shook her head, "Nope. You made your choice. Deal with it." Inuyasha growled and slammed his head into the tree as he screamed, "Damn it! Which one was telling the truth?" Kikyo looked at Inuyasha and calmly stated, "You don't believe me. I'm hurt, Inuyasha." Inuyasha sighed as he walked up to Kikyo. He began untying the ropes. "Sorry, Kikyo. I shouldn't have questioned you, love." He wrapped his arms around her before seating himself in front of the fire. (A/N: BAKA!!!! Oops, back to the story.)

 

Kagome turned her head from the two and noticed Sango looking at her curiously. "What?" she asked. Sango gulped before asking, "Did your hair get longer?" "Eh?" questioned Kagome as she pulled a lock of hair in front of her face. She leaned forward and followed the length with her fingers. `It is longer. It used to be in the middle of my back. Now, it's past my waist.' "How'd that happen?" She stood from her sleeping bag and the group gasped. "Wow, Kagome, your hair's almost to your ankles!" exclaimed Shippo. "But how…" she began.

 

"YAY! It worked!" Kaori exclaimed from a tree above the group. She began jumping up and down on the branch causing leaves to fall on Inuyasha and Kikyo. "Hey, stop that ya damn cat!" yelled Inuyasha. Kaori glared at him as she started jumping even harder. "Bite me, fucking half-breed." She stuck her tongue out at him before jumping down in front of Kagome. Kaori walked around Kagome as she looked her over. "Oh, I love this. Can't wait till the spell is complete. I'm anxious to see what you'll look like after it's done," stated Kaori as she clutched Kagome's hands excitedly, "Wait till Fluffmeister sees you. He won't be able to resist. Speaking of him, I need to stop by and see him." Kaori nodded to herself before turning her attention to Inuyasha.

 

She glared at him as she stalked over to him. She picked him up by the front of his haori and growled, "Now listen here, half-breed. I'm only going to say this once. You had better protect Kagome for the rest of the week or I'll hunt you down and boil your head for my dinner, got it?" Inuyasha scoffed, "Yeah right. I don't have to protect…" "SIT!" Inuyasha kissed the dirt as Kaori laughed at him. "Oh, I think you do, half-breed. Otherwise, your brother may do away with you for good," she laughed as she walked up to Kagome. Kaori pulled a stone from her pocket and handed it to Kagome, "Anytime you're in trouble and the half-breed doesn't protect you, rub this stone three times and throw it into the air. I or someone from my clan will be here in a flash to help, k?"

 

Kagome nodded as she asked, "What did you do to me anyway?" Kaori smiled and purred, "Simple. I used a spell that turns you into a dog demon. It'll help you out in the long run, especially if things go the way I think they will." Miroku stepped up to Kaori and questioned, "What do you mean, Kaori-sama?" Kaori growled when she felt his hand on her rear and punched him, "Watch those hands, monk." "My hand's cursed," Miroku stated as he rubbed the side of his face. "As for your question, you'll see. That's all I'm going to tell you, Bye!" yelled Kaori as she disappeared into the tree line.

 

The group began traveling shortly after Kaori left. Kagome remained behind the group as she thought things over. `Okay, Kaori insists on turning me into a demon. I've got a blood thirsty monster wanting to take me as his mate. Inuyasha still trusts Kikyo, even though she supposedly slept with Naraku. I don't think Kaori was lying about that. Hmmm…I think I've got a test before too long, but that can wait. The main problem right now is what am I going to do about Sesshoumaru? I don't know him well enough to love him, but maybe I could get to know him. I wonder if Kaori could set up a meeting between the two of us…' Kagome giggled slightly after that thought and jogged up to Sango. "Sango-chan, can I talk to you for a minute?" she whispered to the older girl.

 

Sango smiled at Kagome and nodded, "Sure." Sango slowed down so the two of them were behind the group. "What'd you want to talk about, Kagome-chan?" she whispered so Inuyasha wouldn't hear. Kagome fidgeted with her hair for a moment before whispering, "If Kaori could set up a meeting or two between me and Sesshoumaru, would you be able to keep Inuyasha busy so that he wouldn't interfere? Of course, the bitch…I mean Kikyo, could probably do that anyway…" Sango laughed as she threw her arm around Kagome's shoulders. "No problem, but are you sure you want to meet with him by yourself? He could kill you and we wouldn't be able to help," she stated seriously. Kagome looked at the older girl and sighed, "I know, but I'm almost certain that he wouldn't do that. Especially if what Kaori told me were true. He might injure me slightly, but I don't think he'd kill me." "You may be right about that. Hopefully Kaori won't leave you alone with him," Sango stated thoughtfully. Kagome smiled, "I don't think she would." Both girls giggled before Miroku walked up to them. "Might I join the conversation, ladies?" he asked with a perverted smile on his face. "Nope," chimed Sango and Kagome as they slapped him. Miroku fell onto the road and rubbed his cheeks. "Ah, to be slapped by two gorgeous women…" he stated dreamily. Shippo shook his head from his spot on Kirara and sighed, "Perverted Monk. He'll never learn."

 

Meanwhile with Sesshoumaru…

 

Sesshoumaru sat in his study reading reports from his lands. `Looks as if the guards will need to be called out to handle this. Drought. Famine. Flood. BLAH, BLAH BLAH. Okay, I'm bored.' He let out a sigh as he looked out the window. "Isn't there anything interesting to do," he voiced aloud and nearly fell out of his chair when he got a reply. "Yeah, Fluffster, you could shut the hell up and finish your reports." He growled as he straightened himself in the chair. "Kaori, how the hell did you get in here?" he grumbled as he searched the room for the feline. A laugh alerted him to Kaori who was laying on top a bookshelf supposedly reading a book. "I have my ways Fluffmeister. Besides wasn't it you who said you wanted to speak with me. Or was it some other arrogant mutt?" teased Kaori as she watched him from the corner of her eye. Sesshoumaru growled, "Do you have to keep calling me a mutt? I'm a Taiyoukai for crying out loud." Kaori flipped a page in the book as she replied, "Tell it to someone who cares, Fluffy." Sesshoumaru leapt at the bookcase and cut it in half. He smirked as he watched Kaori leap from the top as the bookcase crumbled to the floor. "Aw, poor kitty lost her perch," he mocked. Kaori grinned at him, "Well, at least it wasn't my antique bookcase, stupid."

 

Sesshoumaru growled, "Damn it. See what you made me do? That bookcase had been in the family for generations." Kaori clicked her tongue in a disapproving manner before stating, "I wonder what Kagome would've said about that. I'd be surprised if she even fell for you. You and your short temper might be enough to scare her away." Sesshoumaru slid back to his indifferent manner before coolly stating, "This Sesshoumaru has more of a chance with Kagome than you do." Kaori sighed, "I'm aware of that you moron. Besides I don't like girls and I already have a mate, or have you forgotten that?" "Could've fooled me," he shrugged before seating himself in his chair again. Kaori growled and stuck her tongue out at him before sitting across from him.

 

"Moving on, I actually wanted to speak with you about Kagome. It seems as though I may be developing some feelings for her and I want to show her, but I don't know how," Sesshoumaru stated seriously. Kaori threw her feet on the desk and nodded. "Well, from what I know about human courtship, which isn't much, I think you could give her some gifts to show your affection." Sesshoumaru raised an eyebrow, "Gifts? Like what?" Kaori scratched her head, "Umm, like flowers, candy, kimonos, maybe a new bow and some arrows…hell, I don't know. Sheesh, this is a human soon to be dog demon we're talking about." "What do you mean `soon to be dog demon'?" he questioned. Kaori grinned, "What didn't I mention that? Guess not. Okay, I placed a spell on Kagome to turn her into a dog demon. Trust me; you're going to love the changes. The change will be complete in a week, but you can see her before then if you want. I don't really care." Sesshoumaru smirked, "Sometimes I don't know rather to call you a demon, or a devil. You scheme so much its ridiculous and I assume you have some plan on how to get Kagome and I together, right?" Kaori winked as she stood, "Maybe I do, and maybe I don't. You'll just have to wait and see, but I do suggest you take matters into your own hands soon. I can't be the middle person for too much longer. I do have an army to lead, Fluffster." Sesshoumaru nodded, "I know. You can go now, stupid cat." Kaori grinned as she faded into the shadows of the study. "Bye, damn mutt," echoed through the room as Kaori disappeared. Sesshoumaru looked out the window as the sun began to set. "Gifts, huh? I think I can do that," he stated as he turned back to his reports, "Now to finish these damn things then see about these gifts."

 

 

 

JMK425: What kind of gifts could Sesshoumaru be thinking about? Hmm…not sure I want to know. Anyway, thanks to everyone for their reviews. I loved them. Sorry for not updating sooner, but I've been suffering from mild writer's block. Hopefully, I can get the third chapter posted before long. Read and Review. Let me know what you think.