InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Meddling with a Miko and Taiyoukai ❯ Secret Meetings Part two ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha. It'd be nice if I did, but I don't.

`words' thoughts

"words" speaking

Last time: Kagome fiddled with her hair for moment, "Hmm, why don't we talk about your past? I mean I know nothing about your childhood or anything, so why don't we start with your mother and father?" Sesshoumaru looked out over the water and sighed, "Well my mother…"

 

 

Chapter Four: Secret Meetings Part Two

 

Sesshoumaru frowned as he watched a firefly skim across the water just before a frog ate it. "My mother was…" his eyebrows creased as he searched for a description of his mother. "Odd. Well maybe not odd, I think strange would best describe her. Of course, I don't really remember much about her, but from what I do remember, she was strange. My mother's name was Kumiko, but everyone referred to her as Kumi or sometimes Kuma. According to what my father told me, mother loved to annoy people. He often told me that it was her favorite thing to do. Well, aside from spending time with me."

 

Kagome smiled, "How did she annoy people?" Sesshoumaru smiled a bit, "I remember one day when I was about seven or eight, and Father was throwing a huge celebration for my birthday so everyone already had a full day ahead of them. About ten minutes after father and I had sat down for breakfast, mother came running into the room and dropped about a hundred of her kimonos on the table. She grinned at father before spinning around and demanding that the servants fix them. Naturally, the servants scrambled to do so, but mother stopped them and said that she wanted each kimono washed and dried before being repaired. Each of them nodded and went to wash the kimonos, but I heard several complaints about it later on. Then to top it off, mother told me that she'd ripped the holes in them on purpose. That wasn't the thing that surprised me the most though. She surprised me by actually helping the servants repair them."

 

The two sat in silence for a moment before Kagome muttered, "That is strange." She looked at Sesshoumaru and asked, "So, what happened to your mother?" Sesshoumaru frowned before slipping on his emotionless mask and coolly replying, "She left. When she found out about Izayoi, mother was devastated. She said she couldn't stay in the house with a demon she thought she loved and his human whore. The morning after father told her and me about Izayoi and Inuyasha, I woke up and she was gone. I've heard rumors that she fell in love with a human and has four or five half-demon pups. I've never tried to find her, so I don't know if that's true." Kagome squeezed his hand gently, "That must have been hard on you." Sesshoumaru nodded, "It was, but things only got harder. Mother hadn't even been gone a day before Father brought Izayoi and Inuyasha home. It was at dinner when I first met the wench and half-breed. I can remember when I walked in the dining room and saw them; the only thing running through my head was `How Dare They!' To me, Izayoi and Inuyasha were the one's that caused my mother to leave, so I never gave them a chance to get to know me. Izayoi tried several times to speak with me, but I blocked her out. I didn't need another mother and I sure as hell wasn't going to let a human take my mother's place. Inuyasha, on the other hand, was at one time a person I considered my brother. We got along pretty well before father's death. When I took over the Western Lands, we seemed to do nothing but fight. I can somewhat understand the reason we fight. He's still angry at me for sending him and his mother away from the palace, but he doesn't understand that I did it for his safety. Then there's the war between the panther tribe and the Western Lands, I had sent for Inuyasha's assistance, but he was already pinned to the tree. I refuse to forgive him for that cause that incident proved just how useless he really is. I've considered him as scum ever since."

 

Kagome nodded as silence settled between the two again. Kagome ran her fingers along her kimono sleeve before asking, "So how's Kaori fit in to all of this?" Sesshoumaru chuckled, "That mangy cat has actually consoled me a few times. I first met her about two days after my mother left. She spotted me sitting under a tree in the garden and approached me. I saw her coming up to me and before I knew it she'd wrapped an arm around my shoulder and told me that I'd lose my soul if I kept my grief to myself. I broke down and told her everything. She didn't interrupt me while I was speaking and nodded from time to time until I was finished. Then Kaori told me about her mother and how she died, so in a way, we were both going through the same thing. She's been a friend of mine ever since." Kagome laughed, "I thought you two hated each other. She always calls you Fluffmeister and you always call her Mangy Cat or something along those lines, so I assumed that you two didn't get along." Sesshoumaru shrugged, "Sometimes we don't, but most of the time we do. Kaori's the only friend I have and I know she's someone I can trust. I still want to know how she came up with Fluffmeister though. It's rather amusing." Kagome nodded in agreement.

 

"Well I told you a bit about me. Now what about you? I know you're from the future already, so you don't need to start there," Sesshoumaru stated calmly. Kagome nodded and asked, "How'd you know about that?" "Kaori. She's good at spying and finding out information on people. Anyway, what about your family? What are they like?" he asked curiously. Kagome looked out over the water before stating, "I lived with my mother, grandfather, and little brother. Mama was really wise. She seemed to know a little about everything. Grandpa was annoyance at times mainly because he always tried to give me things that he thought would help in this time, but everything was useless. Souta, my little brother, was a pest, but I still loved him cause he's my only brother."

 

Sesshoumaru sat for a moment before asking, "Why do you speak of them as though they're dead? Also, what happened to your father? Isn't it the male's responsibility to provide for his family?" Kagome shrugged, "I'm not really sure what happened to my father. All I know is that he and mama fought all the time. Then one morning he left. I haven't heard from him since." Tears started falling down her face as she continued, "The reason I speak of my family as though they are dead is because I can't see them again…" She started sobbing in to her hands before Sesshoumaru gathered her into his arms. "I think that's enough for tonight," he stated softly and ran his fingers through her hair as she leaned her head against his armor. He wrapped his tail around her and growled softly as Kagome relaxed in his embrace. Kagome's breathing evened out after a few minutes and Sesshoumaru realized that she'd fallen asleep.

 

`Okay…Now what am I supposed to do? I can't leave her here alone and I don't want to go to her companions. Hmmm, I could take her with me, but Kaori would skin me alive. Grrrr, this is frustrating. Maybe I should wake her?' he thought before looking down at her face `Nope. Too cute. Damn. What do I do?" A tap on the shoulder made him turn to see either Makoto or Kiyoshi. "Which one are you?" Sesshoumaru whispered quietly. "Kiyoshi, milord," Kiyoshi replied quietly as he bowed and continued, "Mom says that Kagome-sama has been out here long enough and if you won't bring her back to camp that I should. Forgive me, milord." Sesshoumaru shook his head slightly, "There's no reason to be sorry. The damn feline is correct. Kagome has been out here long enough. Come. I will take her halfway then you can take her to camp." He stood slowly so as not to wake Kagome and followed Kiyoshi into the woods. Halfway back to camp, Sesshoumaru handed Kagome gently over to Kiyoshi. He bent down and placed a kiss on Kagome's cheek as soon as she was secure in Kiyoshi's arms. He stood and whispered to Kiyoshi, "Tell your mother that I am grateful for the meeting tonight and I would like to do it again soon. Also, let Kagome know that I enjoyed myself this evening and that there will be another gift arriving for her some time tomorrow." Kiyoshi nodded and started for camp once again with Kagome in his arms.

 

Sesshoumaru watched them go and smiled slightly. `Soon Kagome. You shall be my mate soon enough. Be safe for now, my Kagome.' He vanished into the trees after that.

 

 

Back at camp…

 

 

Kiyoshi placed Kagome in her sleeping bag and zipped it up. He turned around and started laughing as he took in the scene before him.

 

Kaori stood between Miroku and Leiko trying to keep Leiko from killing Miroku. "DAMN PERVERT!!!" Leiko screamed at the monk. "I didn't mean to, honest!" Miroku pleaded from behind Makoto. Makoto tried to move away from the monk, but Miroku grabbed onto his sleeve. "Hey don't get me involved in this," Makoto stated as he removed Miroku hand from his sleeve, "You're the idiot who touched her chest. Not me, so deal with it on your own." "But you're supposed to protect us, so why aren't you doing it?" Miroku begged. "Correction. Makoto, Kiyoshi, Leiko, and Yasuo are supposed to protect Kagome, you, and Sango in battle. Not when you're acting like a pervert," Kaori explained. Miroku's head met with Hirakotsu before he could respond. "Stupid monk," Sango sighed as she removed the boomerang from Miroku's skull. "He'll never learn," Kaori sighed before spotting Kiyoshi.

 

"Well, what'd mutt breath say?" Kaori asked as she walked up to her son. Kiyoshi sat down next to the fire and replied, "Said he was grateful for the meeting and that he wants to do it again soon. I assume you will have to set something up with him." Kaori nodded, "I figured as much. Actually, maybe Kagome could set something up. All she'd have to do is send a messenger to him." Kiyoshi shrugged, "I could mention it to her." Kaori looked at the sky, "Well, I should get going, it's late. I may be by again tomorrow, but I'm not sure yet." Kiyoshi and Makoto hugged her before she disappeared. After she left, the group settled in for the evening. Inuyasha and Miroku were still unconscious as the rest of the group fell asleep. Yasuo sat under a tree watching the half-demon closely and occasionally glancing at Kagome. `I vow that if the half-breed does something to Kagome-sama, I'll slice him into little bits and use him as ingredients for a stew for my kits.' He thought before setting up a barrier around the camp and slipping into a light dose.

 

 

JMK425: Hi Everyone!! Thanks for the reviews. I love them. Read and Review and let me know what you think. Thanks!! Bye Bye!!