InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Memories of you ❯ Chapter 6

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Yuji stood in the window of his top floor office watching the sun go down over Tokyo. It had been a peaceful Sunday until his top general, Hishshi, wanted to urgently meet. Yuji hoped this would be the news he had been waiting centuries for or he would have to punish Hishshi severely for interrupting his Sunday of leisure. He heard the door to his office open and the click of footsteps come up to his desk.
 
“Sir”
 
Yuji turned to face the general, who was respectfully bowed.
 
Yuji waved him up. “What do you need, Hishshi Give me good reason not to kill you now?”
 
Hishshi looked up eagerly at his boss. “We have found her. We found the one you seek.”
 
Yuji stared for a moment. “Are you certain this time? I won't tolerate failure like before.”
 
Hishshi nodded. “Absolutely, Sir. Everything checked out. Her home, everything. We investigated her thoroughly before you brought this to your attention.”
 
Yuji turned back to the window. He was trying not to let his excitement show.
 
`Finally, I have been looking for you for centuries. It is finally getting ready to begin.'
 
Yuji continued to look out the window. “Why is she not here with you?'
 
Hishshi stammered slightly “Well…. Sir. We may have one obstacle in the way of securing the miko.”
 
Yuji turned his shaded eyes back to his general. Hishshi swallowed and took a step back. Even though he was not a demon, he could feel the power of his master's rage pouring off of his body. He quickly bowed his head. He knew that if his master took off his shades, he was done for.
 
“Sir, the Lord of the Western Lands has found her also.”
 
Yuji suddenly pounded his desk. A large hole appeared where he hit. Hishshi started backing towards the door. He almost tripped over a chair sitting in the center of the room.
 
“Sir, we will take care of this as soon as possible.”
 
“Oh, Hishshi, I know you will. Your soul, while not pure, will nourish me also.”
 
Hishshi bowed and scrambled out of the door. “Yes…Yes, Sir”
 
Yuji turned back to the window. “And before you go, bring Mitsuko to me. “
 
Yuji stared out of the window thinking. After centuries of studying and searching for the mysterious miko, he had finally found her. The quest for his ultimate power was at hand. Soon, he would turn Japan and then the world in to a place filled with war and strife.
 
His office door opened once again and he heard Hishshi dragging a struggling girl to the chair he tripped over earlier. Yuji listened to her futilely struggle against her bonds but knew that Hishshi had her firmly bound.
 
He dismissed Hishshi with a wave. “That will be all.” Hishshi bowed and hurriedly left his master's office. He knew he was lucky to escape with his life.
 
Yuji turned his attention to his captive. She was a plain but beautiful peasant girl. She had been easy enough to lure away from the mountains, with the promise of work and fine things. The fact that she was full of spiritual power only made her that much sweeter. He walked to her and ran his fingers through her hair as if he were a lover.
 
“Before it is over, all your spirit will remember is the caress of my gaze. Know that your energy is been used to make me stronger.”
 
Mitsuko sat with tears pouring down her face. “Puh…please let me go. I won't tell what you do. I promise.”
 
Yuji gently touched her face. “Let's talk for a minute. Someone in your family was a priestess?”
 
Mitsuko nodded her head “An ancestor. My great-great-great grandfather was a priest, also.” She looked up at him, only seeing herself in the reflection of his shades. “Why do you ask me all of these questions? Why is it important?”
 
Yuji smiled at her questions. Mitsuko recoiled in horror. She had never seen such an evil smile. She felt the chill of it deep in her soul.
 
“You see, my darling Mitsuko,” Yuji kneeled before her. “I can take your spiritual power and make it my own. You could say I'm a collector. But today, I am a happy daitengu.”
 
Mitsuko screamed. She then knew her fate. There would be no convincing him to let her go. She continued to scream and sob. Yuji continued to kneel before her. He breathe in the scent of her fear like a fine wine. He was going to savor this moment with Mitsuko. He could feel her spiritual power was strong but he knew no one's power compared to the finally found mystical miko.
 
“Look at me, Mitsuko.” Yuji lifted her chin. Instead of looking at her mirrored reflection, Mitsuko found herself staring into the emerald green eyes of Yuji. Transfixed, the screams and tears immediately stopped.
 
“They are beautiful.” she proclaimed, the last words she would ever say.
 
Yuji leaned forward as if to kiss her. Instead he opened his mouth and took a deep breath. Suddenly his mouth opened wide and a pink glow came flying from Mitsuko's eyes, nose and mouth. He continued to inhale the pink glow of her spiritual powers until nothing was left but the shell of Mitsuko's body.
 
Yuji stood in front of the body still tied to the chair. He checked his watch then took his cell phone out of his pocket.
 
“Hishshi. Make sure she is not here in the morning.” and with a click hung up the phone. He replaced his glasses and walked to his office door. If he hurried, he could make the late seating of the show at Manda-La.