InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mi Confesion ❯ Good Morning! ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
Kagome awoke the following morning in a foreign place. This wasn't her bed, nor was it her room. Where was she? And what was that fantastic smell that pulled her from her deep slumber?
 
She threw the covers off of her and saw she was wearing a much-too-big white t-shirt with a pair of boxer shorts. <i>What the…</i>
 
The sound of coffee brewing and frying food turned her confusion into curiosity as she slid out of the bed and crept toward the door. The room had a familiar aroma to her, but she couldn't place from where she knew the scent. She peeked around the door frame and continued her creeping down the hall and into the kitchen. As she rounded the corner she was met with the most beautiful pair of golden eyes.
 
“Good morning, Kagome.”
 
“Uhh, good morning.”
 
He laughed lightly to himself. “Did you sleep well?”
 
“I think so. What's going on? How did I get here?”
 
“Are you sure you want to know?” He threw her a devilishly handsome smirk.
 
She sighed, feeling a bit uncomfortable. “What is that supposed to mean?”
 
“Nothing. I'll explain everything over breakfast. If it pleases you to know, I spent the night on the couch.”
 
Kagome, though relieved, still felt uneasy. He was still with-holding information, <i>important</i> information, and she couldn't remember anything about arriving at his apartment and getting into these clothes. <i>What have I gotten myself into,</i>now?
 
“Please, Kagome, come sit here.” She obeyed, and he quickly sat opposite her. “So, where should I begin?”