InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Midnight Blues ❯ Chapter 2

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Inuyasha was nervous. Really nervous. . It has been two days since he met the stunning person he was sure he was going to spend the rest of his life with, yet he had yet to call Kagome. The hospital had been so busy with all the unscheduled patients and he had to take extra shifts so he just didn’t have the time. But he had been thinking about her all day and her face had been haunting his dreams. The doctor was overwhelmed at how much he seemed to like her. He didn’t believe in immediate attraction….but now he definitely does.
He sighed as he sat up straighter in the chair at his Miami-style beach house. The mansion like 3-story house was one of it’s kind, meaning he had designed it himself, in the city of Chicago. Gathering courage, he slowly picked up the phone on the side table. He listened to the dial tone for a few seconds and then called the number. Oh, kami, please don’t let her be mad….but, if she’s anything like me…. she’ll be off the walls…
Finally, after the 6th ring, she picked up.
“Hello?” Kagome’s voice asked from downtown Chicago, not quite in the city he lived in, but on the border.
“Kagome? Hi, it’s Inuyasha.”
He winced, assuming she’s fuming because he received no reply from the other end, but also not hearing the dial tone, so, hoping he wouldn’t screw it up anymore, he continued.
“Listen-before you hang up on me-I’m sorry I didn’t call you sooner. I didn't have the time. You know how busy a doctor's life can be."
Inuyasha bit his lip, hoping she wouldn't hang up.
"He-hello? Sorry, didn't catch any of that. (he could hear an embarrassed laugh) Line went staticky."
Inuyasha growled, his face turning red from embarrassment. He was mad that he had, for once, shown the nice side of his usually over-confident ego maniac image and no one heard it. Well, that's not gonna happen again, he thought.
"Hey, Kagome. It's that annoying jerk you met at the bar yesterday."
He could hear a laugh from the other end. He sighed in relief and his anger melted from hearing that angelic sound.
"Hey, Inuyasha. I've been wondering when you'd get the nerve to finally call me!"
The doctor scowled.
"Hey, who said anything about being nervous?" he said, putting his hand on his shaking knee, trying to convince himself of his own statement. "I just have been busy at work."
"Ya, me too."
"Cool...." was his famous reply. He frowned, reminding himself he was acting like a teenager, and got to the point.
"Listen, Kagome, I was wondering if you wanted to go out to dinner tomorrow night?" he said in the
best way that he could, considering his voice was cracking from nervousness.
"Sure! I'd love to."
Inuyasha could have kissed the phone.
"Great! How about 7:00?"
"I’ll be ready."
Inuyasha smiled. "Bye, Kagome.
"Bye."
**************************************************** **************
A/N: I hate this chapter, but I hope you like it. Review if you like.