InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Miko's Paradise: Re-Done ❯ Family Ties ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Disclaimer: -wrestles with police officers- I'm telling you, I didn't say I own it. I've been denying that fact all along! I don't own `Inuyasha'! I never will! *Struggles while being dragged off* I WAS FRAMED I TELL YOU!!!!

Last Chapter:

"Are you talking about me by any chance, Sango?" came an annoyed voice, "Or do you guys know another inu hanyou besides me?"

Rin and Sango turned to the voice. Sango smiled at him and Rin just stood there in shock.

"Inuyasha?" she asked in disbelief.

Inuyasha mirrored her expression. "Rin?" he yelled, "What the fuck are you doing here?"

^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^ _^_^ _^_^

Chapter 3

Rin looked at Inuyasha and gave him a small smile. "I'm trying to get a job here," she said softly, "What are you doing here?"

He looked at her and shook his head. "I'm here nearly all the time," he explained, "Kagome is my best friend and I am one of her most loyal patrons." He gave her a sharp look. "Does Sesshoumaru know that you're here?" He shook his head as her face paled. "He won't like to know this at all."

She looked at him in panic. "Please, Inuyasha, don't tell him that I've been here. I'm just here to try for a job, that's it. I'll tell him that I've been here if I get it. I promise."

Sango looked between the two of them, greatly confused. "Ok, hold on a second," she said waving her hands at them, "How in the Hell do you two know each other?"

Inuyasha smiled at her. "Well you see, Sango," he began, "Rin here is technically my niece. Well, half niece anyway. My older half-brother, Sesshoumaru, adopted her when she was younger."

Sango looked at Rin. "Really? You were actually adopted by the Ice Prince?"

"Don't call him that!" Rin shouted, "He's not as cold as everyone thinks he is. He's really nice once you get to know him." She walked away and started serving the patrons to avoid talking to them again.

Sango leaned on the bar, close to Inuyasha. "Ok, spill. Why weren't we told about Rin before? I mean, she's human, and she appears to be around our age. Why weren't we introduced to her before?"

"I think she was off at school or something like that. And even if she wasn't away at school, you know how much I love being around my brother." He rolled his eyes while saying that. "He wouldn't have allowed her to go anywhere with me. And we both know that if he were to come here, there'd be a load of trouble with that."

A few minutes later, Kagome walked over to them, face red and her aura screaming with anger. "Damn him straight to the pits of the Seven Hells," she grumbled.

Inuyasha smiled at her. "Let me guess, Kouga decided to grace you with his presence?" he asked, "I told you not to get involved with him. Did you listen to me? Of course not, baka ningen. When do you ever listen to me?"

Kagome glared at him. "Are you asking to get purified, Yash? If not, then SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

He placed his hand on hers and looked in her eyes. "Kags, calm down. The last thing we need is for you to go ballistic and purify every youkai and hanyou in the room. Business would go down real fast if that happened."

Kagome took a few deep breaths and focused on Inuyasha's calm aura, calming her own. "Sorry, Yash. He just pisses me off so much sometimes. He just doesn't know when to quit." She grabbed a bottle of Miller and placed it in front of Yash. "And I do listen to you. I just thought that he deserved a chance."

He took a long drink from the bottle. "Oh, please, Kags. He's a piece of royal shit. Smells worse than my brother, but is easier to get along with."

"Inuyasha, didn't I just tell you not to say such things about Sesshoumaru?" Rin called out.

Kagome looked at her. "You know Yash?"

The young girl nodded her head. "He's my adopted uncle through his half-brother. Though at times I'd swear that they were enemies more than brothers."

Inuyasha took another drink. "The guy hates me. I hate him. That's the way it will be for a very long time."

Rin smiled at him. "The only reason he acts like he hates you is because you act like an ass whenever you're around him. He's your brother, not someone you have to fend off because he's after your girl."

"Speaking of girls," Kagome chimed, "Where's Kikyou? I thought she'd be here with you."

Inuyasha shook his head. "I thought she told you. She's off visiting some family member who was in the hospital. Christ, and you two are related?"

Kagome laughed out loud. "We may be related but it's step-family through Jii-san's side. We're only distant cousins through marriage. What she has to do with her family is her business, and I don't want to know about it."

Rin looked out at the crowd and saw a few guys facing each other, their expressions none-too-friendly. "Uh, Kagome," she said quickly, "Looks like there's trouble out on the floor."

Kagome looked up. "Fuck!" She ran to the men and began straightening things out.

"Leave it to Kagome to calm down a bunch of drunks," Inuyasha commented.

"I take it that she does that on a regular basis?" Rin asked as she prepared a few drinks.

Inuyasha nodded his head. "There's usually 3 fights an night that she ends up stopping. And it's guaranteed that she's in one of those." He turned away from Rin, watching as Kagome kicked the men out of the club.

^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_ ^_^ _^_^

"I didn't think those morons would ever leave," Miroku sighed as he plopped down on a bar stool, "Isn't there anything you can do to close this place earlier?"

Kagome shook her head as she restocked the bottles and cans. "Sorry, Miroku," she said sweetly, "There's no way I'm closing early on a Friday night. We make too much money for me to do that." She watched Rin as she picked up glasses from the tables. "What do you guys think of her?"

Sango looked back at her quickly. "I think she's cute," she said as she turned back to Kagome, "The regulars liked her. Said that she made them laugh more than they had in a while."

Miroku lifted his head from the bar. "I think you should keep her. Maybe then we can get a few more days off."

"Miroku, you just want another ass to grab."

"Sango, you should know by now that your ass is the only one I want to grab."

"HENTAI!" Sango hit his head with the serving tray that she had been holding. She turned back to Kagome. "Are you going to keep her?"

Kagome just smiled at her. "Hey, Rin," she called out, "Come over here."

Rin walked quickly to the bar, setting the glasses in the dishwasher. "Yeah?"

Kagome smiled at her. "So, how did you enjoy your first night in Paradise?"

"Oh, I loved it. This place is so much fun! And the customers you get…Wait, did you say my first night?"

Kagome nodded her head. "Yes. You are now officially a drink goddess of Miko's Paradise."

Rin immediately hugged her and ran around. "Oh, thank you, Kagome! Thank you so much, you have no idea what this means to me!"

Everyone started laughing at the young woman. "Ok, ok, Rin, settle down. Why don't you get home and get some sleep. I'll need you back here tomorrow."

Rin grabbed the money out of her tip dish. "I'll be here, you can count on it." She ran out the door and to her car. I definitely have to bring Sesshoumaru here, she thought while starting her car.

End Chapter.