InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mine ❯ A fateful evening... ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
REVISED! As per GLily's helpful review informing me that the tense was not suited to the story. Thank you GLily! ^.^
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha.
WARNING!! Adult content, not suitable for younger readers.


Chapter One: A fateful evening...

As she ran towards the well, Kagome called back over her shoulder. “I'll be back in a couple of days you guys. And Inuyasha... don't even think about following me!” She hopped over the edge and droped through the shifting magic to return to her own time. After climbing out of the well she hurried into her house. “Mom? Gramps? I'm back!”

Silence greeted her and she sighed. She headed up the stairs, and went into her room to dump her bag out on her floor before Hhading over to her closet. She stopped when she heard the phone ring. Then turning on her heel she headed back down to answer it. “Hello?”

“Oh,” Ayumi's voice began. “Kagome I didn't know if you were feeling any better. You haven't been in school for a while now...”

“Yeah...” She laughed nervously. “I'm actually feeling a lot better today.”

“Then do you think maybe you'd like to join Eri and I when we go to Yuka's party tonight?” Her friend asked. “Her parents had to leave town but they're letting her have us over to have her party anyways. They even set up several tents for us to be able to stay over.”

“Sounds like it's going to be amazing. I wouldn't miss it, what time does it start?”

“We'll stop by to get you around six.” Ayumi said cheerfully.

* * *

Laughing with her friends, Kagome waited for Yuka to answer the door.

“Kagome!” Yuka exclaimed when she saw her standing on the doorstep. “I'm so glad you're feeling better! Come on you guys, the party's out back.”

Following her outside, Kagome blinked in surprise when she saw a half dozen tents spread along the outside of the yard and all the people wandering around. “Wow. This is some party. And look at all the tents!”

“Lets go put our bags in a tent, then we can find something fun to do here!” Eri said excitedly.

With a nod, Kagome made her way to the tent farthest away from the main house and glanced nervously towards the trees. 'I hope Inuyasha doesn't show up... he'd freak out if he saw me partying instead of being over there looking for shards of the jewel...'

“Kagome!” Hojo called out as he headed in her direction.

With a nervous smile, she turned and said. “Hojo... hi. I didn't realize you'd be coming to Yuka's party.”

“Ayumi called me and told me you'd be coming so I made sure to be here.” He smiled. “I hope you're feeling better. Are you staying over as well?”

“Hai...” She answered slowly. 'What are they up to...?' She looked around anxiously before she spotted Ayumi and said. “Ah I see Ayumi over there and I need to talk to her.”

Kagome walked away, leaving Hojo to watch her go with frustration. 'Why does she always seem so preoccupied? I wonder if...' He walked towards Eri with determination, keeping an eye on Kagome.

* * *

“Where is she?” Inuyasha demanded when he returned to the village.

Miroku and Sango both set their mouths in tight lines and looked away from him.

Turning to glare at Shippo, he growled when the kitsune's tail twitched nervously. Lunging, he grabbed the kit by the tail and barked. “You better tell me brat or I'll
knock you senseless...”

“Gah!” Shippo wailed. “I promised I wouldn't tell...”

He hit the yokai child and growled ominously.

“She went back through the well. Don't tell Kagome I told you...” Shippo wailed even louder than before. “She promised to be back in a couple of days though, so why don't you just let her have a little bit of time with her family?”

“Keh.” Dropping the kit, the hanyou racesdfrom the village towards the well. 'Dammit bitch... I'm going to drag you back here and then...' With a cocky smirk he leaped out of the well into Kagome's time. 'Then we're going to have a very long, very overdue talk...' Scenting the air, he followed the miko's scent away from the shrine. When he reached a large home bordered by a forest his ears twitched. Sneaking through the trees to a tent with her scent, he let himself inside to wait for her to come back. 'Just you wait Kagome...'

* * *

After spending a few hours with her friends and trying to politely avoid Hojo, Kagome yawned and hugged her friends. “I'm beat! I think I'm going to go lay down at least for a little bit. If it gets too late and you start the bonfire make sure to wake me up.” She smiled tiredly.

“Alright Kagome-chan,” Eri smiled. “We'll be sure to wake you.”

Heading for her tent, Kagome failed to notice that she was being followed and reached for the zipper of her tent. When a hand gripped her wrist she gasped and looked up in surprise. “H-Hojo! You scared the life out of me!”

“Kagome-chan,” Hojo smirked down at her. “I'm so glad you decided to come tonight. And I am even more pleased you have devised a way for us to be alone together.”

Tugging at his grip on her wrist, the young miko began nervously. “Anou... I was going to take a nap before the bonfire... When I wake up we can talk, but I think you've got the wrong idea...”

“It's okay, you don't have to pretend. No one is around and Eri told me how much you like me... Lets go into the tent.”