InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Miroku & Kagome ❯ Confusion ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Miroku returned the kiss, then pushed her away. “Kagome, we can't do this. Inuyasha and Sango… they just won't understand.” Kagome, looking hurt, replied, “I know. And truthfully, I don't understand what's happening between us, either.” Kagome sighed. “I think I need to return home for a few days. To try and sort my feelings.” Miroku nodded, “I understand. I'll try to keep Inuyasha from going after you as long as I can.” Kagome smiled, then, realizing Miroku was still nude, blushed. “I'll go get my things, while you, uh, put your clothes back on.” Miroku looked down and blushed also. “I forgot. Sorry.” Kagome gave him a quick peck on the check and ran back to the hut.
 
The next morning, Kagome had already left for home and Miroku had managed to sneak into the hut unnoticed. As he tried to get some sleep, he felt someone was watching him. He opened his eyes to find Inuyasha staring down at him. “So, what were you up to last night, monk?” “Inuyasha! I was… merely out for a midnight stroll.” Inuyasha smirked. “That's funny. Cause Kagome was out late last night, too. She left right after calling out your name in her sleep. What I wanna know is,” Inuyasha began, pulling Miroku up by the front of his robes, “why the hell do I smell her scent all over you?” While he held Miroku with his right hand, Inuyasha raised his left hand, claws bared. “I… can explain, Inuyasha. You see, while walking, I heard Kagome scream. A hawk demon had captured her. She had dropped her bow and arrows when she was grabbed. I used my staff to subdue the creature, pulled Kagome aside, and sucked it up with my Wind Tunnel. Kagome embraced me in a moment of gratitude. That was all.” Inuyasha stared angrily at him. He flexed his claws and spoke again. “Did she hug your lips, as well, monk?” Miroku eyes went wide with terror. “It… was merely a… a kiss of thanks, for saving her.” Inuyasha continued to stare, his amber eyes boring holes into the monk. “Where's Kagome now?” “I… I don't know.” “Tell me. Cause as far as I'm concerned, Kagome's story is the only thing saving you from my claws.” “She... returned home. She was stressed from the sudden attack and said she needed a few days to gather her thoughts.” “Well then. Let's go here her side of the story.” With that, Inuyasha took the monk and leapt off to the well. Once there, he pulled the monk through with him to Kagome's time.
 
Kagome lay down on her bed and stared at the ceiling. “Why do I feel this way about Miroku? That kiss, it felt so right. But, I still have feelings for Inuyasha.” Kagome sighed, and then sat up as she heard a knock at her window. She went to her window and opened it. Outside was Inuyasha, holding Miroku by the front of his robes. “Oh no! Did he find out?” Kagome thought. Inuyasha shoved Miroku through the window and leapt in after him. “Kagome. What's goin' on between the two of you?” Kagome stumbled over her words as she spoke. “I, uh, you see, Miroku and I, we, uh, I…” Inuyasha dropped the monk and stepped close to Kagome. He took her chin in his hand and raised her face up. Slowly, he brought his face to hers and the two share a long kiss. “Now, Kagome, choose. Miroku or me. You decide.”