InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mistaken Betrayal ❯ Who Died??? ( Chapter 7 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N: Konnichiwa! If anyone ever has any questions about my fics, feel free to review or email me. I own nothing. Since no one seems to be reviewing, I'm guessing this story sucks, so I'm just going to update the last chappy. Please review afterwards to let me know how I did. Just to let you know, the g's and n's o my keyboard are semi-broken.
Part Seven: Who Died?!!!
Kikyou's arrow soared through the air toward Kagome's direction, but whizzed past her. Kagome turned around and screamed. Kikyou was attempting the wipe out both Kagome and Shippou because they had stolen Inuyasha's heart. Before Inuyasha could react, a bright pink light flared, blinding him temporarily. When the light faded, it showed Shippou standing there frightened, but perfectly fine. Kagome had an arm outstretched as if she had just shot some power out. She dashed over to Shippou and cradled him to her. When she turned around to face Kikyou once more, the look on her face was murderous.
Kikyou brought her bow up again and shot at Kagome. Inuyasha released an outraged howl and leapt quickly at the dead miko.
“You won't harm my mate or pup!” Inuyasha growled as he destroyed the arrow and continued toward the miko. His claws raised and slashed down too quickly for Kikyou to react. Her body cleaved in half, and she disintegrated to ash. Inuyasha sneered at the pile of ash and rushed over to Kagome. “Are you guys hurt?” Inuyasha asked in concern.
“We're fine Inuyasha.” Kagome wrapped her arms around him in a hug. The three stood together like that for a while then went in search of Miroku and Sango.
 
“Hentai!” ::SLAP!:: A swirly-eyed Miroku greeted them. He quickly recovered and ambled his way towards Kagome. He stopped suddenly at the glare he was receiving from a certain hanyou. Before another word could be spoken, a huge rumbling filled the forest.
Out of the trees appeared a mass of bloodthirsty youkai. Sango and Miroku swung into action. Inuyasha dashed toward the scent of Naraku. Kagome, without her bow and arrows, fired blasts of energy at the demons while Shippou shot fox fire at them. Occasionally, Kagome would turn and help Shippou out when his kitsune bi didn't work completely. Kagome began to tire from the constant use of her energy. Right then, Naraku appeared. It seemed that this was the real Naraku. What Inuyasha had followed was a puppet Naraku. The actual one had masked his scent. Tentacles raced toward the weakened miko. Kagome deflected as may as she could before using the last of her energy to form a protective barrier over her kit.
The thick branch-like structures pierced through her human body. Blood dribbled from her lips and pooled on the ground below her. They had missed her vital organs deliberately, so she could slowly bleed to death.
“Okaa-san! Iie! Kitsune bi!” Shippou called in distress as he tried in vain to use his fox fire on Naraku.
“Lady Kagome!” “Kagome-chan!” Miroku and Sango tried to go to their friend but were detained by the massed of youkai.
Inuyasha broke through the trees, the Naraku puppet killed. Naraku yanked the roots from the miko and backed away chuckling evilly. Inuyasha's mind whirled in confusion. The scent of Kagome's blood clogged his nose. Her cry of pain filled his ears. His eyes took in her battered and bloody body. He raced over to her and gently cradled her to him.
“Kagome, no. Don't leave me.” His tears fell upon her cheeks.
“Gomen ne Inuyasha. Aishiteru.” Her bright eyes smiled up at him, pain in their depths until they clouded and became glassy and unseeing. Inuyasha roared in anguish and anger. He lifted his gaze and Shippou gasped. Inuyasha had transformed into a full demon even though tetsusaiga was strapped to his waist. He snarled and leapt toward Naraku with deadly speed. Anger fueled him to move faster. He pulled tetsusaiga from its sheath, not realizing that the mighty sword was allowing his demon form to hold it.
“You will pay for taking my mate!” Inuyasha raised the mighty fang. It shone with an unearthly pink aura, suspiciously similar to Kagome's miko power. When he brought it down in one powerful sweep, a brilliant light shone forth. From the outside, it appeared to be a gold dragon and a pink one entwined around each other as they spiraled toward the evil youkai.
Naraku's unbelieving and pained cry rang in the air. The energy of the tetsusaiga raced though Naraku and continued to devour the demons still around them. Inuyasha collapsed beside Kagome. Sobs wracked his frame. Shippou bawled loudly. Unnoticed by the mourning comrades of the miko, the kokoro jewel had risen from Kagome's body to hover and pulse. Kagome's purified half of the shikon-no-tama rose beside the kokoro jewel and pulsed as well. The shikon-no-tama, with the help of the kokoro jewel, was forming back together. Soon, a complete shikon jewel hung overhead. The jewel landed before the hanyou's gaze.
Inuyasha saw the jewel and gaped in surprise. He scooped the jewel up. “I wish for Kagome to live!” A flash of light ensued, followed by a small cough. The jewel vanished.
“Inuyasha?” Kagome asked weakly. Inuyasha cried with joy and hugged the miko's healed body to him. The rest of the group shouted with joy. Shippou bounded over to hug Kagome. The kokoro jewel drifted down into Kagome's palm.
 
The kokoro jewel turned out to be just as powerful and maybe even more powerful than the shikon. The Inuyasha-tachi found themselves no longer in need of fighting for their lives as the jewel protected them. Inuyasha, however, always found excuses to leave the vast range of the jewel to find a youkai to fight with.
~Owari~
 
A/N: Okay, I know the ending sucked. Please review and tell me how I did! Like it? Hate it? Don't care? ::sigh:: I'll be happy if I get just one review. Just one. Is that too much to ask?