InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mistaken Identity ❯ Chapter 2

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer- I don't own Inuyasha & Co.

Chapter 2

Koga went directly to Sesshomaru's office. He knocked at the door, entering after he was invited.

He looked at Sesshomaru, "Did you catch her scent?"

"Yes, I did. It has the smell of death woven through it.", he answered.

"Maybe that's why she's killing youkai.", Koga said.

"I don't think she's lying about not being Cheryl Jones. I just got off the phone with the American Taiyoukai. He informed me that another youkai was killed in England, less than 6 hours ago.", he said.

"My only problem is that woman. I was informed that Elizabeth Crocker is a well known brand name there, but it's Betty Crocker. Brad thought it was funny, he said, that it sounded like I had my hands full. He is going to check missing persons there and see if he can scare up who she is.", he continued.

"It's a shame, so young and pretty. I wonder why she's isn't getting treatment for what is making her this sick.", Koga shook his head.

"What do you see in humans? They are weak and die easily. Look at this one, she won't even fight to live.", Sesshomaru retorted.

"You haven't spent real time with humans since Rin died. Hell, you barely speak with Kagome. Some are gentle creatures, who wouldn't harm a soul, but if pushed will turn on you in a minute. It's the myriad of emotions that run through them. You never know what's going to happen next. I learnt that from Kagome, and since then have studied them. There are some really bad ones out there, but some are really good, too.", Koga answered.

"Hn.", was the retort.

********************************************

Kagome walked to her cell, with a tray, and fresh clothes draped over her arm. The weasel demon opened the door and she stepped through. "Hi, I'm Kagome. I brought you something to eat and clean clothes. I'm not permitted to take you for a shower though.", she said.

The young woman smiled at her, "Thank you, very much. I do appreciate it."

Kagome sat down on the cot with the young woman. "So what should I call you? I can't keep saying, "hey you". You can call me Kags, that's what my husband calls me.", she smiled.

"Call me cheeks, that's what my Mom called me when I was little.", she said.

Kagome laughed, "Cheeks?"

The woman blushed, "Mom said I had the cutest little butt cheeks. So she called me cheeks. Personally, I think I have a huge ass." Both women laughed out loud.

"Why won't you tell Lord Sesshomaru who you are? You could get out of here.", Kagome asked.

"I have my reasons, and if I tell you those, I might as well tell you who I am. I will tell you that I have committed no crime, at least in the eyes of the law.", she grimaced at a memory.

"Won't your family be worried?", Kags asked.

"To hell with my family. They are trying to force me to do things I don't want to, and I don't want them knowing where I am. They'll just come here and put me in misery. When I only want peace. That's why I came to Japan, for peace and solitude.", she answered. Kagome could see her blinking back tears.

Meara finished eating the soup that Kagome had brought. Then, she changed. Kagome had brought her a kimono explaining it was the only thing she had that would fit her. The two women finally got her in it, when Koga showed up.

His eyes widened at the sight of her in it. She looked like an angel to him, dressed in a pink kimono with a bright pink obi. Her hair was down and it fell to her knees in silken waves. He couldn't wait for Sesshomaru to see her. He wanted to see his reaction.

He bowed to Meara and crooked his elbow, "Come, my Lady. Lord Sesshomaru wishes to speak with you." Meara blushed and giggled, but put her hand on his arm, allowing him to lead her.

Meara was beginning to have fun with this game. It didn't matter if it ended in her death, that was going to happen soon enough, anyway.

As he led her to the interrogation room, he kept sneaking glances at her. She was a beauty, it was a shame that it would be wasted. He opened the door and motioned her through.

Sesshomaru looked up as the door opened, and his eyes widened at the woman before him. He had never seen a non-Japanese woman in kimono before and she was a picture of beauty and grace. The color was perfect for her. Her hair is what startled him, he had never seen a modern human woman with hair that long before. His body stirred in response to her, and he quickly squelched that.

Koga almost fell over, when he saw Sesshomaru's eyes widen and dilate, and he knew she had affected him on some level. Koga led her to a chair, pulling it out and holding it for her. She sat down and thanked him.

Sesshomaru looked to her, "Good Afternoon, BETTY."

She laughed, "So you figured it out? Well, now who else would you like me to impersonate?" She leaned toward him and winked, "I'll be anyone you want me to be. You'll find I'm a very good actress." She saw the anger flare in his eyes and laughed again.

"This Sesshomaru doesn't need one woman to impersonate another.", he coldly replied.

"I’ll bet you don't.", she retorted, a teasing light in her eye.

"Hn", was all she heard.

She leaned back in her chair with a Cheshire cat type grin on her face. "Well, I'm told you wish to speak with me. Here I am, talk.", she said.

"I wish to apologize. I have found out that you were not who we were looking for.", he said.

"That means I can leave, right?", she demanded.

"I'm afraid not. I still wish to know who you are, and why you won't tell us.", he responded.

Meara's face fused blood red and she retorted, "Wish away, it's not going to happen. As I've said before. It's not your business. I'm a tourist here and that's all I wish to remain. A faceless, nameless tourist."

"I have ways to force you to tell me.", he threatened.

Her face turned white. "Oh, so we're going there?", she thought, then a naughty idea popped into her head.

Sesshomaru was watching her face to see if he could figure out what she was thinking, when her expression changed.

Her face became wistful and she blushed lightly. She fell to her knees in front of him and said, "Really?, oh please. It's been so long, maybe I could show you a few things that my old master did, that brought the most delicious screams from me." She shuddered, with what she hoped looked like anticipation. She dropped her head to the floor, so he couldn't see her fighting back laughter.

Sesshomaru was shocked at her reaction to his threat. "She welcomed it, could she really be a masochist? ", he growled low and stood up. He looked to Koga, "Return her to her cell. Bring her back when she decides to talk." He walked out and slammed the door shut.

Meara sat up and looked to Koga, her face beet red. When she saw his look she broke into gales of laughter, holding her stomach. "Oh, God, that was good. I didn't think I could hold back my laughter.", she said, tears streaming down her face.

"How did you?", Koga questioned, then he realized that she probably didn't know that the only human here was Kagome.

Meara had stopped laughing and said, "My mother wanted to be an actress, before she met Dad. She taught me a few things. Good aren't I?"

"Honey, you could win an Academy Award for that one.", Koga smiled at her. "Come on I'll take you back.