InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mistaken Identity ❯ Chapter 3

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer- I don't own Inuyasha & co.

Chapter 3

One Week later****************

"Damn that woman.", he thought pacing his office. "How can she do that? It was like she truly believed she was that person.", his mind raced. He couldn't tell if she were lying or telling the truth. Today she was the helpless maiden, tears in her sorrow filled eyes, begging to be released.

Yet, every time he saw her, all he could see was her beauty. She had the power to make him rock hard with a look. "Maybe, I should let her leave. Then I wouldn't have to see her again.", he thought, but found he wanted to see her again.

"Why don't you bed her and get it over with? You know you want to.", his inner demon said.

"I don't bed humans, no matter what.", he sneered.

"Then why keep her here? She isn't going to talk to you. Hell, she doesn't know what we really are. This is a game to her, and it doesn't matter if it ends in her death. She's dying anyway.", his youkai asked.

"I want to find out if her family is looking for her. Brad told me they are still checking.", he thought.

"Since when did you care about a human and her family? Why don't you just kill her and get it over with?", more questions.

Sesshomaru growled at himself. He refused to answer that.

A knock at his door, brought his thoughts to an end. His secretary brought in a fax from the American Taiyoukai's office. There was a picture of one Meara O'Brien, and a circular.

It said she had been missing three weeks and needed her medication. A small reward was offered for any information leading to her where abouts.

"Gotcha", he said. Turning he walked out of his office, heading toward the holding cells.

**********************************

Meara was feeling a little cooped up and thought she might be able to stretch out in the cell. She slipped her skirt off, leaving her leggings and top on and began. The tight leggings and clingy top did little to hide her curves. When she finished stretching out, she looked up to find she had an audience of one.

It was the strange little guard that worked these hours. It was odd that he was back here, he usually just sat at the desk. Until someone wanted to see her, then he would come open the door.

She felt a tension coming from him and coupled with the look in his eyes, gave her an uneasy feeling. She remembered the hair sticks that Kagome had given her to use, and spied them on the sink.

Watching him like a hawk, she sidled over to the sink. He saw her start toward the sink, and faster than she expected he had the cell door open. She managed to snatch up one stick, before he grabbed her and slammed her to the wall.

All the air went out of her lungs from the force of her body hitting the wall. He covered her mouth, to prevent her from yelling. "Did you do that just for me?", he asked. She shook her head no. He laughed, "Well, that's ok. I still enjoyed it, now I going to give you something to enjoy." He ground his body against hers.

She did the unexpected, she fought. First she bit his hand, and when he pulled away she yelled, "Oh, no you won't, fucker." Then, she jammed her thumb into his eye.

That made him take a step back, but, his hand shot out and backhanded her. "You little, bitch.", she heard him say, as she was slammed against the wall again. "I was going to let you enjoy it, too. Not now.", he ground out.

She still had the stick, she closed her eyes and said a quick prayer. Then, she jammed the stick into the side of his neck. He let out a howl of pain and, suddenly, she was free. She opened her eyes to see Sesshomaru holding the man up by the back of his neck, the stick still protruding from the side of it.

Her eyes widened, Sesshomaru seemed to be physically changing. His eyes were blood red, and his whole face seemed to be elongating. His nails had turned into claws, and he was growling.

She watched as he snapped the man's neck with little effort. Then, he dropped him to the floor and turned to her. She blinked at him, and realized she wasn't seeing things, he had changed. She crumpled to the floor in a heap.

************************************

When, she came to she was laying on a futon covered in silk. Kagome was sitting beside her.

"Oh, good you're awake.", she said. Meara sat up and the sudden movement brought on pain that almost made her go back under.

"Relax, Meara, you're safe. No one's going to hurt you. Look around you and I are the only people here.", Kagome said softly.

"Who the HELL are you people?", she demanded.

Kagome sighed, "Well, Sesshomaru is a what is called a youkai. Specifically he is Inutaiyoukai of the Western Lands. Most of the people here are youkai or hanyou. I myself am human and Inuyasha is hanyou. That means he is both youkai and human."

"What's a youkai?", Meara asked.

Kagome held her breath, "It is a demon."

Meara turned white, "Dear God in Heaven. Talk about going from the frying pan into the fire. Oh, shit I'm already dead and was sent to Hell."

"Why would you think you are dead? You are young yet.", Kagome asked.

"I have cancer, Kagome, it's terminal. I won't live much longer, about 2 years.", Meara replied.

"Why aren't you getting treatment?", she asked.

Meara took a deep breath, "I watched my sister die from this same type of cancer. They poisoned her body so much that she didn't enjoy what time she had left. I won't do that. I'll be damned before I spend what time I have left lying in bed sick because they are pumping me full of shit that doesn't work, on the hope it will."

"I want to go play, see some of the world. I want to live, not exist.", she finished.

Kagome nodded, "There isn't a chance?"

"They claim they can slow the progression, but at what cost?", she asked.

"What about your family? They have been looking for you and, I'm sure, worried.", Kagome asked.

"My family does nothing but fight with me to start chemo and radiation. They refuse to accept my decision. That's one of the reasons I left, they stress me out.", she laughed.

Suddenly Meara narrowed her eyes, "How did you know my name?"

"Sesshomaru had found out who you were. That's why he came down to the holding area, to confront you. Although, I understand you weren't doing to bad on your own.", Kagome smiled at her.

"To be honest, I was scared shitless. I had never had that happen before. Thank goodness, Daddy, taught me a few things.", she laughed.

"Why don't you rest a little bit. You've had a few surprises today, including fighting a youaki.", Kagome said. Meara nodded her head and lay back down, closing her eyes.