InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mistakes We Knew We Were Making ❯ The Engagement Ring ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Hi! I hope you guys liked the first chapter!
Only 2 reviews!
Wow.
Maybe I'll threaten to not update if I don't get more!!!!
Not like anyone would care…
Well, thank you
Amy
Tigerlily1022
For reviewing!
It really does mean a lot to me
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha! If I did, I would be super rich! Things that are underlined are also not owned by me.
Onto the fic!!
xx----xx--------xx--------xx----xx
“You live here? Kikyo is this true?” Kagome inquired
“Yeah, Inuyasha and I are dating.” Kagome looked at Kikyo as if she were some outsider.
“You're dating that…that creature?” Kagome cringed. Her best friend was dating this rude man. It just didn't make sense. Kikyo was the complete opposite of this guy.
“Excuse me, but I take offense to that.”
“Pft. Whatever. Like I care.”
“Um, if you don't mind me asking, how on earth do you two know each other?” Kikyo was extremely confused. Inuyasha and Kagome couldn't have possibly known each other from any school because Kikyo attended school with Kagome from kindergarten.
“Unfortunately, this wench served me coffee this morning.”
“Wench?!” Kagome said dangerously.
“Did I stutter?” Inuyasha challenged. There was something about this girl that made enjoy getting her riled up.
“Oh dear, I see we are off to a bad start. Inuyasha, why don't you go and change while Kagome and I finish preparing dinner?” Kikyo asked.
“Keh.” With that, Inuyasha stormed from the kitchen into the bedroom.
“Kagome,” Kikyo began, “What exactly happened this morning in the coffee shop?”
“Um. I don't really remember that well. All I remember is that he came in, thought I was you, called me ugly, screamed because the coffee was about $4, gave me a fifty and told me to buy a new face.”
“Well, four dollars for coffee is a bit extreme…” Kikyo's mind wandered off.
“KIKYO! YOU'RE MISSING THE POINT! AND PLUS IT WAS A LARGE! I'M SURE STARBUCKS WOULD BE MORE EXPENSIVE!” Kagome all but shouted.
“What? Oh sorry. Yes, yes. I apologize. Inuyasha…is a bit temperamental and very outspoken.” Kikyo said while rested her hand on her face.
“I've noticed.” Kagome sneered.
“Well let's get off that unpleasant topic. How far are you from here?”
“Oh, about 10 minutes? Walking, of course. Why?” Kagome furrowed her eyebrows at the question.
“Kagome! Darling why are you living in those apartments? Aren't you extremely wealthy?” Kikyo was astonished. She was sure Kagome would be living in one of the penthouses around here.
“Well I WAS wealthy. But my mother lost her job and we went into bankruptcy after that. We had to move out of the house and live with my Grandfather at his Shrine.”
“That's horrible! Hmm, I can't have my best friend staying in a dinky apartment!" Kagome frowned at this. She knew her apartment wasn't glamourous, but Kikyo didn't have to insult it. "How about you move in with us?”
“Oh no! I really couldn't do that Kikyo! I'd feel like I'm mooching off of you! And plus, your boyfriend and I don't get along…”
“Nonsense! Inuyasha will just have to deal. You're my best friend and I will not allow you to live like that. I will not take no as an answer, so after dinner you better go home and pack. I'll give you a week.”
Kagome sighed. She could tell Kikyo was serious, and when she was this determined there was no changing her mind.
“Fine, fine, fine.”
“WHAT. I DON'T THINK SO KIKYO! THAT BITCH AIN'T MOVING IN HERE.”
Kagome whirled around to yell at Inuyasha, but when she saw him, she was left speechless.
He changed out of his work attire into so loose fitting designer jeans and a pair of Gucci sneakers. Apparently he was into high-end fashion. He had on a tight black muscle shirt, and took his hair out of the professional braid it was in earlier. He looked like a god.
Inuyasha smirked. He noticed her change of attitude when she saw him.
“Like what you see, wench?”
This got Kagome to snap out of her gaze and turn to a deep shade of pink. What a cocky jerk! She thought
“Hmph. I've seen better.”
“Keh.”
Kikyo and Kagome finished making dinner and set the table. Every sat down to eat a hopefully peaceful meal, but that was surely not what was happening. (A/N: did that make sense? Because I second guess myself on everything and I apologize if that didn't entirely make sense but I'm pretty sure you know what a mean!)
“Hey wench, can you pass the salad?”
Kagome just continued eating her dinner. Her name was not wench and she sure as hell was not about to respond to it.
“Are you deaf or somethin'? Pass me the fucking salad you bitch!”
Kagome's right eyes began to twitch profusely but she still ignored Inuyasha. She turned to Kikyo and said, “So Kikyo, how have you been there past few years” She completely ignored Inuyasha presence.
This pissed Inuyasha off to no extent.
Inuyasha quickly stood up and slammed his hands down on the table which caused Kagome's fork which was set on her plate to fall onto her lap. She finally turned to Inuyasha with the coldest glare on her face
“Inuyasha!” Kikyo finally spoke. Their antics were highly amusing, but now it was going too far. “Please calm down! You're going to break something!”
Inuyasha was far gone by this point and didn't hear a word Kikyo said.
“WHAT THE FUCK. I'M NOT FUCKING INVISIBLE BITCH, SO DON'T IGNORE ME AND PASS THE DAMN SALAD.” This was not about the salad anymore. This was about Kagome not respecting Inuyasha. No woman had ever treated him like this. Not even Kikyo, and he sure as hell wasn't about to let some wench walk in and that change.
“SHUT UP! GOD YOU'RE SUCH A JERK! MAYBE IF YOU USED MY NAME I WOULD PASS YOU THE DAMN SALAD. BUT NOOO THAT'S OBVIOUSLY TOO HARD FOR YOUR THICK HEAED TO UNDERSTAND! MY NAME'S KA-GO-ME! NOT WENCH OR ANY THER VULGAR AND/OR DEGRADING NAME” Kagome was fuming. If you looked hard enough, it was almost as if smoke was coming out of her ears.
Inuyasha was taken aback from her reply for a few reason; a) because it was the first time she spoke to him in almost a half an hour and b) she was very scary when she was angry, but at the same time…sexy? Cute? For a split second, she made him, Inuyasha, tremble in fear. But that feeling quickly disappeared.
“EXCUSE ME!”
“Inuyasha, Kagome that is quite enough.” Kikyo had to settle this now. Kagome just swore. Even though it wasn't extreme, Kagome never swore unless she was extremely angry. Yet again, Kikyo wasn't heard by either of them.
“DID I STUTTER?” Kagome was not about to back down. No matter how sexy he was. Wait a minute. Sexy? What the heck Kagome!
“Now listen here and listen closely, you whore.” Inuyasha said in a dangerously low tone. “Watch you're tone with me or else there will be trouble.”
Kagome stood pin straight at what he said with her eyes wide open. She walked around the table towards Inuyasha.
What the hell is this wench doing now? Inuyasha thought. He was very confused. He thought fer sure he would get some fiery comment out of her.
“Huh? What the hell are you do--!”
SLAP.
That was all Inuyasha managed to get out before Kagome slapped him across the face leaving a red hand mark on his face.
Inuyasha and Kikyo stood there stunned. Kagome just slapped the shit out of him! Inuyasha's head was still turned to the side, with his eyes wide open. He still hadn't recovered from the shock.
Don't you dare call me a whore ever again!” Kagome spoke in a tone that could have made even King Kong quiver in fear if he were present.. “Thank you for dinner Kikyo. I'm sorry that your lovely boyfriend had to ruin it. Forgive me.” And with that, Kagome pick up her purse and stormed out of the door.
“Inuyasha…” Kikyo started. Inuyasha still hadn't moved from the position he was in.
He slowly turned his head towards Kikyo and placed his hand on his face.
“She slapped me!” He said surprised. “THE BITCH FUCKING SLAPPED ME!”
“Inuyasha. Please calm down. You know what's going to happen if you get to riled up.” Kikyo touched his shoulder hoping to calm him down.
Inuyasha slowly calmed down. Kikyo's touch really did sooth him. He sighed and walked into the bedroom. He decided it was time to go to bed. Today's events what too much on his brain.
Kikyo sighed and started clearing the table.
---------------------------------------------------------
UGH WHAT A JERK! I CAN'T BELIEVE THE NERVE OF THAT GUY! CALLING ME A WHORE! Kagome was pissed off beyond reasoning. If anyone did a little thing such as accidentally bump into her, she was going to blow up. When Kagome Higurashi was in that mood, it was never a good ending.
Kagome stormed down the streets of Manhattan to the subways. She arrived home 20 minutes later still as angry as she was when she left Kikyo's home.
“Kikyo must be on some heavy drugs if she actually thinks I'm going to move into her apartment with that jerk living there.” Kagome said to no one in particular. As if on cue, her cell phone rang and Kikyo's name popped up onto the screen.
“Hello?”
“Kagome! Are you okay?”
“No, not really. I'm still steamed after what Inuyasha said. Listen Kikyo, as much as I appreciate the offer of me moving in with you, but I think I would have to be heavily drugged before I can be in the same room with Inuyasha, let alone live with him. I'll have to decline.”
“Now listen here Kagome. I want you to stay with me. I'm sure you and Inuyasha will work out you differences.”
Kagome was shocked. Did Kikyo just completely disregard everything she just said? She was not about to move in with her and her insufferable boyfriend. No way. Hell had to freeze over before she would do that.
“Kiyko! Are you mental? Did you not just witness what happened at dinner!? I hate him, and I'm sure the feeling's mutual! Please understand…”
“Kagome Higurashi” Kikyo abruptly cut Kagome off. “No best friend of mine is going to live in some dingy apartment when I'm all cozy in my nice penthouse. You are living with me until you can find a suitable apartment and roommate and that's FINAL!”
This caused Kagome to take the cellular device away from her ear. Kikyo was serious. Should Kagome challenge her? Or should she just admit defeat?
She chose the latter.
“Oh all right Kikyo if you insist.”
“Good! You still have a week to pack”
“Okay, okay. I'll talk to you later”
“Bye!”
“Bye.”
Kagome heavily sighed and trudged over to her bathroom to take a quick shower and go to bed.
-----------------------------------------------
What the hell just happened?
Did some wench seriously just bitch slap him?
This did not happen to the mighty Inuyasha Takahashi!
Inuyasha was laying down in his King size bed staring at the ceiling. He was still sulking about the previous events.
Maybe I should go to the coffee shop again tomorrow. No. What the hell am I thinking? I don't want to see that wench ever again. Yeah, but getting her riled up was kind of interesting.
Inuyasha was accompanied by his girlfriend. She was sitting to his left, looking at some files for her current case. She was wearing simple silk pajamas and designer reading glasses.
She looks hot with her glasses on.
Inuyasha pushed her work off her laps and moved on top of her.
“Hey! Inuyasha!”
Kikyo was cut-off when Inuyasha pulled her into a sweet, passionate kiss. Kikyo push him off her a bit a few minutes later, slightly panting.
“Inuyasha I have to start working on this case! Hmm stop tha--mmm!”
Kikyo lightly giggled while Inuyasha was lightly nipping at her neck.
“Inuyasha! Do you know what kind of reputation I will get if I go into work with some sort of hickey on my neck!”
“God damn it Kikyo. Fine. Good night.”
“I'm sorry Inuyasha, but I really need to get to work.”
Inuyasha carefully rolled off of her and slipped into a deep slumber several minutes later
-------------------------------------
Why was there an asinine buzzing noise in her ear?
She was trying to finish her peaceful dream but noo, some stupid noise had to be buzzing in her ear!
Oh, It's my alarm clock.
Kagome slowly open her eyes and rolled out of bed. It was 5:30 am. She turned off her alarm and went into her bathroom to begin her morning ritual.
20 minutes later she walked out with a towel wrapped around her body and another towel adorned her head.
She walked over to her closet and pulled out a pair of So-Lows and a red t-shirt that said INSPI (RED).
With the second towel still around her head she walked into her small kitchen and pulled out two eggs and a pot. She filled the pot with cold water and put it on the stove to boil with the eggs in it. She also made toast, and some sausages to accompany her eggs.
“Mmm that was delicious!” Kagome said to no one in particular.
She walked back into her bedroom, and pulled on some flip-flops and finally took the towel off her hair.
It was about 6:30 now and she still had a half-an hour until she had to be at work.
Should I let my hair naturally dry, or should I quickly blow dry it? Nah I don't have enough time.
Kagome put on a bit of make-up which included some lip-gloss and a bit of eyeliner and headed out the door.
---------------------------------------------------
“KIKYO! IS MY COFFEE READY?”
“Inuyasha, the coffee machine is broken…”
That was a downright lie. Kikyo just wanted Inuyasha to go to the coffee shop to see Kagome again. She thought if they saw more of each other before she moved, they would make amends and become friends.
“WHAT! ARE YOU SERIOUS! WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO NOW?”
“Go back to the coffee shop and buy some coffee.”
“ARE YOU CRAZY!” Inuyasha looked at her as if there were some kind of fungus growing out of her head. “SHE WORKS THERE!”
“You mean Kagome?”
“YEAH! THE WENCH!”
“Well Inuyasha, it's either that you go to the coffee shop, or you go to work without your precious coffee.”
“Keh.”
And with that said, he stormed to the elevator and waited for it to arrived while it tapped is foot in rapid motion out of aggravation and briskly walked into the elevator when it arrived.
A minute or two later, he stepped out of the building and begrudgingly walked over to the coffee shop
When he arrived he was elated to find that Kagome had not arrived yet.
Heh. Looks like the wench is late today.
And he was a bit…disappointed? What?
He ordered the coffee without fuss this time and headed out the door when he bumped into a person.
He only stumbled back a bit, but she fell on the floor.
“Oh, I'm so sorry, are you okay?” He bent down to help her up but stopped her he saw her face.
It was her.
It was the wench.
The bitch.
“WHAT THE HECK! YOU JERK! DON'T YOU REALIZE WHAT YOU'RE DOING?”
“HERE I AM, TRYING TO APOLOGIZE BUT NOO YOU HAVE TO GO AND TURN IT INTO SOMETHING BIGGER!”
“Well isn't it obvious that you purposely did that just to make me angry!”
“Feh. Wench, you give yourself too much credit. As if I'd go out of my way just to pester you. You act as if you're something special.” Inuyasha knew had went a bit too far with that but he didn't care. He was pissed.
Kagome was taken aback by the retort, but quickly composed herself. To tell the truth, she was a bit hurt from his words for some reason.
“Whatever” She whispered.
And he knew he had hit a soft spot.
Inuyasha stepped around her and walked off to work
Kagome walked into the coffee shop, now a bit gloomy.
He's right. I am nobody special. Am I ever going to be someone? Am I always going to be a nobody?
-----------------------------------------
The work day was finally over and he stepped outside of the office building, fingering a velvet box in his pocket.
It was an engagement ring.
Inuyasha had bought it weeks ago for Kikyo, but he had been putting off proposing to her. Frankly, he was scared, but he told himself that he was just too busy.
He arrived at his penthouse 20 minutes later and walked in.
“KIYKO? YOU HOME?”
“I'm in the bedroom!”
Inuyasha though now would be a good time to do it.
“Oh and Inuyasha?”
“YEAH!”
“Kagome's moving in with us in about a week!”
Inuyasha stopped dead in his tracks.
“WHAT! I THOUGHT THAT BITCH WOULD DECLINE AFTER DINNER!”
Kikyo finally came out of the bedroom dressed in a black velour Juicy Couture tracksuit.
“Yeah, well she's not faring well alone in her apartment, so I told her so can come stay with us…I hope that's fine.”
Inuyasha was too stunned for words. Kikyo did what?! He was amazed!
He sure as hell wasn't proposing to her day again.
A week passed, and Inuyasha visited the coffee shop everyday, having his usual spats with Kagome. He hadn't really spoken to Kikyo a lot seeing on how she wasn't home a lot because he assumed that she was busy with her current case.
It was a beautiful day. Tuesday to be exact. And he was coming home from work, hoping to see Kikyo. He was again fingering the velvet box in his pocket. Today he was going to propose to Kikyo.
He walked into his penthouse and saw Kikyo lounging on the couch. He walked our to her and grabbed her hand, pulling her up into a kiss.
The stood there kissing for a while until they eventually made there way to the bedroom.
Kikyo's shirt and lounge pants were already off and left scattered on the hallway floor. Inuyasha's blazer, and shirt was off too. He pulled away, breathless and looked into Kikyo's eyes.
“Kikyo I have to ask you something.”
“Will you—“
Inuyasha was cut short when he heard what he thought to be Kagome's voice.
“Kikyo? KIKYO! I'm here are you home?”
--------------------------------------------------------
I hope you liked it!
Qui