InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Moonless Night ❯ Enter Sesshoumaru ( Chapter 7 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 7: Enter Sesshoumaru
 
“Naraku!” Kagura said as she awoke and stared at her master towering over her.
 
“Hello, my dear” Naraku said, smiling evilly.
 
“I thought you were dead…where is Kaguya?”
 
“I died to lure her out…but, unfortunately, Inuyasha defeated her before I could absorb her.”
 
“Why have you revived me?”
 
“I have use of you yet.”
 
“I still have my heart…you think I will obey you?”
 
“You will obey…whether you do it on my behalf or not…I allowed you to keep your heart.”
 
“What will you have me do?” Kagura asked curiously.
 
“You think highly of Inuyasha's brother, Sesshoumaru, do you not?”
 
“What of it?” she sneered.
 
“I want you to go to him as I have released you…befriend him, seduce him…what you do with him matters not.”
 
“I suppose this is part of some lure to trap Inuyasha?”
 
“Perhaps” Naraku mused.
 
“I will go then out of curiosity…and I shall find it amusing to seduce the Lord Sesshoumaru.”
 
“Good” said Naraku as he faded off into the shadows.
 
Kagura went outside and flew off on her feather. She still hated Naraku, but was somewhat grateful that he had revived her. As she flew over the castle, she caught a glimpse of Kanna on a balcony. `So, he has revived her as well' she made a face, `This means I can still be watched…if only we could rid him of his eyes' she thought as she began to fly West, `either way, I do enjoy Sesshoumaru's company' she smiled.
Inuyasha and the others had been traveling for three days now and had heard nothing. They reached the spot where Naraku's castle had once stood several days later. The castle had disappeared and none of the nearby villages had seen or heard anything unusual since. Inuyasha became more and more restless. He hardly spoke to but Kagome and even then he did not talk about what was on his mind.
 
`I suppose I'll have to rely on some less reliable sources' he thought, `…Myoga or that bastard brother of mine might know something.'
 
“Alright, let's head back…there's no point in wandering around” Inuyasha said abruptly.
 
“Inuyasha…are you sure?” asked Kagome.
 
“Keh! He obviously ain't here…besides, you don't need to be walkin' around so much!”
 
“I'm fine!”
 
“Keh!” Inuyasha retorted, pulling her onto his back.
 
 
“Yo!” Kagura said nonchalantly as she landed in front of Sesshoumaru. He hardly noticed her.
 
“Lord Sesshoumaru, it's that pretty lady from before!” Rin called as she stopped chasing a firefly.
 
“I thought Naraku was destroyed” said Sesshoumaru coolly.
 
“He has returned, but I do not come on his errand” she said, smiling at Rin, “I have been released from him.”
 
“Do you expect this Sesshoumaru to believe this from you? How am I to be certain it is not another of his worthless tricks that he so enjoys playing?”
 
“Naraku has returned my heart…do you not hear it beating?” she said, raising an eyebrow, “I am no longer bound to him.”
 
“What you say is indeed true…so why, then, have you sought this Sesshoumaru out?”
 
“I enjoy your company…did you honestly think I would go and join your brother and his band of miscreants?” she laughed.
 
Sesshoumaru fought back a slight smirk and turned to Rin, who was hanging onto his pant leg, staring up at Kagura.
 
“Rin, would you enjoy having this woman's company?”
 
“Rin would like that Lord Sesshoumaru!” Rin grinned.
 
“Are you sure that is wise my Lord?” Jaken butted in.
 
“Do not question me, Jaken, this woman poses no threat to Sesshoumaru…I am sure Rin tires of having no one to play with but you!” he glared back.
 
“Y…yes my Lord…I d…did not mean to question you my Lord” Jaken stuttered, bowing low.
 
“Kagura…please accompany Rin…and you may use Jaken for any service you require.”
 
“Thank you…my Lord” Kagura winked and brushed against him as Rin led her off.
 
Sesshoumaru looked up at the star filled sky as a shooting star sped across, `I wonder…' he thought.