InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Moonlight's Son ❯ Insanity ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 1- Insanity
 
Every day since the death of the pet hamster was a nightmare, his son was craving for blood more and more. I, his adoptive father, went a killed dozen of animals lying on our yard. My wife, stayed away from our son, she was scared to death of him, she would scream if she saw him. So my son, Inuyasha would have to stay in his room, and I would hand him is food, every night he would ask. “Daddy… When will Mommy come and visit me? Is she still very sick? Why do I smell of blood, and rotting animals?”
 
I keep telling him lies to protect him. I told him, he should stay in his room for Mommy's sake, and also to keep his blinds closed, for I was afraid the sun's rays would kill my Inuyasha. Everything was going fine… that is until last night. I woke up by hearing the sound of Inuyasha screaming. I came rushing into his room. When I opened his door, my wife was standing there. He eyes blood shot, sweat and tears running down her face, a knife above her head, she was a mad woman, the woman I fell in love with, has disintegrated. I pulled her away from my son.
 
She screamed “Why… Screaming like there was no tomorrow, I picked her up and placed her in our dorm. I locked the door, and walked back into Inuyasha room. Tears pooled his bed. “Daddy, what… wrong with Mommy?”
 
“Inuyasha, Mommy is very sick, Mommy will be going away to hospital, remember the hospital, Daddy went to a long time ago, because I broke my arm.”
 
My son nodded. “Well she'll be going to hospital like that. Ok, then she'll get better and you will be able to see her.”
 
“Ok, Daddy, can I go back to sleep now…” He fell asleep without a sound.
 
Only if he knew… knew the darkness that's hidden within him. I dragged myself into my room. Turning the key to open my door, everything was quiet, and dark, very dark, I searched to find the light switch, my hand wandering on the wall, a bump on the wall, flicking the switch, so I could find my wife, searching around the room, everything was trashed and thrown everywhere. I'm surprised I didn't hear it all. Our bed was a mess, red stained the ground near the lamp, and the blood trickled down the lampshade, more bloodstains leading into our bathroom.
 
Walking slowly, making sure no sound was heard. Slipping into the bathroom, blood staining the floor, into the bathtub, my eyes scared to see what my wife looked like, I was sure she had killed herself. Bringing my eyes to what was of my wife corpse, she laid their cuts all along her body, the knife still in her chest. Looking up at her face, her eyes were closed, but her lips were in a shape of a smile. She was happy. I worked long and hard to clean the mess up, everything was gone by morning. I made sure; Inuyasha couldn't smell the blood of his Mommy. I woke him up, telling him, he could come out of his room, since Mommy `had gone to the hospital.' Feeling all happy and energetic. He bounded down the stairs into the foyer. He danced around, because he could finally play on his little toy piano.
 
Happiness filled my ears when he started to play his favorite tune, Change the World. Music filled the corridors of our house. Darkness crept into our hearts. Emptiness filled our house. We only had each other for company, only each other. Only each other…