InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Moonlit Drama's ❯ Moonless Night ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

(Nope don't own Inu-Yasha and Co. Just thought you should know)

Chapter 4

Moonless Night

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~< /div>

The sun was sinking in the sky, and everyone had noticed Inu-Yasha's noticeable change in attitude. He had gone but Kagome could find him with her new found demon nose, and set off after him. When she found him he was leaning up against the god tree. She approached cautiously, "Inu-Yasha?" Her voice was quite and concerned.

"What do you want girl?" She flinched at the tone in his voice. Noticing his movement his tone went softer, "Its tonight."

She was utterly confused, "I… I don't understand Inu-Yasha."

He quickly stood up in a huff, "The moonless night girl, must I spell it out for you."

"Oh I am sorry Inu-Yasha there has just been so much going on that it completely slipped my mind." She mentally scolded herself for forgetting such an important date, and then continued rather enthusiastically. "Hey Inu-Yasha this time you don't have to worry about a thing because I can protect you now. You could call it payback for all of the times you saved my hide."

"You can't." He hated to have to burst her bubble like that.

"What do you mean Inu-Yasha?"

"It's my blood that makes you a half demon, therefore when my blood ebbs so does yours. I'm sorry Kagome." He sat back down looking at his feet. He still was a little confused about what happened at the hot spring, and was still mad that he acted so hastily on the transfer.

"What will we do, I mean we can't stay here it would put our friends in danger especially with all of the jewel shards that we now poses." She leaned against him to think, letting off a small shiver from the cool breeze that had just blown against her arms.

Feeling her shiver he instinctively pulled her in front of him wrapping his arms around her to give her warmth. He then placed his head on her shoulder. "We will go back to the village get the vial that you have sneak it into your room and leave the other half in Kaede's possession. The others can help her protect it. We will then leave for a place to hide."

"Why don't you leave me here with the others?" She had turned around putting them into a rather awkward position. She was on her hands and knees facing him (in a sundress mind you), and where his hands had been wrapped around her body they were now on her thighs right below her rear. She blushed when she realized what she had done.

He sat there for a minute staring at the girl who was now blushing. He knew very well were his hands were but she had done it herself, and he was kind of enjoying touching her in any case. "Because I want you with me… you know incase Kouga tries to come back and get you… because I…" He pulled her in so that she sat on his lap. "I want you to be with me."

She stared at him what seemed to be forever until as usual they were interrupted. "Wahh!!" Just then Shippo pummeled right in-between the two. "Uh… I just thought I would drop…" Before he could finish Inu-Yasha had knocked him at least 10 feet away and as usual Kagome got up and sat him.

As he struggled to pick himself up he thought to himself, `I can't wait till we finally get a chance to be away from all of these damned eves droppers.' He got up to see Kagome leaving. "Wait, Kagome!"

Once they had both gotten back to the hut they hurried, there was very little time before the sun completely sank in the sky. Kagome explained to Kaede what they were doing while Inu-Yasha ran to her house to set the jar of filled with the remaining shared of the jewel on her desk in her room. They then took of run as fast as they could to there hiding spot.

As soon as they arrived Inu-Yasha almost immediately left to hunt while he still had some time left as a demon. Kagome didn't question Inu-Yasha's quick leave of the abandoned hut he had just found. She just quickly went to go get her things to go to the spring she had seen on there way to the hut. So she entered and quickly got her things together for her bath. She giggled at the futon thrown carelessly up into the corner of the hut, this had been the only thing Inu-Yasha had carried, and obviously thrown into the hut in his rush to leave.

She was humming when she came up to the stream. Then she quickly got undressed, and with her towel wrapped around her she dipped her foot into the water to see how warm it was. Once she was done checking the temperature of the water she removed her towel and slipped into the steaming water. She laid back and relaxed in the stream soon she closed her eyes and drifted off into a peaceful slumber.

Inu-Yasha was extremely proud of his catch it was a couple of hares for Kagome and him. He lay them down in the hut hoping to show off his great talents to Kagome, but she was no where to be found. Just then he noticed that her funny smelling hair goop she called `shampoo' was gone. "Ah, so she's bathing," he announced to nobody in particular. Just then the most mischievous grin slipped across his face.