InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Moonlit Drama's ❯ Hearts Open and Hearts Broken ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

(Nope don't own Inu-Yasha and Co. Just thought you should know)

Chapter 3

Hearts Open and Hearts Broken

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~< /div>

Kagome's face went flush as soon as the words left her lips she couldn't believe what she had just said, and Inu-Yasha's head bucked up at what he heard, "Kagome?"

"Uh… I um… just... well it's just that… err uh," Kagome stuttered as she fisted her hands in her lap.

Enjoying her flustered moment he began his interigation, "Well what's got you all flustered?"

"Nothing!" she mermered turning away from his intense glare.

His claws reached for her face again turning her to him. "How do you feel about me Kagome?" his voice was hushed almost to a whisper while his eyes searched hers for the truth.

She looked away from him before she spoke. "Well I… I like you… well I actually love you. I have for some time now. I mean when I first saw you, up on the tree, I felt draw to you. At the time I didn't know what it was but I do n…" She was interrupted by Inu-Yasha's mouth. He kissed her with so much passion that she was helplessly lost in his embrace.

When he finally removed his mouth they were both left gasping for air. This action had driven Inu-Yasha over the top. His blood boiled as he stared down at the raven haired beauty in front of him. That's when he decided to go in again. Only this time he lowered her body down to the ground lying on top of her. One hand intertwined itself in her wavy hair while the other wrapped itself around her waist. She too let her hands roam through his silky locks pulling his head closer to her.

The two were so engrossed in the little escapade that they didn't notice the on-looker. As he looked on his heart sank, his fists tightened, and a growl escaped his throat. "Inu-Yasha you damned half demon bastard, I'll kill you!!" Just then Kouga jumped out from the forest surrounding the hot spring.

Inu-Yasha looked up just in time to meet the wolf demons fist. He was throne backwards by the extra force that the jewel shard in Kouga his right arm gave him. "I forgot that you still had shards," he said gruffly.

"Shut up!! I told you that Kagome was MY WOMAN!! Yet I come to see her and find you forcing her into things she doesn't want! I will make you pay!" Kouga screamed at Inu-Yasha.

"Kouga stop!" Kagome commanded the wolf prince.

He obediently stopped and turned to her. "What is it?" He grasped her hand. "Would you like me to remove you from this worthless half-breeds presence before I slay him?" Finally he noticed her new form. "Kagome what happened to you?"

Kagome abruptly removed her hand from his grasp. "That is none of your concern and I want you to give me your jewel shards."

"Wh… what do you mean my love?" The confused wolf questioned. Inu-Yasha had now gathered himself up and was standing protectively beside Kagome with his hand firmly positioned around her waist. "Don't touch her bastard!" Kouga growled.

Inu-Yasha pulled Kagome closer to his side. "She's not your woman, she's mine," he said rather bluntly. Kagome responded to Inu-Yasha's comment by draping herself on his shoulder.

Kouga was confused to say the least. "It that true Kagome, is it true that you are his woman?"

"Yes, now if you would be so kind as to hand over the jewel shards or should I have Inu-Yasha here dispose of you. It is your choice." Her voice was calm and cold almost sarcastic even. `How dare he hit my Inu-Yasha, he will pay for that. Wait he is your friend. But he hit my potential mate. Whoa now what am I saying that must be my demon side again, it's going to take a long time to get used to this.'

Pain shot through his heart with every cold icy word that came from his loves' mouth. "Ka… go… me," he stuttered. "You would choose him over me?"

"I chose him long before I ever even met you Kouga. Now about the shards, we can do this the easy way or the hard way." Inu-Yasha flexed his claws at Kagome's words.

"Here my love, have them, I have no need for them anymore," his words were sad and smothered in sorrow. He threw the jewels to the couple, and left with his tale dragging behind him.

`Now look what you've done Kagome you've completely crushed him,' she mentally scolded herself. Inu-Yasha on the other hand was completely normal as if there were no change in Kagome what so ever. Then again he knew all along that when she became part demon her attitude would slightly altar.

He then turned to Kagome. "Well now what?" he asked her.

"Well I guess you turn around and let me get dressed." She went over to the bushes where she had put her old clothes along with a change. Then she quickly put on her clothes, and the two headed back to the village.

Back at the village Miroku sat on the porch of Kaede's hut. While Shippo and Sango walked circles into the ground in front of him. He leaned back and closed his eyes letting out a sigh. "If the two of you would just sit down, I am sure that everything will be fine."

Sango quickly stopped and turned to face him and yelled, "How do you know?"

The kitsune quickly followed up, "Yeah he probably said something really stupid and made Kagome go home." The kit was to busy yelling to notice the extremely pissed off hanyou behind him. Only when he had a face full of dirt was he aware of Inu-Yasha's presence.

"This is why you should watch what you say." The monk said softly while picking the young kit up out of the dirt.