InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ More Than You Think ❯ You Hurt Me More Than You Think ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 4
You Hurt Me More Than You Think
(A/N: Ok, if u have problems with emo people, stop reading NOW)
"Savin' Me" is performed by Nickelback
(PS: Listen to the sonq when you see it starting. It adds to the effect)
Kagome closed the door and leaned against it. She was scared her heartbeats were heard outside of her body. She pressed her hand on her chest and could almost feel the pulses all through her body. She had never experienced anything like that. She smiled, remembering Inuyasha's sad face when he had to go.
She laughed, “I'll see you later.”
“Bye, babe.”
She unlocked the door, but he stopped her when she was about to get in. She looked at him questioningly, and he pulled her to him, hugging her. “I don't want to leave you,” he whispered.
She smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck before pulling him down for a quick kiss. When she pulled away, he whimpered and tightened his arms' hold on her waist. “Kagome…I don't want this to end…”
Staring into his eyes, she understood he wasn't just talking about the date. She smiled and was about to say something when his lips came crashing down on hers. All thoughts left her head as she kissed him back softly. She eventually pulled away, out of breath for the second time that night. “I really should get in…” she said.
“I'll call you tomorrow…” he sighed.
“Bye…”
“Bye, babe. Dream about me,” he smiled.
“I will,” she assured him.
Kagome heard laughing and looked around. There was her mother, leaning on the fridge, laughing mockingly. The smile was suddenly wiped off of Kagome's face.
“Are you happy, Kagome?” her mother laughed, walking closer to the door. “Are you enjoying your life?”
“And what if I am?” she fired back, “I deserve to be happy!”
Her mother suddenly stopped laughing. “No, you don't,” she said firmly. “You deserve to suffer like I did! You were too young to feel anything, then, when he left us! You never understood what it was like!”
Kagome had tears in her eyes, now. Her mother stumbled back to the fridge and leant against it again, laughing.
“You're drunk,” Kagome stated sadly, “You're drunk, again.
“I am not!” her mother snapped.
Kagome shook her head and walked towards the staircase, “Yeah? Well you stink of alcohol…” she mumbled.
“Don't you dare walk out on me, Kagome!”
She stopped and yelled, not even bothering to look at her mother, “Oh, right! I forgot! That's dad's job!”
Her mother suddenly snapped her head in her direction “Are you trying to be funny? You ungrateful little…”
Ungrateful?” Kagome bellowed, “For what should I be grateful?”
“The food on the table! The roof on top of your head!”
“Really?” she laughed, “You should be grateful for all that I do for you!” she cried, “Who takes care of you when you're drunk? Who watches you throw up?”
She stopped talking when her mother started to make gagging noises and her hands flew to her mouth.
“Oh, no,” Kagome groaned and ran down the stairs, pushed her mother to the bathroom and shoved her down to the toilet bowl. Her mother threw up and Kagome looked away, keeping her hand on her mother's head, stroking it slightly. When she was done, Kagome sighed, “Brush your teeth and take a shower, you stink.”
“Shut up, Kagome! Don't order me around!” her mother spat.

Prison gates won't open up for me
On these hands and knees I'm crawlin'
Oh, I reach for you
Well I'm terrified of these four walls
These iron bars can't hold my soul in
All I need is you
Come please I'm callin'
And oh I scream for you
Hurry I'm fallin', I'm fallin'
Kagome turned away and walked up to her room without saying a word. She shut the door and sat her bed, letting the tears fall. She got up again and locked the door, hands shaking, sobbing. She heard her mother walk up the stairs and stop in front of her room.

Show me what it's like
To be the last one standing
And teach me wrong from right
And I'll show you what I can be
Say it for me
Say it to me
And I'll leave this life behind me
Say it if it's worth saving me
“What?” she yelled, trying to sound like she wasn't crying all the tears in her body.
“You won't see that boy again!” she ordered.
“Oh, and will you stop me?” she roared, “You're never even here, and when you are, you're too drunk to even function correctly!”
“Don't talk to me that way, Kagome!” she yelled as she tried to unlock the door.
“Go away! Leave me alone!”
“Kagome!”
“GO AWAY! YOU'RE DOING A FINE JOB AT RUINING MY LIFE ALREADY!”
“You don't deserve to be happy, Kagome!” she laughed again, “You deserve to suffer!”

Heaven's gates won't open up for me
With these broken wings I'm fallin'
And all I see is you
These city walls ain't got no love for me
I'm on the ledge of the eighteenth story
And oh I scream for you
Come please I'm callin'
And all I need from you
Hurry I'm fallin', I'm fallin'
 
“GO AWAY!” she screamed at the top of her lungs and fell down on her knees, sobbing. Slowly, shaking, she rolled up her left sleeve and scrambled to her desk. She found a pair of scissors and opened it slowly, sobbing louder. She brought it to her arm and cut her skin deeply, stifling a cry.

Show me what it's like
To be the last one standing
And teach me wrong from right
And I'll show you what I can be
Say it for me
Say it to me
And I'll leave this life behind me
Say it if it's worth saving me
 
“You ruined it all,” she whispered between sobs, “You ruined it all, mom…”

Hurry I'm fallin'
 
She cut her arm again and watched the pearls of blood roll down her skin. With every cut, she bit her lip to stop herself from whimpering. She wasn't going to be weak. She was going to be strong. She wouldn't show her mother just how much she hurt her…she wouldn't.

All I need is you
Come please I'm callin'
And oh, I scream for you
Hurry I'm fallin', I'm fallin'
 
She then thought of Inuyasha. If she was going to go out with him, he had to know. He would want to know, wouldn't he? He had the right to know. But he'd pity her, and there was no way Kagome Higurashi was going to be pitied.

Show me what it's like
To be the last one standing
And teach me wrong from right
And I'll show you what I can be
Say it for me
Say it to me
And I'll leave this life behind me
Say it if it's worth saving me
 
Never.
She wouldn't tell him.

Hurry I'm fallin'
 
XX
Soo….how was that? Angsty huh? Please review, guys, and Im gonna change the summary of this story, I think itll attract more readers if I do. So that's it…
Love, IK Obsession~