InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mourning of the Bloody Valentine ❯ Over Green Tea ( Chapter 24 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N: Hey again! Sorry for the wait! Well, it WAS only a few days right, so it's not that bad. But I somehow still feel guilty. I have this problem with over working. Ah well, its good to be back and typing. School just started yesterday so I had to make a few changed to my timetable to occupy my schedule. Alright! Now let's get started.



Mourning of the Bloody Valentine


Chapter Twenty-Four : Over Green Tea


I gasped.

A woman stood at the door, dressed in a maid's garb and lacy apron. Just like in the Mahoromatic mangas I always loved to read.

Her hair was short, and layered with every hair in place. I glared enviously at her immaculate outfit and perfect hair. Some people received more blessings than others, I figured.

"Good afternoon," she said crisply. Almost as crisply as how crisp her suit had been ironed to jaw-dropping perfection, "Mr. InuYasha. You arranged your stay here?" It was most likely a comment, but the way her voice lifted a bit higher on the last words made it sound like a question.

"Thanks, Yura. I see you've been in and out cleaning about." He laughed at his own rhyme.

Yura laughed. Or chuckled blandly, more like. She closed the door after us, and led us into the also immaculate house.

Her short frilly black dress under the lacy apron showed an amazing amount of cleavage that even I gawked at. I'm quite well endowed myself, but hers were ...awesome. All bouncy and light pink as her skin was. I must sound like some kind of sicko, but even us girls notice these things.

InuYasha hadn't even noticed; he was too busy wrapping his arm around me and nuzzling his nose in my neck.

I giggled, which caused Yura to turn slightly to raise an eyebrow at me. I tried to push InuYasha off so it would at least seem I had some modesty.

"InuYasha..." I tried to say warning but a giggle covered most of it. He smiled happily as he sniffed gratefully. "InuYasha...don't...haha...my hair hasn't been washed since yesterday! I smell kinda...funky." I laughed.

"Good thing I'm turned on by funk..." he chuckled with a fake snarl on his face.

I finally pushed him off and held him back with my hands pushing against his arm.

Yura finally reached the living room, where she took our things and put them aside.

"InuYasha, sir, some people are waiting?" Her voice raised tone like a question again.

"Good," he managed to say after another laugh after trying to grab me back by my wrists. I had managed to twist my arms around to make him let go. Then I slapped him across the head. He just smiled mockingly.

I walked into the well furnished but empty kitchen and then on to the living room.

I froze as I saw the backs of two people chatting.

"SANGO?!" I screamed. She looked up surprised and her face lit up excitedly. She jumped up from where she had been drinking cold green tea with Miroku.

"KAGOME-CHAN!" She jumped up, both of us with tears in our eyes. I had more, of course, after believing she was dead and blaming myself for it.

"Sango!" I sobbed into her shoulder. "I thought you were dead! After what that stalker guy said!"

Sango just chuckled and patted my back comfortingly. Miroku got up and waved at me too.

"Miroku! You're okay too! I...I don't understand! What happened? Why did that guy say..." I was practically speechless.

I jumped over to hug him, before I stopped before touching him.

"Wait..." I said unsurely, "Miroku..." I said.

He sighed tiredly and put his hands behind his back, and I hugged him.

"I don't see why you always make me do that." He pouted. He sat back down and sipped more of his drink. Sango poured me a cup as InuYasha came waltzing in happily.

"Happy?" he asked me. He smiled and pointed to his cheek, expecting a thankful kiss. I smiled and jogged over to him, he closed his eyes, and before I placed my lips on his waiting cheek, I punched him on that side of his face. He went staggering back, and holding his cheek, looking at me shocked.

Miroku laughed, and Sango cracked a proud smile.

"That's my girl. I told you the right hook would come in handy some day..." Sango nodded proudly.

"InuYasha! You should've seen your face!!!" Miroku cackled on.

InuYasha harrumphed and turned to me frostily, "Why'd you do that!"

"Because! YOU made me want to commit suicide because my best friends were dead! And then you killed KOUGA! You..." I seethed. When it suddenly hit me. "YOU'RE the stalker!"

He shook his head and lifted his hands in a surrendering position, just as Miroku always did.

"No WAY! The only reason I followed you that first day was because Miroku made you pass out and I was worried!" He yelled, but somehow still sounded concerned.

I froze. "MIROKU?" I turned to look at Miroku, who hastily put his tea down and faced me. "YOU'RE my stalker!"

"Now, Kagome, I don't think that's very fair. After all, it WAS Sango's idea."

My penetrating gaze flicked over to my friend. She didn't quiver, but said calmly, "Kagome, we did it for your own good." She held up a hand to silence me as I was about to shriek.

"Kagome," she started coolly, "You don't...remember, do you?" She peered at me curiously.

I frowned, and thought, "Remember what?" I asked quizzically.

She looked to InuYasha who leaned heavily against the doorframe dejectedly.

He looked at me, his eyes piercing. "Our promise! When we were kids and then I told you about blood! And how my dad left? You were sad! Don't you...don't you remember!?" he said disbelievingly.

"NO!" I said loudly back. Then I remembered the dream I had. I looked down at my thumb and it's still visible scar. I paused. "How do you know my dreams?" I asked seriously.

"Because..." he said sighing, "You were promised to me."

"By WHO?" I said obnoxiously.

"Your...father."



A/N: I'm sorry, but cliffhangers seem like the best ways to end chapters. I HAVE typed 5 pages right off the top of my head! Even I have no idea how this is going to end up or where these poor characters are heading! Suggestions can help, but I guess I'll just flow with it! Lol. Okay, well go and study hard! (and don't forget to review!)


Ja ne.


-Katana