InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mr. Perfect, for your eyes only ❯ a date ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

“Kikyo? What are you talking about?” Kagome asked as she smiled at him, he just kept on staring at her.
Inuyasha couldn't stop gazing at her auburn eyes, her dark raven hair and her angelical face which had made him blurt out the name he had suppressed in his mind for years. He thought he was going insane, that he should be in an asylum but then reality hit him as he realized that this girl only heard a very amazing and striking resemblance to the love of his life. Inuyasha had to admit that although she was not Kikyo, she was very attractive to him which made his heart start beating again. After what seemed an eternity only to him, he pulled his eyes away from her and got his cold façade again.
“Hey… Stranger? May I have your number?” Inuyasha shook his head lightly.
“I'm sorry about that; I thought you were in trouble…” Kagome smiled and nodded.
“Yes, that man was sort of like stalking me. Thanks for that… now are you going to tell me your name?” She asked as she made her best to look at his eyes, for a weird reason he was avoiding to meet her gaze.
“Its better this way,” he replied as he walked towards the table, Kagome grabbed him lightly by the shoulder and he looked back at her. “Nice to meet you.”
“Well, can I at least know your name?” She asked shyly and he half smiled.
“Please trust me when I say that it will be better for everything to be left in the dark, you will know I'm right sooner or later.” He said as he slowly made his smile vanish, then he walked away from her.
It was Kagome's turn to stare at him, she watched at his silvery snow hair swift lightly from left to right as he went back to sit on his table. She could still feel the intensity of his golden eyes on her as he had let out a name she had already forgotten, the way he had said it was filled with hope and warmth. Kagome felt a pair of arms around her and realized that Sango was hugging her.
“Told you he was gay.” Sango reminded her, Kagome smiled lightly. “So, who are you going after now?”
“I think I should go rest, I'll think of a story for Kagura tomorrow.” Sango shook her head. “Don't worry, I might start writing it tonight… you stay with Ayame here, you two were having a great time.”
“If that's what you want…” Sango said and kissed her cheek before walking away, Kagome sighed heavily.
She was walking out the bar when she felt someone pat her shoulder, she was about to shot herself if Hojo showed up again but then chocolate met honey. Inuyasha gulped hard as she looked at him curiously.
“Inuyasha,” He finally let out and Kagome smiled before shaking his hand gently. “My name's Inuyasha.”
“Kagome, I'm glad you let me know… now can I have your number?” She asked with her smile and he nodded before giving her out a card. “Thanks, I'll call you.”
Kagome slowly reached out of his cheek but he just placed his hand between the two of them. Inuyasha let out a very dry chuckle as Kagome shook hands again with him, he let her go and Kagome went to grab a taxi to go home.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
…having spent my whole afternoon and night looking for a man, my world seemed to tremble when Mr. J showed up again. Afraid of being caught in my lie, I had no other choice than to lie again but this time not even fabrications would be able to save me as he was not willing to let me go. As I got ready to face doom a very nice gentleman showed up, pretending to be my boyfriend and slowly shooing Mr. J away. I wanted to hear his name when he had already walked away from me. I caught myself thinking that maybe he wasn't rooting for our team, if you know what that means… but just when I was giving up hope, he found me and told me his beautiful name and gave me his number. Things seemed to have brightened up although it was already dark at night.
“Kagome, this is amazing!” Kagura said after reading her whole draft, although it was only the beginning she was already in love with story. “I'm going to make something different for this month's issue, I want you to cover the whole three pages section with your story and see how our readers react.”
“Three pages?” Kagome echoed shocked as Kagura nodded
“With the way you had written this I'm sure our readers will only be hungry for more, I know everyone dies to know who this mysterious man is… I want the whole story and a catchy name for him in two weeks, got it?” Kagura said as she arched her brow.
“Of course, sure I bring you a draft in every day?” Kagura laughed sweetly.
“No, I've already got rid of my doubts… you take your time to write this and show it to me only once it's ready.” Kagome nodded and Kagura smiled as she read her paper again. “That's all.”
“Right.” Kagome replied as she walked out of her office, she heard her again.
“Kagome, make sure you have a date with him tonight or at least for tomorrow… you need to spend with him as much time as possible.” She nodded when Kagura cleared her throat, Kagome turned to look at her again. “How about you call him now? From your cell phone?”
“Um… I actually don't carry his card with me, I'll call him tonight. I promise.” Kagura looked at her skeptically as Kagome strolled out of her office, she wiped off some sweat that her boss had caused her before sitting going back to her place.
“So…?” Ayame started and Kagome laughed a bit.
“So what?”
“What did she say? Did she like it? Are you going to see In…?” Kagome slapped her hand against her mouth to stop her.
“I don't want anyone in here to know his name, it might jeopardize my story.” Ayame nodded and pulled away her friend's hand.
“Well, are you or are you not?” She inquired and Kagome smiled as she pulled out his card and grabbed the phone, Ayame let out an excited squeal.
“Just be quiet, please?” Kagome whispered as she held the phone against her ear, Ayame pretended to zipper her mouth and lock it.
They both waited anxiously for him to pick up the phone, Kagome was eager to continue with her article after so many compliments from her very hard to convince boss. Ayame only wanted to hear what would they do, Inuyasha seemed like an interesting man and just like everyone in the office she just couldn't wait to see how her story would develop. Kagome heard his voice through her phone but she froze, she didn't know what to say and she immediately ended the call. Ayame stared at her with a mixture of fury and shock, Kagome turned to look at her with guilt before letting out a very heavy sigh.
“What was that?” her friend asked and Kagome giggled.
“You seriously thought I was calling him?” Kagome pretended to laugh some more and Ayame punched her softly on the arm.
“Not cool but anyways… why don't you call him?” Kagome rolled her eyes.
“For what? To look like a desperate crazy for him girl and scare him away? No, I'll wait till tomorrow morning to call him.” Ayame arched her brow. “Okay, maybe sooner but don't pressure me!”
“Fine, fine… just let me know what happens, please?” Ayame asked with desperation, Kagome laughed at her and she got on her knees. “Pretty please?”
“Alright!” Ayame shrieked once again and Kagome had to cover her ears. “Just stop screaming like that.”
“Done.” She shot her a funny smile and they both laughed.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Inuyasha went to work the next morning; the thought about that girl he met last night came to his mind once in a while; especially when he remembered Kikyo. As usual his brother would show up to cheer him up but Inuyasha only thought of his presence as annoyance, every day he would come at lunch and eat with him because he didn't want him to be alone. After all, before he was with him his beloved used to have lunch with him every day. Sesshomaru got his usual seat next to Inuyasha and called to the pizzeria place down the street to bring them a pizza, a few minutes later they were peacefully eating in silence when Sesshomaru cleared his throat to catch his brother's attention.
“I saw you with a girl last night, it was about time.” Sesshomaru commented, Inuyasha rolled his eyes and put the piece of pizza he held on his hand back to the box.
“Your point?” He replied annoyed, Sesshomaru let a small smile slid his lips.
“I'm just happy you finally decided to keep going with your life.” His brother patted his back as if he were a proud father, Inuyasha rolled his eyes again. “Are you going to call her?”
“No,” Inuyasha said before grabbing his pizza again and biting it, he chewed and swallowed. “She said she would.”
“Are you hoping she does?” Sesshomaru asked intrigued, Inuyasha shrugged his shoulders.
“If she wants to call me, well I'll answer but if she doesn't then…” his cell phone started ringing, Sesshomaru's eyes were bright with excitement as Inuyasha picked up his phone. “Hello? Hello?”
Inuyasha quickly hung up which erased every hope that his eyes held.
“Wrong number.” Inuyasha said as he threw his cell phone on the table, his brother grabbed the phone for him again.
“What if she called?” Sesshomaru suggested and his younger brother arched his brow and snorted in disbelief.
“But she didn't,” Inuyasha snapped and this time threw his phone towards the couch that he had in his office. “I already told you, I won't be waiting for her to speak to me… if she wants to call me that's okay, if she doesn't that's okay too.”
“You're too conformist, why don't you try something different? 6 years of nothing and when your opportunity arises, you just let it go?” Sesshomaru asked skeptically, Inuyasha sighed annoyed and pushed away the box of pizza.
“I'm done eating and I have a lot of work I should get done before this night, are you finished?” Sesshomaru was about to utter something that Inuyasha thought was a no so he immediately threw the box to his trash and helped Sesshomaru get up from his seat.
“One day, you'll regret this.” Inuyasha rolled his eyes as he pushed his own brother out of his office, before Sesshomaru could do anything else his younger brother was already locked inside his office.
Inuyasha paced around his office, gazing at his cell phone a few times as he did so. He couldn't help to think about Sesshomaru's suggestion that the girl he met last night, Kagome, had called him. Despite everything he said to Sesshomaru, deep inside he did care if she called just like she promised. Inuyasha stopped and walked towards the couch to grab his phone, he held it in his hand for a moment as he decided if he should really call back at the number that his screen displayed. He shook his head and threw it over his shoulder before he walked towards the door but before he left his office, Inuyasha quickly paced back the couch and grabbed his phone. This time, he gathered the courage to call back to the number and wait for whoever had called to answer.
“Hello?” A sweet voice answered calmly, Inuyasha gulped in nervousness.
“Yes, who's this?” he demanded and heard a light laugh.
“Kagome Higurashi,” she replied with no worry, he felt even more anxious.
“Hi, this is Inuyasha… you know, from last night?” He felt like smacking his head against his desk for sounding like a high school boy.
“Oh, hey… how did you get my number?” Kagome asked as she pretended some surprise, Inuyasha was confused by her question.
“You didn't call me? Because I have this number saved in my cell phone.” He mentioned and she gasped.
“I'm sorry; I think I have accidentally dialed it while it was in my purse… did I bother you?” Inuyasha shook his head but he soon became aware that she wouldn't be able to know what he was doing.
“No, I… was in a meeting but everything is fine.” He assured her, she took a deep breath. Kagome was aware that after his stubbornness last night he wasn't going to give the first step.
“Well, now that we are… speaking, would you like to go out tonight? For dinner?” Inuyasha was very surprised, every part of his body told him to reject her but his answer wasn't what he was hoping for.
“Yes,” He unexpectedly let out and heard her let out a relaxed sigh.
“Great, so where shall we meet?” Kagome asked with joy. Inuyasha thought about it as he passed his fingers through his silver hair before answering.
“How about at the gourmet restaurant down the street? You know, next to the bar we met last night?” He suggested.
“Awesome, see you at 8.” Kagome decided before she hung up, Inuyasha held the phone in his hands as he kept on staring at it.
He still couldn't believe he had agreed to a date with a perfect stranger, he knew her name but that was about it. Inuyasha wasn't sure if he was dating her because she seemed like a nice girl or because she reminded him so much of Kikyo, something he had been hoping to forget but so desperately hold onto. The thought of her only brought him pain, he reached out from his Gucci pants his wallet and looked at the picture he had. She appeared to be so perfect, so beautiful, so kissable yet, so unreachable now that she had gone away from him. Inuyasha immediately put his wallet back to his pants and pressed the button on his intercom before speaking.
“Rin?” He said lightly.
“Yes Inuyasha?” She immediately answered.
“Please tell everyone that I will not be working after 8, I'll go home early tonight.” He could picture her smiling behind his walls.
“Good for you Inuyasha, I'll be sure to tell all your costumers and relax for once in your life.” He let a small smile pronounce his lips before he immediately erased it and went back to work.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
“How do I look?” Kagome asked anxiously to her friend Sango, she put down her magazine and stared at her friend from head to toes.
Just right after she had answered his call and asked him out, Ayame was about to have a stroke. She suggested she should go home and get ready for her date, if she wanted Inuyasha to be the main point of her article she should better try her best to impress him. Kagome agreed only because she didn't want Ayame to keep bugging her the whole afternoon, she crashed with Sango as she was walking down the street. Kagome told her how much Kagura liked her beginning and told her about the new twist their article was taking, Sango congratulated her. Her friend, on the other hand, had no good luck. Sango was out the whole morning looking for any job that could count her as a photographer, she luckily found one but since she was just an amateur her income was lower than 500 dollars; that amount of money barely helped her to pay her apartment rent. They both went back to Kagome's apartment after a very short lunch, she asked her to help her pick something that would make her stand out.
Sango agreed eagerly but after seeing her friend try on thousands of different clothes, she got tired and grabbed a magazine she found laying on Kagome's couch. After a few minutes, her friend came out again with another outfit. Sango definitely thought this might be it. Kagome wore a very light white dress with small imprinted pink flowers around the edges of it, it reached up to her knee and was tied at the back, something that Sango would help her get later. She had golden strapless high heels and her hair was pulled up in an unusual way that made her neck look longer and made her look very sexy. Kagome patiently waited for her answer before her friend showed her an approbation smile before she tossed the magazine away and helped her tie a lace from behind.
“You think I look okay?” Kagome asked with the same worry, Sango rolled her eyes and once she was done tying her loose knots she looked at her friend.
“Kagome, you look fantastic… if he doesn't like you then must be gay.” Sango replied and her friend laughed, she was about to pull down her hair when Sango stopped her. “You wouldn't dare to touch that if you know what's good for you.”
“Fine, I'll get some lipstick and mascara… what time is it?” Kagome inquired as she walked back to her room, Sango stared at her cell phone and gasped.
“Um… Kags?” She said with temptation.
“Yes?” Kagome replied as she maneuvered her lip gloss on her mouth.
“Its 8:00 already, you're gonna be late.” Kagome panicked and ran out of her room before going out of her apartment.
Kagome didn't even bother in saying bye to Sango, she would understand and besides she was able to get out of her apartment alone. Kagome got on the first taxi she found on her sight, she asked him to drive her to her desired direction and promised a bonus of 20 extra dollars if he could make it in less than 10 minutes. By the time they had reached the restaurant, 6 minutes had elapsed. Kagome quickly paid him with his bonus money and ran out of his car. Thankfully, she found Inuyasha waiting for her outside with his usual formal dark designer suits. Kagome plastered a smile on her lips as she walked next to him, he didn't return it but in exchange shook hands with her again. They went inside and got a comfortable table for the two of them, a bit away from the crowd. A waiter came with their menus and left their alone; Kagome eyed at her menu once and tossed it away as she directed her full attention to Inuyasha.
“I want to know more about you,” she confessed as she slowly made her arms hold her head, he arched his brow and turned his attention to her as well.
“Of course, as long as I have the same rights.” Inuyasha answered and Kagome smiled, she toyed with a strand of her hair before starting her questions.
“What do you do for a living?” She asked intrigued, Inuyasha sighed heavily.
“I'm the owner of a model agency which specializes in photo shoots for important magazines, international models mostly but we do have many other variety of costumers… it's a very interesting job and yourself?” He asked politely, Kagome was panicking inside since she didn't know if she could tell him what she did without including details.
“I'm… a… school teacher, kinder garden.” She lied, Inuyasha nodded slowly and she smiled. “I love kids.”
“Of course… but you look too young, I mean… like to be working in such a job position like that, don't you need some experience?” He asked curiously, Kagome giggled a little before smiling again.
“I believe you need to learn from experience and not backwards but… you've made me wonder, how old do you think I am?” Kagome asked with interest, he stared at her for a few seconds before delivering his verdict.
“19.” He decided and Kagome laughed.
“Thanks, I haven't got a greater compliment in years… I'm 24.” She admitted with some guilt, he looked shocked and she bit her bottom lip. “And now I'm even more curious, how old are you?”
“I'm 28.” Inuyasha said truthfully, Kagome thought he acted too mature for a man his age; she decided it would be better to leave more questions for later as their waiter approached them.
Although Kagome had no idea what there was on the menu, she did a right choice when she asked for a shrimp crepe, Inuyasha asked for spinach pasta with chicken. They both asked for a sodas and the waiter was on his way to send their orders to the kitchen. Inuyasha shyly looked around the place and Kagome gazed at him do so, he seemed to be such a gentleman but she thought there was a catch. After all, her magazine was about looking for the right man since everyone knew there was no such thing as perfect but Kagome was having doubts as her date tried nothing on her. One thing was for sure, he was interested in her but sometimes he knew how to show it to her and others he waiter for her to try her best. Kagome thought it was her turn again, seeing that he wouldn't start talking in a while.
“Tell more about yourself, you're too quiet…” Kagome prompted and he looked at her with a soft smile.
“That's because I'm waiting for you to tell me about yourself.” He replied shamelessly and Kagome blushed lightly. “Okay, I'll ask you something… who was that guy last night?”
“Everything but that,” she whispered and laughed dryly. “My friends convinced me to go out for a few drinks, we went to this bar in which I met that very boring guy… he just didn't know when to shut up and I just don't know when to leave or how to do it. Well, we ran away from him and I wanted to go to the bathroom when he showed up again… this time, he desperately wanted to buy me a drink and…”
“And?” Inuyasha echoed with curiosity, Kagome slowly reached for his hand across the table.
“That's when you got there.”
The moment her hand touched his, his blood started boiling in response. He loved her velvet touch on his hand but at the sudden reaction her soft skin caused him, Inuyasha pulled away his hand. Kagome mistook her action and retreat her hand before giving him a small smile.
“I'm sorry, it's just that…” Inuyasha didn't want her to know about his troubles in life, at least not yet.
“It's okay; I get it… too soon.” Kagome said the right words which only left Inuyasha to nod in affirmation.
After a comfortable dinner talking about his job and her fake job, they both ended pretty happy with their meal choices. Before they noticed it was past midnight and Inuyasha thought it would be better for him to drop off Kagome at her home, at first she objected but she thought about the possibility of an advance in their current state of dating and doing nothing. Kagome was very shocked when she saw his very fancy Mercedes black car; she said nothing though in case she would seem she was dating him only for his money. Their trip was silent but in a very comfortable way, Kagome was thinking about what he would do once they reached her door and Inuyasha was thinking if she had a good time. Finally, they got to their destination. Inuyasha opened the door for her and Kagome smiled as a thankful sign, he walked her to her door and Kagome slowly looked for her keys in her purse.
“I had a nice time, thank you for that.” Inuyasha finally spoke first, Kagome was taken off guard and she smiled.
“You're welcome and I'm more than happy that you had agreed to go out with me, I hope we can repeat this again.” Kagome said suggestively, he nodded.
“How about tomorrow, for lunch?” Kagome nodded and he shot her his shy smile again. “Well, good night.”
Kagome closed her eyes lightly waiting for him to kiss her but when she snapped them open he was just offering her his hand like he did yesterday. Although she wasn't happy at all with his way, she smiled and shook it before she went inside. Inuyasha stared at her through the glass door before going back to his Mercedes and driving back to his house, for the first time in years, he actually let a chuckle escape his throat as he thought of nice evening he had with Kagome.
 
 
A/N: yeah, this is kinda like how to lose a guy in ten days and I think it's also like sex in the city… but it's different at the same time lol. I like it though and hope you guys do too, I'm trying to make it different from my other stories… I have never focused only in one relationship, I've always had other pairings but in this one it's mainly inu/kag. Review please!!! =)