InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mr. Perfect, for your eyes only ❯ love ( Chapter 8 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Love isn't really that hard to find, you just have to look closely and pay attention to your environment. What really is hard is to let that other person know how much you care about him. As time passes by I realize that, even though it seems he's flawless, as I let him inside my heart and he gives me a glimpse of his; I'm becoming aware of how much Mr. Perfect isn't as perfect as he seems. He carries me away with each of his sweet words, telling me how much I mean to him and yet he manages to keep away secrets of his own but I don't mind it… for now. I'm completely sure that not pressuring him into talk will eventually make his secrets float above; trust is an important key in a relationship while love is what keeps it together.
Between him and me, lines aren't traced and labels haven't been placed but Mr. Perfect and I know how to keep our relationship in balance. We have lunch together at least four times a week and he comes to my apartment to visit me after every night of tired work. Romance is optional when it comes to us, we usually watch a movie or read a book together but things such as a neck massage, dinner with candles or even sex… haven't been mentioned.
The latter is a subject of consideration and here's why:
In a world where one-night stands seem to be the new sensation, “making love” sounds very old fashioned and even a matter of laughter but I'm trying to impose a new trend. How about waiting for a real man to share your sexual experiences? There's nothing wrong in waiting, I waited for him to open up and the results have been amazing. I actually
“Hey, what are you writing?” Inuyasha asked as he walked towards her laptop, Kagome smiled at him and immediately closed the lid.
“Just… some stupid things, careless.” She giggled and he kissed her lips softly.
“I've been meaning to ask you something the whole week,” He confessed as he stared intensively into her chocolate orbs. “Would you…? I was wondering if you would…?”
“Inuyasha, I can't answer if you don't tell me the question.” Kagome said and he sighed.
“Would you like to go out with me… and brother and his date?” She stared at him confused, Inuyasha rolled his eyes. “You see… my brother has been too busy trying to make me move on that he hasn't noticed that my assistant is drooling for him so I set them up.”
“Okay but why are we going?” Kagome asked still dazed and he sighed irritated, throwing himself softly on her bed.
“Because he doesn't know it and he thinks that he's going to meet you… my brother believes I'm lying to him every time I tell him I'm going to see you.” Inuyasha let out and Kagome smiled before kissing his forehead.
“Of course I'll go, don't you think it might be a bit too obvious?” She asked as she sat on her bed, Inuyasha arched his brow.
“What do you mean?”
“She'll know that you set her up,” he nodded. “Oh, so she does know?”
“Yeah, she was grateful… Sesshomaru is very dense when it comes to girls and he has been very good to me after…” He stopped and took a deep breath. “Well, he was very nice to me and I think I owe him a favor.”
“Okay, when are we going out?” She asked and noticed his eyes somewhere else.
“Um… probably tomorrow.” Inuyasha answered as he walked towards her desk again, Kagome immediately grabbed him by the arm and pulled him towards her.
“What?” She asked as he half smiled.
“You're hiding something.” He deduced and she shrugged her shoulders.
“So? You hide stuff from me as well; I think I have the right to keep my own secrets.” He nodded unsure and kissed her lips softly.
“I'll let you know my secrets when I'm ready, I hope you do too.” He mumbled as he cupped her cheek, Kagome faked a smile.
“Of course.” She said, Inuyasha was about to kiss her when her phone rang. Kagome sighed and picked up. “Sorry, Hello?”
“So I guess you're too busy with your Mr. Perfect like to call your friends and tell them you weren't coming for lunch today.” Kagome slapped her hand against her forehead.
“Oh! Sango, I totally forgot… I made plans with Inuyasha.” She heard her friend sigh.
“You need to stop living in your fantasy world Kagome, try to think about us for once okay?” Sango suggested, Kagome smiled and soon Inuyasha snatched her phone.
“Hello, this is Inuyasha Takashi.” He said casually as Kagome stared at him in awe. “I'm very sorry I had placed Kagome in such a difficult position, is there anything I can do to change it?”
“What are you doing?” Kagome whispered unbelievably as a sly smile curved her lips, he placed a finger on top of her lips.
“Of course, we'll be there in less than half an hour. Thank you, good day.” Inuyasha said and closed her phone before handing it to Kagome; she immediately placed it in her pocket and turned her attention to Inuyasha.
“What did she say?” He shook his head.
“You'll find out eventually, let's go.” Inuyasha suggested as he grabbed her hand softly, Kagome grabbed her coat and then walked out the door with him.
She didn't bother in asking him again, she knew she wouldn't get any answers from him so Kagome decided to have a quiet ride. Inuyasha was smiling as he gazed at Kagome from the corner of his eye, he knew she would be surprised and somehow it was important for him to be part of her world as much as she was part of his. Kagome recognized the restaurant they parked in front; it was the same place her friends had picked to have lunch for special occasions such as Ayame's engagement. Inuyasha helped her out of the car and opened the door for her to be greeted by a squeal.
“He's adorable Kagome!” Ayame said as she approached them, Sango giggled.
“I guess you didn't expect to find us, right?” She asked to Kagome and she sighed.
“Well, someone didn't want to get into details…” She looked at Inuyasha who kissed her forehead.
“I'm pleased to meet you, I'm Ayame.” She said as she offered him her hand, he took it with a sly smile.
“Likewise,” Inuyasha replied and Kagome blushed by his seriousness. “Shall we get our table?”
“We have a table already; we were just waiting for you.” Sango said as she walked towards her place, she sat next to Ayame and left two chairs for Inuyasha and Kagome respectively.
“So… Inuyasha, tell me…” Ayame was interrupted by his cell phone; he groaned annoyed.
“I'm very sorry; I have to answer this.” He apologized and walked away, Kagome took the chance to give her friends a menacing look.
“Why did you invite him?” She hissed her question, Sango laughed.
“Your ginger devil here was so desperate to make him some questions that his offer of compensating our time was very irresistible, so we invited him for lunch… with you of course.” Ayame pulled out her tongue.
“You guys always blame it on me, can't I have some fun?” Kagome was about to tell her why she couldn't but Inuyasha was returning so she forced a smile on her lips.
“Is everything okay?” She asked once he was back, he nodded.
“Yeah, just making sure everything is okay for tonight.” He assured her before kissing her lips softly.
“Ooh! You guys are having a big night?” Ayame asked. “Ouch!”
“So you were saying?” Kagome asked as a smile pronounced her lips; Ayame shot her a look before returning to Inuyasha.
“Right… um, so what do you…?”
“Are you ready to order?” the waiter asked and Ayame sighed annoyed, Kagome laughed and nodded.
Their lunch was very peaceful, Ayame asked Inuyasha a few questions which he found amusing and answered casually. Kagome was very grateful, her friends would usually torture her dates and having him as a part of the magazine was hard enough for her to keep it in secret. When they were finished with their meals Sango, Ayame and Inuyasha battled for who would paid the check; finally the girls surrendered when he said they would pay next time. The girls said their goodbyes, which made Inuyasha flinch but he disguised it by pretending to laugh at a remark Ayame said. Once again back in his black car, Kagome sighed relieved he smiled.
“I'll take that as a sign of a satisfying lunch.” Inuyasha commented as he started the engine.
“You don't know how grateful I am, my friends… are quite nosy about my relationships and they have a morbid interest in you.” He laughed and kissed her forehead before he started driving.
 
 
 
A/N: I was going to make this chapter longer but it's been such a long time since I updated this story that I thought I should make it up to you, I've been really busy you know? College applications, school, family… everything is hard right now. I'll try to update sooner next time… review please!!! =)