InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Much Needed Healing ❯ Discoveries (PT.1) ( Chapter 10 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The drive home from the office had been a long one, filled with anticipation. Sesshomaru was caught between two very opposite desires. On one hand, he hoped that the miko had left. He had been less than cordial after their rut, merely dressing and leaving, so possibly she would feel some sort of regret and escape during his absence. His hand on the handle of his front door, he pondered his other option.

She could have stayed. After all, he had not told her to leave, and she certainly didn't have a ready means of transport. He was forced to admit that perhaps she felt drawn to him due to their shared history. After all, he suffered from that same feeling.

With a long and anguished mental sigh he determined that he could not decide which outcome he would prefer. He did want her to be there when he walked in the door; there was something that bound them, something deeper than a simple rut. But he knew, deep within himself, that he needed her to be gone. He could never have her. She belonged to Inuyasha, and he was only the delivery man. It was harsh, but true. Equally true was the fact that in a little more than 24 hours, he would have to give her back to the one she truly belonged to. He had already defiled her, which would make things all the more difficult; to do so again was unthinkable.

Bracing himself, he opened the door and stepped inside.

********************************************************** ***

What had he been thinking, telling the stupid mutt about his woman? Now the hanyou was more set on coming back to Japan than ever before.

But it was what Inuyasha had kept hidden from him through all these centuries that had him really ticked off. He had expected shock, outrage, surprise, relief, any number of emotions from the hanyou when he was told about the possibility of Kagome being alive. Silence was not one of the expected emotions. Nor was the statement that followed.

“Yeah, I knew it was about that time.”

“What?” Kouga was at a loss. What the hell was the mutt talking about?

“I said it was about that time, or her time I guess. I've been counting the years since she left, and I knew she'd turn up about now. I'm just surprised that Sesshomaru was the one to find her. I always thought that I would get to see her again before anyone else did. Fuck, I knew I should have come home sooner.”

“So you're telling me that you knew that Kagome was still alive and you never said anything about it to anyone?” Kouga was really pissed off now. Inuyasha hadn't been the only one to have mourned the loss of the little miko. The fact that the hanyou had sat around and watched as Kouga drowned in his sorrows for her, and had not said anything about her being alive was downright shitty.

“Don't take it personal. She wasn't really alive after all.”

“Listen here you mangy mutt” Kouga all but screamed into the phone “You're not making one lick of sense! So you better tell me exactly what is going on or I swear to you that I will meet you at the airport and then kick your ass all the way back to America!”

“Keh. As if you could flea-bag! But I guess I might as well tell you. On one condition.”

Oh, he didn't want to have to do anything in return for Inuyasha telling him about Kagome, but if he was going to find his woman, he was going to have to make some sacrifices. “Fine. What is it?”

“You've got to make sure that nothing happens to her before I get back. She and Sesshomaru had some.... differences of opinions back in the Feudal Era, and if he's found her, he might hurt her. I want her kept fucking safe!” This last was said with a force and passion that Kouga hadn't heard from Inuyasha in centuries.

“Yeah man, I can do that.” After all, he didn't want any harm to come to the innocent little miko either. And then Inuyasha began to tell