InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Much Needed Healing ❯ Agreement ( Chapter 17 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

He watched as her entire body was wracked with the force of her sobs. She was curled into the fetal position, knees pressed tightly to her chest, and palms pressed to her face to shield her tears from view. Reaching one hand forward, Sesshomaru gently clasped her shaking shoulder, and was slightly horrified when she pulled herself away from his touch as though she had been burned.
 
“Don't touch me” he heard her spit.
 
“I am sorry miko. I did not mean to so upset you.” She ignored his apology and continued to cry there on his silk sheets.
 
“I don't want to hear it Sesshomaru. You just don't get it. You'll never understand, so it's not worth my time to try and explain it to you.”
 
“I know, I don't understand. I just..... I don't want to be a substitute for him. Surely you of all people, the reincarnation of the famous Kikyou, understands that.”
 
Kagome stopped crying slowly as she let his words sink in. He was right. She knew exactly how he felt. She remembered the fear that Inuyasha had only cared about her because of her resemblance to Kikyou, and she felt compassion for the great taiyoukai. She turned her face to look at him.
 
Looking into her wet blue eyes, Sesshomaru saw that she was listening. With a sigh he continued, “It has been so long since I have let anyone into my life, and I do not want to make a mistake. If you only wish to spend time with me because I remind you of him, then I can no longer allow you to stay.”
 
Kagome was struck silent. Was this his way of telling her that she had feelings for her? That perhaps he cared for her? Sure, they had fucked, but that didn't mean that he would automatically care for her. She had slept with many men, most of whose names she could not remember. “Sesshomaru. Are you saying that you...”
 
He cut her off swiftly with a wave of his hand. “I am saying nothing more than that I am not and never will be Inuyasha.” He felt the gentle touch of a small hand on his shoulder, and cringed slightly at the pain it caused.
 
“I'm sorry that I hurt you” Kagome whispered.
 
“It is nothing.”
 
Kagome had seen the way his eyes had narrowed at her touch on the place where she had burned his pristine alabaster skin. She closed her eyes and began to focus.
 
Sesshomaru watched the little woman close her eyes and briefly wondered what she was doing when he suddenly felt a warm heat flow over the burns on his shoulders. Looking down, he was startled to see a soft blue light emanating from the tips of her slender fingers. His wounds began to heal before his very eyes, and he watched as new skin slowly formed over the burned areas. When the light began to subside, he looked back up into the shyly smiling face of the miko.
 
“That is a useful ability. You seem much more powerful than the last time that I laid eyes on you.”
 
“Well, before I left, another miko was training me rather rigorously. I wasn't sure I could still do it actually.” She ran a fingertip slowly over his shoulder as though inspecting her own work. “I'm glad that I could though. I don't think that it will leave a scar.”
 
Sesshomaru captured her small hand within his own and pulled it from his shoulder. Looking into her deep azure eyes, he brought her hand slowly up to his mouth and began to individually kiss each small and soft fingertip. He didn't understand quite how they had gone from screaming to this in so short a time, but for the moment it seemed that they had come to some sort of an understanding. He only had a few short hours left until he would have to hand her over to her rightful mate, and he was determined to enjoy each moment. Although he tried to keep his hopes from soaring, he could not deny that deep within himself he dreamed that she would choose him over his brother. Inuyasha would be devastated, but the whelp had gotten too many things too easily in his life. He was no longer a little boy who was alone and needed nurtured, he was a man. And this creature before him was most assuredly a woman, and a treasure. She was powerful and wore her heart on her sleeve, and for the moment, no one else existed in the world but the two of them. There was no love-lorn hanyou, no skirt chasing wolf, no responsibilities or obligations. There were only miko and taiyoukai, alone and unfettered.
 
After tenderly kissing each little precious finger, Sesshomaru gently pulled Kagome closer to him. His lips barely brushing hers, she said, “I thought that `I' didn't want to do this. I thought that `I' was hung up on Inuyasha.”
 
“Fuck Inuyasha!” Sesshomaru growled as he pulled the woman into a soul searing kiss.
 
*************************************************************
 
Kouga had been drawn by the sounds of his woman screaming, and had immediately leapt to his feet and rushed to the bedroom door. Finding that the pair had settled down and that there was no only quiet conversation, he looked into the room through the smallest of cracks between the door and the frame.
 
There was Sesshomaru, kneeling before Kagome who was sitting on the bed in front of him. Kouga's sensitive ears picked up the taiyoukai's words as he said, “I am saying nothing more than that I am not and never will be Inuyasha.”
 
He watched as Kagome raised her small hands and placed them on Sesshomaru's shoulders, which appeared to have gotten injured in their verbal sparring. He was pleased with his woman's bravery, and then astounded as a bright blue light engulfed the taiyoukai. Obviously, the little miko had become more powerful and she was now healing the damage that she has previously inflicted. The glow subsided, and she ran her fingertips gently over the area, inspecting the work that she had accomplished.
 
Kouga fought down a growl and was poised to burst into the room when Sesshomaru's large hand shot out and grasped the miko's. The wolf assumed that the taiyoukai was going to do something foolish to the woman to punish her for injuring his person, so he was shocked to see Sesshomaru instead pull those little fingers to his mouth and begin to kiss them tenderly.
 
Blinking his eyes in shock, Kouga watched as the taiyoukai brough the woman's face to whisper's distance from his own. He released a breath that he didn't know he was holding when Kagome stopped Sesshomaru. She spoke so softly that even Kouga could not hear her words, but he could certainly hear Sesshomaru's response.
 
“Fuck Inuyasha!” The taiyoukai all but bellowed before grabbing the back of Kagome's head and pulling her in for a scorching kiss.
 
Kouga continued to watch in astonishment as his woman latched her lithe arms around Sesshomaru's neck and pulled him tightly against her body.
 
*************************************************************