InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mutations ❯ The Invasion ( Chapter 6 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
A/N: I'm getting just about ready to add one of my many tricks to the story ready? I don't own Inuyasha or X-Men.

Kagome walked slowly to the large mission room yawning. She hadn't gotten much sleep the last night because of homework. She tensed when she felt a gloved hand grab her shoulder, but relaxed when a voice accompanied it. "Calm down, I know you're tired. Just relax," she heard Mimic's voice behind her. Instantly, she was transported to her place in the line.

"Thanks," she yawned.

"No I can't stop reading your mind," he said, answering her thoughts. "It's like one of those really good mystery books."

She turned a shade of bright pink. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Good morning." Kagome and Mimic looked up to see that Storm had started the day with the usual class division.

As the two walked toward their class, Kagome could tell that something was bothering Mimic.

"You okey?"

'Don't ask if you don't want to know,' she heard his voice in her mind.

"Will you get out of my head?" she said, thoroughly annoyed.

'Shut up!' she heard his voice yell. 'Just think about what you want to say. Don't say it.' Kagome watched as Mimic checked the hallway one last time before walking into the classroom.

'Mimic, what's going on?' Kagome thought.

'No time.' Kagome and everyone else watched as the boy walked up to her and raised his hand to her face. 'Don't move.' Kagome obeyed and soon, the small metal box that Inuyasha had given her was in his hand.

`'What're you doing?' Kagome looked at him, confused.

'Making the proper procautions.' The boy shoved the box into his pocket and turned to the teacher. 'I'm sure you sense it too.' This time he broadcasted his thoughts to the entire room. Jean nodded. Suddenly, Mimic pulled up his vest and removed a large quantity of shuriken from his belt, throwing them one by one into the air. Each one froze a foot away from him until they all stood four to five feet off of the grownd, frozen in the air. "Kagome! Get ready!" The shuriken began circling the boy as one of the windows was broken and a man dropped in wearing a special ops uniform and carrying a large assault rifle.

Before anybody, including the man, could do anything, Mimic raised his hands and the man was showered with shuriken. The small steel stars sped in a circle, cutting and ripping through his body as they moved past him, only stopping at the sound of Kagome's surprised gasp. They then moved to surround Mimic once again as he turned and leapt out the window.

Only seconds later, Inuyasha smashed through the classroom door. "Jean, get everyone to safety I'll take care of these fuckers!" Inuyasha ordered, kicking one of the men in the stomach as he followed the hanyou into the room. Jean nodded and she along with the others ran out of the room, all except for one, Kagome. "Kagome..." Inuyasha looked at her with pleading eyes.

"Inuyasha?" Kagome looked at him as she was broken out of her transe. She ran toward him.

"You should go with Jean. She'll keep you safe." Kagome nodded and ran in the direction Jean had gone. "Kagome! Wait!" Inuyasha called. Kagome turned around to see a shining silver object fly toward her. She caught it and looked down at the small piece of metal.

She looked up at Inuyasha who was now in his true form. He was smiling at her. "Inuyasha. Why?" Kagome watched him turn around and look over his shoulder.

"Because you were right. I don't need it anymore." Inuyasha ran in the opposite direction and dissapeared into the darkness. She looked up and down the hallway before slowly walking in the direction Jean had taken. She was a small poof behind her, then another and she found herself in a small cave-like tunnel.

"You really need to stop doing that," Kagome sighed, turning around to see Mimic in a defensive position, the shuriken spinning, orbiting his body like small planets.

"Get down!" he grabbed her just below the back of the neck and forced her down as he dove to the ground. There were a few loud bangs from the darkness and two men stepped into view.

Kagome rubbed her aching neck and covered her eyes from the gorey scene as it played itself out. There were two shrieks fo pain and a loud splash of liquid hitting the floor. Without looking up, Kagome got to her feet and followed her new best friend down the long hallway.

"Sorry about that, Kagome." The young girl looked up at Mimic as he spoke. "It was unavoidable," he sighed, reading her thoughts. "You're right. I didn't need to kill them. If you had been watching, you would have seen that I only hit nonvital places to cause pain. That's all. They aren't dead."

Kagome looked up at him, smiling weakly. "You did a good thing."

"Yeah? Well then, why do I feel like this is going to come back to bite me in the ass?"

"What happened?" Kagome looked around at the unfamiliar underground passageway. "Where are we?"

"We're in a secret passage to the nearest subway station. It was a precaution in case something like this happened," he explained. "As for what's happening. We're being attacked. I don't know yet by who, but what I do know is that we need to get the hell out of here. I can only protect you for so long." He stopped suddenly and turned around. "Shit!" He cursed and began looking for a way out.

"What?" Then she heared it. A low rumbling sound. She turned back to Mimic and saw that he was pulling out a hooked knife. With the flick of the wrist, the knife's duel blades turned into one large shuriken. (Think 'Bloodbath glaive' except smaller and sharper) He quickly pulled out a small object that looked like a roll of mesuring tape and attached the end of the tape to the shuriken.

"Grab on!" he yelled. She wrapped her arms around him just as flame was coming into vision only twenty yards away from them. He quickly pressed a button on the tape's container and the shuriken was launched up into the air. It hooked itself onto the bottom of the manhole cover at the roof of the tunnel. He pressed a second button, wrapping his free arm around Kagome's waist as they were both lifted to the cieling. He closed his eyes and just before reaching the top, he sent a blast of air at the large peice of metal, sending it flying threw the air, carrying him and Kagome outside.

"What was that!?" Kagome yelled, looking down at the flame as it filled the tunnel below.

"Thanks I've been practicing," said, brushing off his arms.

"I meant-."

"I know what you meant. I was a bomb," he looked down as the fire calmed. "And by the looks of it, a big one. I'm thinking about a ton of C4." He whistled and began walking away. "They really want us dead."

"Why?" Kagome ran to catch up with him.

"Those idiot humans are afraid of us."

"You mean they're afraid of us and still manage to come up with the courage to bomb us?" Kagome asked critically.

"Yep." He looked around the corner before turning. "It's a basic truth of the human condition. They're afraid of what they don't understand." He pulled his gloves off and handed them to Kagome. "Hold these." They turned another corner and stopped a block away from the large school which was now surrounded by a convoy of Hummers and vans. "I'll be right back." He said waving over his shoulder as he walked toward the school. It was then that Kagome noticed a familiar piece of metal around his finger.

Kagome leaned against the wall and listened to the various sounds of men screaming and explosions. She turned her head trying not to look at the carnage being caused by Mimic as he cleared the school of all threats. She pulled out Inuyasha's ring and starred at it. It was silver, engraved with a running dog on it. There was also an ingraving on the inside of the band. "Live," was all it said. She searched the ring for more but found nothing.

There was one more scream and an explosion before Mimic appeared in a puff of smoke in front of her. "I got rid of the intruders. They are now at the town dump along with their vehicles. I'm keeping their guns, though. I don't trust them with deadly weapons anymore," he said sarcastically as he helped her to her feet.

"You need a hobby," Kagome said, watching him shove his hands back into his pockets.

"I have one, thank you."

"What is it?" Kagome looked at him suspicsiously.

"Collecting weapons," he smirked and undid the buckles on his vest, dropping it to the ground. It landed with a loud crack and left a large dent in the ground. She looked up to see that under his vest, Mimic was covered with various weapons. He had almost fifty shuriken in holsters that went diagonally across his chest. On the sides of his chest were what looked like knives with knuckle busters for handles.

"You need a less dangerous hobby," she corrected, watching him rebuckle the impossibly heavy vest.

"Yeah. Well, my dangerous hobby probably just saved both our asses," the boy looked around the empty streets before walking toward the now silent school building.

"That's true," Kagome admitted, following him. "But, you could always just use your powers without them."

"Ah, but I don't want to. You see the point I'm trying to get across?" he walked through the gate and around the side of the building.

"Where're we going?" Kagome asked, looking at the young man's back as he led the way.

"We're going to go get the others," he said, opening the door at the side of the building to reveal the hanger. The two mutants walked in and Mimic pressed a button on the underside of the X jet. The hatch opened and he walked up the stairs and into the plain.

"A-are you sure this is safe?" Kagome asked, looking up at the young boy a he held his hand out to her.

"Let's go! The others are in trouble. Don't worry I saw Storm fly it this morning. I can do it."

Kagome nodded and boarded the plane. Seconds later. The roof opened and the X jet flew out.

A/N: REIVIEW. Remember, if you have any questions review or email me at blade@gdaywalker.com.