InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mutations ❯ Pushed Away...(part 1) ( Chapter 9 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
A/N: I'm tired of saying this....I DON'T OWN INUYASHA DAMNIT!!! (takes deep breath)...i feel much better now...I don't own X-Men either....

Kagome awoke with a small jump before raising her head slowly to look at the man whos arms now held her. "Inuyasha?" She let out a small gasp of surprise when the hanyou's eyes shot open and watched as his pupils slowly adjusted to the light and moved to focus on her. He smiled.

"Feeling better?" he asked, his voice a whisper.

"Yeah, but you could have caught whatever I had," the girl said, checking his forehead for fever. "That wasn't smart y'know?"

"Don't worry about it," he said softly, placing his hand over her own and removing it from his face. "I can't get sick." Kagome watched her hand as he brought it down to her side. "I've found that, uh, people heal faster when a friend is nearby," he explained.

She looked away, trying to avoid eye contact. 'Friend...'

"What's wrong?" Inuyasha looked down at her. 'Shit! I did something wrong again!'

"Huh?" She said, yanking herself from her thoughts. "Oh, uh, nothing."

"That's what you said last time," Inuyasha looked down at the young girl accusingly.

"I said, I'm fine!" Kagome growled, struggling out of his arms and storming out of the room.

Inuyasha blinked. 'What the hell was that?' There was a poof to his left and Mimic stepped out of the shadows.

"You're an idiot!" the man said quietly.

"Whaddya mean, 'I'm an idiot'?" Inuyasha jumped to his feet.

"You had a perfect chance and you blew it!" he yelled, walking forward.

"What're you talking about?" Inuyasha's ears flattened.

"She ran away because she doesn't want to be your friend you idiot!" Mimic stopped and turned to the door. "We'll finish this later!" He dissappeared in a puff of smoke just as the doorknob turned and Kagome walked through it.

"Kagome..." Inuyasha's ears jumped back to life as he walked cautiously toward her.

"Get ready," she choked.

"Kagome?" He cocked his head to the side and sniffed the air. 'She's crying.'

"We're going to the White House," said quietly as she raised her arm to wipe her eye. Her arm was caught and she looked up. Inuyasha was staring back down at her.

"What's wrong?" he said quietly as if trying not to scare her away.

"Nothing." She tried to look angry.

"You're lying."

"So, what. Now you can read minds too?" she hissed, trying to yank her arm away from him.

Inuyasha moved closer to her until their noses almost touched and stared into her eyes. "I don't need to," he whispered.

Kagome gasped and stepped back. Inuyasha watched as the girls eyes became fierce and her face turned bright pink. "Let go of me!" she growled. Inuyasha released her arm and began walking toward the door.

"Fine, I know when I'm not wanted..." he grumbled to himself as he closed the door behind him.

There was puff of smoke and Mimic appeared in front of Kagome. "That wasn't smart."

"You need to stop doing that." Kagome said, reaching to open one of her drawers.

Mimic turned into a small kitten and hopped onto the drawer to look into her eyes. After a few seconds of sitting there trying to look cute, the kitten hissed and growled before running away and turning back to Mimic. "That's what you just did."

"Whatever," Kagome said, wiping her eyes.

Mimic smiled under his mask before turning back into a small kitten and jumping back onto the drawer and lifting her hand up with his head. She smiled weakly as he carressed her hand with his fur. A few seconds later, the kitten seemed to frown up at her as it backed away and jumped off of the drawer again to turn back into Mimic. "...and that's what he just did," the man said in a low voice.

"What's your point?" the girl snapped.

The man flipped off the light before taking off his glasses and looking up at her. "You're confused. You're pushing him away like you're doing to me right now."

"Why'd you turn off the light?"

"Light sensitivity...but, that's not the point. You're pushing him away and you don't know why," his voice stayed even as he spoke.

"Will you just stay out of my head!" Kagome yelled, grabbing her head in her hands as if blocking it from the man.

"I'm not reading your mind Kagome." The man walked toward her.

"Then, what? Playing phsyciotrist now?"

"No," the boy said, stoping a foot away from her. His yellow eyes glowed in the darkness. "I'm being your friend."

Kagome looked up into his eyes and relaxed slightly.

"You need to stop pushing him away and say what you feel. He might be a little stupid about it, but he cares about you," he concentrated and looked deep into her eyes. "He hasn't said anything because last time it ended up burning him," he said, answering her unasked question. "That's why you need to say something to him." Mimic walked toward the door and replaced his glasses as he turned on the light and opened the door. "Think about what I said and get ready. We're leaving in five minutes." He closed the door behind him as he walked out.



Kagome buckled her seat belt and watched as Inuyasha walked into the large jet wearing his black X gear (the stuff the X-Men wear) with what looked like an old sword attached to his belt and plopped down on the seat next to her.

'Say something!' a voice in the back of her mind yelled. "So, Inuyasha, you never told me what class you're in," she said nervously.

"I'm not in one," the young man growled softly as if talking to himself.

"Then, what do you do?" Kagome said, trying to keep the conversation going.

The hanyou sighed and looked out the window. "I'm training to be a teacher."

"Really? In what?" Kagome asked, now genuinely interested.

"Danger room..."

A/N: to be continued...