InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mutations ❯ The Mission (Part 2): MIA ( Chapter 14 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
A/N: I don't own Inuyasha or X-Men...By the way, I just wanted to say that my understanding was that Inuyasha's eyes were a light gold not dark yellow...

Inuyasha leaned down and looked through the scope of his AS50 sniper rifle at the Alcatraz prison where the information he was after was being kept. There were three guards standing in front of the door armed with assault rifles. He shifted the gun so that it was aimed at the window, two floors above them and looked through the scope again. There were two doctors in white coats talking as they walked out of the room. He watched until the door closed completely before turning to Mimic and nodding.

Mimic smiled. "Hold on," he said, grabbing Inuyasha's shoulder and teleporting both of them into the small room.

As soon as they were in the room, he dropped his own rifle to the ground and pulled out his two Glock 21s from his vest holsters and ducked behind a wall. He then turned to watch Inuyasha as the hanyou crouched low to the ground, holding his rifle to his side as he ran along the wall to one of the desks.

"What're we supposed to get?" the older man growled through his headset.

"Just get the hard drives. I'll take care of the rest," the younger whispered as he walked along the wall to a large door that looked like one on a bank safe. He looked over the door a few times before taking off his glasses. His eyes turned from dark yellow to a bright purple. Every thing began turning to different shades of red as they dissapeared and all he could see was the heat signatures of various people through out the building. He looked through the door at a young child that was sitting in front of a large TV and smiled. 'Found him.'

He turned around to see a fairly pissed off hanyou walking close to the ground toward him. "Alright, I got the hard drives. Now what?"

Mimic looked down at the small pieces of metal. "Just put them on the floor." Inuyasha did as he was told and watched as Mimic raised his hands over them. Seconds later, the hard drives blured before quickly doubling in quantaty. "Now we have copies. You can put them back," he said quietly.

Inuyasha growled at him as he picked up the originals and began putting them back. Mimic smiled. It was fun torturing teachers.

Suddenly, there was a muffled yelp and a thud and Mimic turned around. 'Shit,' he thought as a small projectile pierced his chest.




Kagome looked around at her now very confused Danger Room class. Inuyasha had just been in the middle of explaining the effective ranges of certain types of ammunition when both he and Mimic suddenly disappeared. They just faded away. There was no puff of smoke. No crack. Nothing. They just vanished. All that was left was Inuyasha's headset on the ground.

Kagome walked over to the small device and picked it up. She moved it to her ear and spoke. "Simulation over." Suddenly the battle field turned back into the spherical room. She then walked quickly toward the door and opened it, running directly into Logan.

"Alright class, I'll be taking over for Inuyasha today," he yelled over the young girl.

"What happened to him?" Kagome asked, stepping back to let the older man into the room.

"He's feeling a little under the weather," the man lied. "Oh, and Kagome. Professor X wants to see you. 'Says it's urgent," the man said over his shoulder before continuing into the room.

Kagome turned and ran quickly to the mission room where she found the professor sitting in his wheelchair next to Storm.

"So what really happened to Inuyasha?" Kagome asked, suspicsiously.

Professor X and Storm both frowned. The professor was the first to speak. "The Inuyasha that was teaching the class today wasn't Inuyasha-."

"Then who was it?" Kagome asked, cutting the older man off.

He took a deep breath before continuing. "It was Mimic. He left two copies of himself. One was him and the other turned into Inuyasha."

"Then, where is Inuyasha? And why did they both suddenly dissapear?" Kagome asked quickly.

Storm was the one to speak this time. "They were on a mission today to go and get information," she said calmly as she handed Kagome a small file. "Something must have happened to them. That's our only explanation."

Kagome opened the file and let out a short gasp before looking back a the two adults with obvious disbelief. "There's a cure?"

"It appears so," the professer said evenly. "They were going to get some information on it."

"Why them?"

"They were the two most powerful men we had beside..." Storm looked to the professor and stopped.

"Beside who?" Kagome asked curiously.

"It...doesn't matter," the professor said before turning to one of the computers and typing something into it. "Mimic was able to send us a little information before we lost contact. We know what the cure is and when it's being released."

"Released?"

"They're going to give it to voluteer mutants that want to get rid of their powers in less than a week," the professor explained.

"So, why are you telling me all of this?" Kagome asked, looking from the professor to Storm and back.

"We're recruiting you to the X-Men. If you think you're up for it," the older man said, looking up from the screen.

"O-okey..." Kagome said hesitantly. "What do I need to do?"

"At this point, we're just waiting," Storm said, frowning.

"What do you mean 'waiting'?" Kagome snapped. "Inuyasha and Mimic could be in trouble!"

The professor looked up again from his computor and sighed. "They can take care of themselves."

"What's that supposed to mean!?" Kagome cried, a small tear of frustration forming at the corner of her eye.

"Kagome, I suggest you go back to your room," the older man said evenly.

Kagome growled and balled her hands into small fists. "Fine!" she ran out of the room toward her room, dodging a few students as she ran.

"Think we did the right thing?" the white haired woman asked, turning to the older man.

"We don't know what they're capable of." He turned back to the computer. "They are the U.S. Military after all..."

A/N: Kagome...an X...Woman?