InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mutations ❯ Evil Twin ( Chapter 27 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
A/N: Yay! I've got reviews! Something I find wierd is that I haven't gotten one flame yet...Must mean I'm doing good so far... I don't own Inuyasha, X-Men, or Maya.

"The original success?"

Mimic put Maya carfully down on her bed before walking over to his and sitting down. "Yeah. There was a genetics company doing strange experiments. They were doing a project to make a super mutant. A mutant that is ten times more powerful than they should be." He looked out the window and into the night. "There was one doctor, though, that didn't know when to stop. He finished it and my brother's powers were amped up to the point that he could hardly control them."

"So why is he after me?" Maya asked, looking up at the cieling.

Mimic laughed for a second before looking at the girl. "You were one of his successful experiments. After killing him, my brother took the the doctor's notes and used them to play some games of his own."

"Games?" She looked at him, her expression confused.

"You're a normal mutant," he said, his eyes turning purple.

"Then, what am I?" She looked at him, worried.

Mimic laughed softly as he looked at her through infrared light. "You're something totally different. I did some hacking the other day. He practically told me. You're a clone of an extinct spiecies called demons."

"Y-you mean I'm a demon?"

His eyes turned dark yellow again and he looked into her mind. "Not in the sense that you're thinking. Demons were never all bad. Simply put they were just super powered animals."

"So I'm one of these animals."

"Nope," he said simply.

She turned her head to the side to look at him. "But, you said-."

"I know what I said. True you're from the demon bloodline, but your something else. You have mutant powers and your part human," he raised an eyebrow. "I was going to say you were like Inuyasha, but now I'm not so sure. What was it they did in that lab?"

"You mean Inuyasha's a-."

"No, Inuyasha's half demon, and half human. He's what they used to call a hanyou. You're something different."

"But just said-." she said quickly.

"Nope. I said you're a third mutant as well."

"So what?"

Mimic growled to himself in annoyance. "Inuyasha was a simple clone. You were mutated after being cloned."

"Oh." She looked back up at the cieling. "So what's the point?"

Mimic chuckled and shook his head. "You're taking this well. Inuyasha would be sitting somewhere with a knife by now."

"Huh?" she looked at him with confusion again.

Mimic shook his head. "Nevermind." He stood up and walked to the wall. "The point is that my brother's trying to revive something that went extinct for a reason and he's giving it superpowers. You were just a stepping stone in his plans. So was Inuyasha. We need to stop him before he does something that we'll all regret."

"Regret?"

"You don't need to worry about it." He pressed a button on the wall and it opened reveal a large safe.

Maya used the wall to pull herself into a sitting position and watched as he pulled out various weapons. "What're you doing?"

"I told you not to move," he said, levitating a dozen throwing knives and moving them to the various holsters and harnesses he was wearing. "You souldn't be healed until tomorrow. Then you can move all you want." He raised his hand and a Glock 21 floated to it. He checked to make sure the mag clip was full before holstering it.

"I thought it was a few weeks."

Mimic pulled out a vest from the safe and turned around. "I lied."

"Why?"

"The professor doesn't need to know what you are." He looked at the door. "Shit!"

The door opened to reveal prof. X and Storm. "You are wrong Mimic. It would have been better for you to have told us."

Mimic continued to secure the clasps on his vest as he looked up. "I didn't think it was necessary."

"Your classmate is in danger," the professor said, wheeling into the dark room.

"She won't be after tonight," Mimic closed his eyes and began to growl as he nails turned to claws and his muscles began to grow. "I'm not going to let my brother hurt anybody else!" Before he could be stopped, Mimic dove through the open window and disappeared.

Storm leaned back against the wall an sighed. "Well, there's nothing we can do now, is there?"

Xavier turned and began to leave the room. "Appearently not."

A/N: Evil twin!