InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Best Mistake ❯ You Sleep ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N: Okay to answer a question from one of the reviewers. The reasons why this one-shot is going to have chapters is because my version of a one-shot is like a short story (between 1-4 chapters). My other stories are usually around 30+ chapters.

…………….

The next morning Kagome's alarm clock rang out at 6:30a.m. Inuyasha, who was sound asleep, jumped up and pulled out Tetsusaiga. This is the sight Kagome saw as she opened her eyes and turned off her clock. She couldn't help but giggle at the way he was looking around wildly for an enemy to slice and dice. He seemed to calm down when he heard her and remembered where he was. He put Tetsusaiga away and tried to hide the pink tint forming on his cheeks for being scared by a little alarm clock.

"Morning Inuyasha." She said with a smile still on her face.

"Feh" Was his only reply.

"Well I have to go to school today, so if you wanna stay I'm sure mama won't mind. But I can't come back to the feudal era with you until tomorrow." She said stretching.

"I don't really wanna go back either." He wasn't looking at her so he didn't see the look of shock and confusion that came over her face.

"Inuyasha what happened last night?" She knew he probably still didn't want to talk about it but it was worth a shot.

"Just something not really worth mentioning, okay?"

"Okay" For his sake she would let it go…for now.

"Okay well, lets go down stairs and get something to eat."

Breakfast was interesting with Inuyasha at the table. Souta wouldn't stop asking question, grandpa wouldn't stop glaring, and Kagome's mother was beaming at Inuyasha constantly. Needless to say he was little uncomfortable. He stayed downstairs while Kagome went back up to her room to get dressed for school.

He had no idea what he was going to do when she left because he knew next to nothing about her world. After Kagome said good-bye and left he just stayed seated on the couch in the living room. But he nearly jumped out of his skin when Kagome's mother turned the television on. It was turned onto a loud action movie and the volume was up loud. She turned it down and was about to put in a movie when grandpa walked in. He had two brooms in his hands.

"Now then boy, since you're going to be here today you might as well help out." He said shoving the broom at Inuyasha.

"Grandpa, leave him alone. He fights demons and protects Kagome almost every day, he needs a break." Mrs. Higurashi said to the crestfallen old man.

Hours passed by and Inuyasha sat on the strangely large, soft chair with Mrs. Higurashi watching movies. But he wasn't really paying attention; his thoughts were elsewhere and drifted back to what had happened the night before.

Flashback

"Kikyou, I can't."

"What? What do you mean you can't?"

"This, I can't do this something doesn't feel right."

"What couldn't be right about this, you promised me!"

"Kikyou try to understand. I am half dog-demon, I have instincts and right now they're saying this is not right."

"This is just some pathetic excuse to break your promise. Well I won't release you from it, you say you can't but I can."

The sounds of a small struggle are created. A young man took off in a streak of red and silver, leaving an angry woman behind.

"Inuyasha!"

End Flashback

Inuyasha could barely fight down the sick feeling in his stomach at the memory. All he wanted to do was forget it ever happened but he knew that was not going to happen. Kikyou would be there when he got back, waiting for him, for and explanation. But he didn't have one to give her that would make her feel better. He had told her as simply as he could put it at the moment and she was still in raged. He would just have to give her few days to cool off.

He would have to think up some excuse to stay here in Kagome's time without her getting suspicious.

……………

Kagome sat in her desk at school taping her pencil on her notebook while the teacher lectured the class. She couldn't stop thinking what could have happened to one the most fearless people she'd ever met.

`I really am pathetic. Why can't I stop thinking about him? But I really want to know what happened to him. He won't tell me so I'll find out on my own.'

The bell rang signaling the end of school and Kagome rushed out of the door before everyone else. She pushed passed Houjo and her friends waiting for her in the hallway. She didn't have time for this, she had to get home and see if he was still there.

……………

"Hello honey." Her mother greeted as she walked inside.

"Mom, is Inuyasha still here?"

"Yes, but I don't where he is exactly."

Kagome went up to her room to put her books down and start her search for the missing hanyou. Her search was short lived however when she opened her bedroom door to find him asleep on her bed. She was about yell and wake him up, when she realized she could use this to her advantage.

`You sleep Inuyasha, but I'm going through the well.'

She knew didn't know what waited for her on the other side of the well. If it scared Inuyasha then it had to be something bad right? But he said no one was hurt and that made her suspicion grow. He had looked out for her so many times and she anted to return the favor. Kagome walked out of her room and shut the door quietly; she was going to find out what happened even if it killed her.

……………..

A/N: Well there ya have it!!!! REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!