InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Destiny ❯ Absolute Desperation ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

My Destiny

Disclaimer: …C'mon, people…

A/N: Okay, I know that in the first version of this chappy Inu-chan was, well…not very Inu-chan-like. Hopefully I fixed that. Warnings for this chappy include Language, violence and

Chapter 4:

Inu Yasha was coming.

"Don't attack him unless he attacks first, please. I know he needs to keep his distance, but I need to talk to him." Kagome said to the Youkai.

"Sister," one nearby said worriedly, "You should not be alone with him."

"I'm going to stay right here. But I need to explain all of this. He is my friend, I feel I owe him that. Please?"

The Youkai looked a little uncertain, but agreed. "No closer!" One called out to Inu Yasha when he was about fifteen feet from Kagome. Several reddied themselves to attack Inu Yasha or to take Kagome to safety. Inu Yasha looked ready to argue with them but a look from Kagome made him stay put.

"Kagome, I smelled you last night at the well. By the time I got there, Kouga had already taken you. I followed as fast as I could. Are you alright?" He asked breathlessly.

"I'm fine. Actually I need to talk to you," she began.

"What's to talk about? I came to take you home, Wench, and that's what I'm gonna do," Inu Yasha stated. Several wolves and Youkai growled a warning.

"Inu Yasha…I…I-I'm not going back. Not for a while, anyway. I...I'm Kouga's mate now. And I'm pregnant." Several heads nodded and a few tails wagged as well. Inu Yasha's face contorted with

surprise, hurt, and then fury.

"Kagome…WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE NOT GOING BACK? And what do you mean you're that Yase Okami's bitch?"

"I want to be with Kouga. I love him, Inu Yasha. And…he loves me, too."

"I don't give a shit! Where is he?!?"

"Hunting. There is going to be a celebration tonight."

"What the fuck for?"

"Because I'm the new Alpha female and I'm pregnant," Kagome answered.

"You're NOT their Alpha, you're MY bitch and you're coming home with me!"

"NO, I'm not. And I'm not your `bitch' either. I'm in love with Kouga and I'm staying right here!"

Suddenly Inu Yasha leapt forward, faster than the readiest wolf could react, grabbed Kagome and ran in the direction of his forest. The wolves took chase, a few leaving to find Kouga. In desperation, the Hanyou drew tetsusaiga and turning, released the Kaze no kizu. Kagome screamed when she saw the pack decimated by the Wind Scar.

"How could you…you're a murderer, Inu Yasha. You killed them all!" Kagome wailed. "Shut up, Bitch. It's time you learned your place." He threw her over his shoulder and continued to run. Kagome had never been so afraid in her life. She had just seen so many dear friends torn apart and killed by a man she used to think she loved. But she had never seen him act like this. She had to get away from him… "OSUWARI!!!!!"

Inu Yasha sunk nearly four feet into the ground from the force of her spell. She scrambled up and ran back toward the wolves' den, calling "osuwari" as she went. Suddenly, a sharp pain struck the back of her neck and forgiving blackness took her.

~Now that's a change. Wonder what happened? What hit Kagome? Will Kouga show up in time? Will I stop asking these questions? Only the next chapter will tell..

Ja Ne