InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Heart ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Sesshomaru held Kagome against his body. Kagome began to cry, the tears streaming down her face as her fear began to take its hold. Sesshomaru stopped a cupped her chin pulling her face to his. "Kagome, You are safe with me. You have nothing to fear." Kagome looked into his eyes, her tear beginning to fade into tiny streaks on her face. Sesshomaru pulled off of her sitting next to her silently. Kagome shifted and pulled herself up in a confused state. Sesshomaru looked in her eyes, and Kagome understood; Sesshomaru was lonely, and hurting. Though he never said it or ever would, she knew. She drew close to him, laying her head in his chest. His face contorted into a small smile as his mask faded while he stared at the girl trustingly in his arms.

"Sesshomaru!"

Inuyasha and the others came into the clearing by the lake to find both naked and Sesshomaru holding onto Kagome. Her face was leaning into his chest. Sesshomaru grimaced and slightly growled in his throat as the party came to steal her away. Inuyasha took a step forward only to see Sesshomaru tense up warming him that he was not to come any closer. Inuyasha's face dropped as he realized that Sesshomaru was still holding Kagome, who was awake and aware of all going on. Sesshomaru was frustrated that he was being watched while he was holding the human woman in his arms. Quickly a thought registered and he gently licked Kagome's neck, further infuriating Inuyasha. Sesshomaru gave a quick, mocking look at Inuyasha then his attention turned back to Kagome.

A small, but distinct whisper was heard. Sesshomaru gave a laugh for only he knew what she said, not what they were used to, not the heartless Sesshomaru. Sesshomaru tentatively licked her neck again. Sesshomaru whispered into Kagome's ear, only loud enough so that she would know what he was saying, "I will come back for you tonight, wait for me. I don't want to hurt you. When I come you can tell me if you will come back to my castle with me. Wait for me, my love." Sesshomaru got up and grabbed his kimono then darted toward the skies leaving Kagome and the party in silent horror.

Kagome's eyes got wide as the scene took its full effect. She look up down at herself and realized that she was almost completely Naked! Kagome ran to get her clothes and no sooner had she gotten them did she run into a nearby bush, muttering curses. Inuyasha ran to her. She had cuts and marks all over her and- and she was trying to put her clothes on behind the bush. Inuyasha looked in shock as he realized that Kagome had a look of death on her face. "HENTAI! OSUWARI! OSUWARI! Sesshomaru willingly stayed with her even after they arrived. It made him sick to think Kagome didn't panic or chow any signs that she wanted to leave or get away until after he was gone. He came to one conclusion that he would have to tell Kagome, tonight.
Kagome sat at the bottom of the tree as she thought. How could this be? Sesshomaru, the cold and ruthless ruler of the western lands, was Lonely. ~My love~ did he really say that. I do feel better since I was with him. "Huh, Inuyasha?" Slowly and hesitantly Inuyasha approached Kagome. He took small steps until he stood three feet in front of her.

The sky was dark, but the light of the moon reflected onto Kagome's already shimmering hair; the wind gently playing with her hair as Inuyasha stood in front of her. Now was the time, he would tell her his true feelings. He wouldn't back down. He had to be sure; he felt he would never get another chance again. The heat was rising to his face as he stood there, almost in a trance. Meanwhile, Kagome didn't move, or speak the slightest whisper; she only gazed at him steadily. "Kagome, I need to talk to you. There's something I've been wanting- wanting to tell you." Inuyasha paused taking in a breath, preparing to say what he meant to all along, when Kagome spoke.

"Inuyasha, I understand. I'm not sad anymore, I know how you feel about- about Kikyou." Is she nuts!? What was she talking about? "K-Kikyou." Inuyasha repeated blushing a little confusedly. "Yes, I know you love her Inuyasha. I'm not her, and I never will be Inuyasha. I stayed because I hoped that you would realize that and think of me as Kagome, not Kikyou's shadow. I see I was wrong, now. I'm sorry, Inuyasha, I'm sorry." A wind rustled, Knocking Inuyasha to the ground in a second. There he was, Sesshomaru, Inuyasha's half brother.

Inuyasha stared wide-eyed as Sesshomaru stood in front of Kagome, looking at her intently. "Kagome." Sesshomaru started softly, not paying attention to the stricken Inuyasha. "Kagome." Inuyasha stood to his feet and slowly went to his brother's form just as Sesshomaru held his hand out to Kagome. Inuyasha standing a few short feet away gazed at the movement turning to Kagome. She stood up, facing Sesshomaru, a blank look on her face. She held up her hand to her face for a moment as if studying it. Silently she placed her hand in his. With a graceful leap he headed toward the sky, with Kagome in his arms. "Kagome!" Kagome.

I love you.