InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Heart ❯ Chapter Six ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Inuyasha rolled and tossed and turned about like a puppy with a nightmare. He couldn't sleep, not tonight. His head was a buzz of confusion. How could she leave? How? It was all so strange. Inuyasha stood in the forest alone. Tonight the new moon was over-head. His black hair was tossed about by the wind like a dark shadow world of its own. No one could understand what he was feeling, no one. He looked to the surreal forest about him, over to his left was the God Tree. So many mysteries and tales of old clung to that tree no matter how much it swayed at the fury of the wind.

I will rescue her from him, I will. I will save you Kagome, Tomorrow, tomorrow.

Kagome closed her eyes as Sesshomaru held onto her, his tongue claiming her. Millions of different emotions swirled within her. How could anything feel so right? She felt herself losing it. Soft caresses at night. The moon was hanging above them, showering them with light. Sesshomaru flew into the air still holding her in his embrace. With a startling leap he flew toward the castle. They reached a balcony where he slowly touched the railing with his graceful feet. He crossed the room effortlessly carrying the human miko in his arms. He pulled loose from his kiss. She looked into his eyes, the light of the moon gracing them softly. He laid her on the bed, while standing over her. He sat at the opposite end of the bed, looking at her.

She got up and slowly crawled toward him. As she looked into his eyes, sitting on her heels no more than a foot away from him. Sesshomaru looked at her silently, not showing any sign of emotion. She opened her mouth to speak and he turned his head away. She lifted her hand to his chin and turned his head toward her. She closed the gap between them, sealing his mouth in a soft kiss that could touch the very heavens. He looked at her, her eyes closed with her full lashes grazing her skin, he knew it wasn't revenge; it wasn't right to hurt her like this. He would do all he could for her, now, and forever. She would be the perfect mother for Rin, they were both human, and their heirs would be great with the mixture of skilled Miko blood and strong Demon blood. She was his match, he knew it now, and regretted all the times he tried to kill her, all the times he made her cry, he wanted to wash it all away.

Gently he folded his arm around her tiny waist. She put her head on his shoulder as he stroked her lower back, putting her arms around his neck, nuzzling against the nape of his neck. She did not move from his neck even as she fell asleep in his embrace. She slowly drifted off to sleep. Sesshomaru stared at the figure in his arms. She was so light, so gentle to touch, so unique. He didn't care if she wasn't a demon; she was here with him, sleeping trustingly against him. 'I have never felt this way about anyone.' She snuggled closer to him. He gazed off into the night letting sleep claim him.

He gently shifted her to his side and slowly lay down. Looking at her was enough for him tonight. Tomorrow he would show her his home, then in the night Rin would truly have a mother at last. Rin would love her as he does. Tomorrow now seemed long to come. He would wait no longer.

Tomorrow.

Inuyasha had them all up early with loud noise from his ever-angry mouth. The group of Sango, Kirara, Shippou, and Miroku were to stay behind and keep watch for any shards. Inuyasha would go to Sesshomaru's castle and take Kagome back to the village to see Kaede-baba about having whatever curse was upon her removed. The group agreed and Inuyasha set off.

Inuyasha ran as fast as his legs would carry him. He would be there by nightfall; he just hoped it wouldn't be too late. With the wind at his back he ran toward the awaiting castle of his childhood to save the only one he cared about in being an adult.

'Kagome.'