InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Immortal ❯ Old Pain Dies; New Smiles ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Old Pain Dies; New Smiles
By Hishiko-dono
Yaoi/Angst/Romance
(Quick A/N heard this song on Pandora and had to write it into my story.. Love GACKT!)



Old Pain Dies; New Smiles


It has now been 3 years since the Reno's death. Sessh has finaly recovered from his depression. The band has gotten bigger than ever and its all thanks to the songs that Sessh wrote during the depression. Getting ready to walk out on the stage and perform the same songs he is struck with inspiration. He quickly wrote it down with the accompanying music and xeroxed it and passed it around.

"I want this song to be the last one we do tonight. Just you guys no synthasizers no background crap. I want the grand brought to the front of the stage."

Everyone looked at each other and then back at him. Everyone thinking the same thing but scared to ask. So Inuyasha did.

"Are you relapsing into your depression Sessh?"

He smiled. For the first time in a long time, he smiled.

"No Yash, I want to use this to put all that behind me and move on."

The concert was a complete success. The fans were hyped up and ready for the final song. It was always the best one. But tonight, something was different. When the lights came back on, there was an acrylic grand piano seated center front stage with Sessh sitting on the bench wearing a earpiece microphone.

"I want to take this oppertunity while the guys are changing costumes to thank you all for coming out tonight and giving your love and support to the band. Normally we use the last track to pump you guys up but tonight we are going to play a new song... A slow song.. To say good bye to old pain and the previous years.. So would you please show your love to the band and lets close the show!"

Sessh very seldomly spoke to the audience so naturally they where hyped and screaming byt the time the band made it back out.
He started playing the keys and the band started up be hind him. The slow melody soothed the crowd.

(Walked around aimlessly, wandering
My faint breath, just showing white in the air
The meaninglessness of the seasons going by
Brought on the tears, for no reason
"I still love you...")

Tears began to sting in his eyes as he thought back to all those times he shared with Reno. Then a smile graced his lips as he remembered his birthday when Reno had given him this very piano.

(The sadness that continues to fall
Changes to pure white snow
I kept looking to the sky
If now my wish reaches you,
Before my body vanishes
Hold me tightly once more.)

He hadnt had time to put a bow or anything just blind folded him and led him into the recording studio and then pulled off the blind fold. When he saw it it made him gasp and smile. "Love you know I could never take that out on stage. Everyone would see you and I cant have that."
On the lid of the acrylic piano was an inlaid portrait of them laying on the bed after a wild night of love making, nude and blushed. It was in black and white. Thinking back on it now he wondered who had taken that photo..

(We hurt each other so many times
Unable to understand one another
Even then you were always kind,
Engraved in the ring you sprung upon me,
Our promise remains unfulfilled
"Even now, I remember... ")

The Jumbo Tron camera zoomed in on the photo and the audience "awwed" and went mad.. They loved it! They had all known about Reno, he had filled in for the guitarist a time or two and the two of them had shared a steamy kiss for the fans.

(My memories getting farther away from me,
Always so bright, I wanted to stay with you longer.
We can never see each other again but,
You always were there for me,
I pray you never change... )

The tears are freely falling now. He can almost see Reno waving goodbye as he leaves the end of the stage and is gone... He knew in that moment that his new life has begun and he would no longer be haunted by his memories.

(I can't rid myself of the final tears you showed me
Even if I disappear with this white snow
I want to bloom in your heart forever)

He looked up at the jumbo tron and saw his bandmates. Inuyasha was looking at him with tears in his worried eyes. He just smiled and shook his head. The song was almost finished and the concert would be over. After this there would only be one more tour and then it would be all over.

(Never forget the warmth,
Of when we were nestled close, holding one another
Even when you're loving someone else
I'll never let go of your voice as I heard it the last time.
I want to fall into a deep sleep.)

The band eneded and walked up behind him, and placed a hand on his back as if to give him their strength as he eneded the last song..

(The sadness that continues to fall
Changes to pure white snow
I kept looking to the sky
If now my wish reaches you,
Before my body vanishes
Hold me tight once more.)

('Hold me tight once more...')

He stood and each one took a bow . Fire works and pyrotechnics went off and the crowd roard. The lights dimmed and they left the stage.