InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Inuyasha Story ❯ Before The Ball ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 5: Before The Ball
I was pulling up in the carriage into the driveway of her shrine. I went and knocked on the door and her mother let me in. I went in and stood in the entryway waiting for her to come down the stairs.
“I'll go get her your highness,” her mother said.
“Thank you.”
She nodded and went upstairs. I could tell she had some doubts about what I really wanted out of her daughter. I know that I messed up in the past, but I am going to make it up to her and her family. . .I just got to convince them that I love her. . .even though I left her for Kikyo.
Just then Kagome came down the stairs. She looked beautiful. . .I couldn't take my eyes off her. She was wearing a long ball gown that was red with sparkles all over it with long white gloves. She did not look like a commoner any longer. . .if she ever did at all. . .she is way to beautiful for her to look like a commoner.
“You ready to go, milady?” I asked her.
She blushed and nodded her head yes. With that we left the small shrine.
~ * ~
While we went to Inuyasha's castle, everyone was staring at me in the carriage. I knew what they were thinking, stuff like “why's she with the prince, she's just a poor shrine girl”. No one remembers the fact that my father was a great knight before he died. But o well, now that he's dead, all we are is a poor shrine family.
When we got to the castle I was surprised that the servants remembered me. They were all like “welcome back Kagome”. Or maybe the king, the queen, and Inuyasha told them I would be here.
We walked into the ball room and walked up to Inuyasha's parents.
“Kagome, welcome back! We are so glad to have you back at the castle. Aren't we dear?” She said as she turned to her husband.
“Yes we are very glad to see you again.” He said, though he didn't sound very glad. “ O yeah, Inuyasha, there is a visitor here to see you that I know you will be glad to see.”
~ * ~
“Yes we are very glad to see you again.” He said, though he didn't sound very glad. “ O yeah, Inuyasha, there is a visitor here to see you that I know you will be glad to see.”
I turned around and there stood Kikyo. Then I heard Kagome gasp. “Kikyo. . .”
“Hello Inuyasha. How have you been?” she said completely ignoring Kagome even though she stood two feet away from me.
“What are you doing here?” I asked.
“I have come to visit my old friend. I have come to complete my promise to you.”
“And what promise was that?” Kagome asked.
“To marry him of course you silly. . .whatever your name is commoner,” Kikyo said, “What are you doing here commoner anyways? You certainly weren't invited to the royal ball tonight?”
“Yes I was Kikyo. And the names KAGOME, KA-GOM-E, not commoner, get it straight. And I was invited to the royal ball, I am Inuyasha's date.”
I was shocked, I had never seen Kagome act like this, certainly not in front of me. But I knew I could not stop the upcoming fight, they do not like each other, never have.
~ * ~
“And what promise was that?” I asked.
“To marry him of course you silly. . .whatever your name is commoner,” Kikyo said, “What are you doing here commoner anyways? You certainly weren't invited to the royal ball tonight?”
“Yes I was Kikyo. I am Inuyasha's date. And the names KAGOME, KA-GO-ME, not commoner, get it straight.” I said.
I could tell Inuyasha was shocked but I could also tell he wasn't gonna stop me. So here goes nothing. . .