InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Little Ninja ❯ Eavesdropping Opportunist ( Chapter 6 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

My Little Ninja

Chapter Six: Eavesdropping Opportunist

By: OhJoy

InuYasha was lost in his thoughts, "She has no idea that I was the nameless guy that she gave her innocence to! I guess, this would explain why I find her so intriguing."

A cell phone rang, it was Kagome's. "Hello." She frowned at the phone. "Already? What time is it?"

InuYasha eavesdropped on the call with his keen hearing. The voice on the phone replied, "So, sis, are you totally bored to tears? Anyone you'd be interested in seeing again?"

Kagome responded, "Mmmm, maybe." She quickly looked over at InuYasha, boldly met his gaze and smiled - unbeknownst to her that he heard both sides of the conversation - he smiled back. She continued in a hushed tone, "not really sure if it's mutual. Although I'm not into the NSync look," she giggled.

Souta laughed too, "Oh, why don't you like the clean cut guys? We're not so bad. Very honorable. Not like the wild hanyou you still fantasize about..."

InuYasha was even more intrigued by her. "Oh really? I guess I wasn't just a careless fling to her. Good to know. What does she mean, I look like a guy from some boy band for?"

Kagome laughed, "Shut up!"

Souta continued, "So are you gonna come home so I can kick your butt in Zelda? C'mon, sis, I'll make popcorn and everything."

Kagome laughed again, "Definitely. Count me in. See you in a bit." She reached into her back pocket and threw a fifty dollar bill on the table. "Ok, guys, it's been real. I'm outta here." She hugged Kim, David and Matt good-bye and waved her hand to the others.

InuYasha stood, "I'll walk you to your car."

Liz frowned, "Oh, I'm never gonna get him now."

Kagome pleasantly surprised, "Thanks, that'll be nice." InuYasha holds her elbow and inhales her scent. "And here I thought I would never see My Little Ninja without her mask. Funny, I never thought I had to travel half-way across the world and wait six years."

The temperature dropped a little, the air was crisper. "I'm in the parking structure over there." She was nervous. His hand was so warm even through her jacket.

"Kagome..."

"Mmmm?" she was dying... "Be casual, be cool. You're not some school girl!"

"I enjoyed spending time with you."

"Thanks. I always find these `group blind dates' thing awkward, but I had a good time."

"Would you like to meet for breakfast tomorrow?"

She screamed inwardly. "YES! YES! YES! Holy shit! He just asked me out for TOMORROW!"

They approached her car, a silver Honda Element. InuYasha eyed it, "Now this car screams out that you like to have fun."

She chuckled, "Yeah, you could say that."

"So are we on for breakfast in the morning?"

She reached in her car, pulled out a sticky and scribbled her address and phone number. "Sure. Come by at 8."

He smiled and leaned down to leave a soft chaste kiss on her silky lips. Before she even knew what hit her, it was over. "Can't wait. See you then."

She nodded dumbly, got into her car and started the engine as she watched his departure in wonder. "He kissed me so tenderly. Gods!" She ran a finger over her lips and sighed dreamily.