InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Rapist's Brother ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N: Redone June 7, 2010. Edited for the change of spelling of Yuri/Yura's name and details added for clarity.
Prologue
"Hurry up Sango, gosh! I have to be home before four or my mom will start blowing up my phone" hollered Yura. We could see Sango with her team and coach, finishing up their afternoon practice. Of course Sango had to be late, she always was. Yura was impatient as always.
"Hold on, I gotta grab my bag" Sango yelled back. She bent over, making sure her shorts didn't ride too far up and she shoved her volleyball into her bag and waved goodbye to her coach. Some of the girls from her team waved to her as she trotted over to us.
"Finally, I thought practice would never be over" Yura complained, I just walked silently beside them. Sango gave her a little frown but Yura's attention was on someone up ahead.
"Hey Yura! What's up, good looking?" A boy asked. He was tall, blonde hair, blue eyes, and a senior. Yuri knew all the popular people around school cuz of the way she dresses.
"Nothing cutie, what's up with you?" Yura replied, she battered her eye lashes and gave him her full attention.
"Just spreading the word about this party at my house for Halloween, you wouldn't be interested would you?" The boy asked.
"Hell yeah, me and my girls are real interested. Who's gonna be there?" Yura asked, taking a flier from him. We all glanced at the bright colored paper in her hand.
"All the juniors and seniors, a little old for you but I'm sure you'll be able to get in" The boy answered, then some of his buddies came over and they separated. We followed Yura out to her car; she was the oldest of all of us; a sophomore but 16 years old. She started the engine, reversed out of the parking spot, and sped off. Sango lived the farthest away so she was dropped off first.
"Sounds cool, doesn't it? I want to go" Yura exclaimed.
"I probably won't go, you know my mom wouldn't let me go to a party" I said calmly. I had no interest in going, honestly, what am I suppose to do with older boys?
"Come on Kags, we're all going together. Don't you want to see how the upper classmen live?" questioned Yura.
"I don't think so, I mean honestly, I have so much homework and studying to do that I wouldn't have time" I added. Between honors world history and honors 10th English, I had no time.
"Stop being a baby Kags, we have to live a little" Sango chirped. I looked over at her bewildered. Sango must have some of Yura rubbing off on her because she would never talk to me that way, especially after being friends for so long.
"Whatever, if Kags wants to be a baby, do her homework and stay home all weekend, we can still go" Yura insisted, turning away from me a little.
"Well I don't know either, I mean it sounds cool and all but how do I sneak out?" Sango asked shakily. She had never been a rebel girl either, between volleyball games, practices, and school she was extremely busy as well.
"I will pretend we're having a sleepover at my house and then we can sneak out. Don't worry, my parents sleep hard and won't wake up until we're already back" Yura said confidently.
"Fine, if my mom says yes then I'll go" Sango agreed, and I just sat quietly in the backseat wondering if I should agree or not.
"Kags? You in or not?" Yura asked, her pleasant tone was gone and I was unsure.
"I'm not sure, I gotta think about it" I answered truthfully and I knew that would only buy me a little bit of time. They pulled up in front of Sango's house.
"Bye you guys talk to you tomorrow" Sango said, waving her hand back and she ran up into the driveway. I remained silently in the back seat and waited until she dropped me off in front of my house.
"Good bye Kags be sure to think about the party" Yura said to me as I got out. It was the only thing I thought about that night, it distracted me from my homework, from my chores, and all night because I wasn't sure if I wanted to go.
Momma would kill me if she found out, plus I have no business at an older party. I'm not one of them, I won't know anybody except for Yura and Sango there, and what if something bad happens to me? I wouldn't want to get hurt or worse over a stupid party. But then again, I'll have both of my girls there with me, so I won't be alone and I can mingle to meet new people. I guess going to the party is alright…
"Mama, I was wondering if I could spend the night at Yura's this weekend." I asked.
"Are her parents ok with you staying? Who else is gonna be there?" Mom asked.
"Her parents are fine with it, just me, Sango and Yura" I answered honestly.
"Alright then, make sure your homework is done first" Mama said quietly, she was still dressed in her waitress uniform and black shoes.
"Thanks mama, I will" I gave her a kiss on the cheek and went back up to my room to go to bed.