InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Savior ❯ Chapter Eight ( Chapter 8 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

The group is walking through the forest again. After burying what they could find of Shippo's body and saying a prayer, they were now determined more than ever to find Kagome. They had no leads but a trail of destruction.

'Kagome… what's happened to you? I don't understand. This can't be happening! It must be a nightmare! But it isn't… I'll find that counter potion! I promise! But right now I have to find you before Kikyo does…'

Just then, Inuyasha caught a whiff of dead earth and bones. "Kikyo!" was all the others heard before he sped off into the forest.

As the hanyou neared the origination of the scent, another became known. It was Kagome… tainted with the pungent stench of blood.

Kikyo hung limp from a tree branch. Tied around her neck was what appeared to be some sort of intestine and Inuyasha had to look away from the sight lest he vomit. It was then he noticed a figure standing just inside the trees. It was… it was Kagome!

He could see her eyes swirling with colors, the potion battling with her will.

Red.

Blue.

Gray.

Blue.

Gray.

Red.

Blue.

Gray.

Until they finally settled into a deep navy blue, almost black but not quite. The girl's features softened and she hesitantly held out a hand to Inuyasha.

Tears nearly came to the hanyou's eyes as he looked over at the girl he loved. She was covered from head to toe in both dried and fresh blood. Her skirt was ripped in several places and her shirt was practically nonexistent. The quivering hand she held out to him was bloody as well, and he was hesitant to take it.

"Inuyasha," came her pleading voice.

Inuyasha's gut twisted at the sound. It was so sad, so broken… so regretful.

The boy suddenly rushed forward and enveloped Kagome in his sturdy arms, holding her lithe, bloody form to his chest like a lifeline. Tears were streaking down her face now as well as his own.

"Please… please, Inuyasha, forgive me," she pleaded in a whisper.

"It's alright. You couldn't help it. It's not your fault, I know," Inuyasha comforted her while he rubbed smooth circles on her back.

Kagome's eyes flashed red again…

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

REIVEW!