InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Someone ❯ The Party ( Chapter 6 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

A/N-Shout out to kagomesbutterflyfeeling for helping me with some ideas for this chapter. On with the Fic

Disclaimer-I don’t own any Inuyasha characters or the song Tempted to Touch by Rupee

Chapter 6: They Party

“Okay, I think we’re done,” Sango said holding a mirror in front of me. We were dressed and ready to go. It took us three hours because Sango and Ayame were arguing about who was going to do my hair and make up. I do not like wearing make up so I objected to their idea. Ayame did my hair while I applied some lip gloss on. Ayame had curled my hair.

“Wow,” I looked different but I liked it. I glanced at the clock. “We should get going.”

“Right,” we went downstairs and outside to Sango’s car.

“Everyone ready,” asked Sango.

“Yep!”

“Let’s go,” I was a bit nervous about spending time with Inuyasha. Oh course I want to, but I was scared that I was going to make a idiot out of myself.

“Kagome chill, you’re acting weird,” Ayame said.

“I’m not acting weird.”

“It’s okay Kagome. I think he likes you.” Sango said.

“Let’s just hope everything runs smoothly,” we pulled up to the boardwalk and headed down to the beach. There was a lot of people already down. But there was no sign of Inuyasha yet, I sighed.

“Don’t worry, he’ll come.” Sango said putting her arm around me. I nodded and looked around.

“Let’s have some fun.”

“Yeah!” End of Kagome’s POV

“Come on Miroku. We’re going to be late.”

“I’m coming, just hold on.” Miroku walked into his living room wearing a purple shirt with white shorts.

“What took you so long? We should have left by now,” Inuyasha was wearing a red muscle t-shirt with black jeans.

“Okay, I get it. Let’s go than,” Inuyasha drove his red Convertible to the beach.

“Are he going to introduce me to her friend?”

“Sure,” Miroku turned to Inuyasha.

“Are you even listening?”

“No,” they sat in silence for awhile.

“Looks like we’re here,” Inuyasha parked his car and they both got out.

“Okay this is it.”

“First we have to find them.” Inuyasha nodded and they began walking down the boardwalk to the beach. “What are you going to do when you see her?”

“If you keep her friend busy, then I will take her some place quite and talk to her. I want to get to know her.”

“That I can do,” Miroku said with a smile. Inuyasha smiled shaking his head. He spotted Kagome talking to two girls. He took a deep breath and walked in her direction. Kagome’s POV

“So Koga came to your house and asked your dad if you two can date?” I asked sipping my coke.

“Yes, you know how my dad feels about me dating.” Ayame’s dad is picky as to who goes out with his daughter. He believes that if you want to date Ayame, you have to ask him first. I felt sorry for Ayame, but glad that she was going out with Koga. They make a cut couple.

“Your dad is something else,” Sango said laughing.

“It’s only out of love.” I smiled and looked around.

“You looking for Inuyasha?” I turned back to them.

“No, just looking around.”

“You’re a terrible liar,” Ayame said sighing.

“Well look who showed up,” Sango said looking behind me. I was scared to turn around, but I did anyway. Inuyasha was standing there smiling at me. I was about to walk up to him, but Kikyo beat me to it. I hate her so much. She was standing next to him wearing a denim mini skirt with a blue halter top.

“Go up to him,” Ayame said nudging me a little. “He doesn’t look happy.”

“Yeah, go over there Kagome and claim your man.” I blushed and looked at Sango.

“Don’t say that. I don’t even know him.”

“Not yet,” she said winking at me. I shook my head and to a deep breath, letting it out slowly.

“Here goes nothing,” slowly I began walking towards Inuyasha. As I got closer, I realized that Ayame was right. Inuyasha looked like he wanted to run. He looked at me and smiled. Kikyo turned around and looked at me smiling.

“Hello Kagome.”

“Hi,” I turned to Inuyasha. “I’m glad you came.”

“Me too,” he draped his arm over my shoulders. “It was nice meeting you, but you made me keep my date waiting.” I blushed and looked down smiling.

‘Might as well rub it in her face.’ I thought. I looked up and smirked. “Bye Kikyo,” Inuyasha and I walked over to Sango and Ayame. Koga was there and a guy I saw Inuyasha with two days ago was talking to Sango.

“I’m back guys. I like you to meet my friends. Inuyasha this is Sango, Ayame, and Koga.”

“Hi,” they said in unison.

“Hi, this is my friend Miroku,” he had a red mark on his cheek.

“Yeah, we got that.” Sango said glaring at him. After introductions, we grabbed a drink and found a spot on the beach and sat down. Everyone was talking and having a good time. I wish I could say the same about me.

“Why are you not talking to him,” whispered Sango. Before I could answer, Inuyasha got up and held out his hand to me.

“Let’s dance.” Okay, I don’t like dancing because I can’t dance. I have two left feet which I am well known for. People call me lefty all the time. I hate it with a passion.

“I…”

“Please,” he gave me that smile again. I sighed and took his hand. We walked hand and hand to where the cluster of dancers were.

“Inuyasha, I can’t dance.”

“So,” I looked at him in amazement.

“I’ll make a fool out of both of us,” he laughed.

“I’ll teach you.”

“Okay,” the song that was being played was “Tempted to Touch by Rupee.” He took my hands and turned me around. My back was against his chest and he placed his hands on my hips.

“GO Kagome!” I look and saw Sango clapping her hands. “Show him what you got!” I laughed and saw Kikyo glaring at me. I smiled and thought that I should give them a show. I raised my hands over my head and began to grind against Inuyasha.

“Yeah!” I laughed and turned to Inuyasha, he was smiling.

“I thought you said you couldn’t dance?”

“Now I can,” the song ended and I gazed into his eyes. “Let’s talk.”

“Okay,” we were on our way back to our friends when Kikyo bumped into spilling her soda on my halter top.

“Oh I’m so sorry,” everyone was laughing and Kikyo had a smile on her face. I was so embarrassed, I ran passed everyone. Tears were running down my cheeks.

“Kagome wait!” I kept running.

‘I just stood there like a idiot. Inuyasha must think I’m a loser.’ I though as I kept running. End of Kagome’s POV

“Kagome,” Inuyasha yelled as he watched Kagome run. He turned around to Kikyo. “Why’s you do that?”

“It was an accident,” she said innocently.

“Whatever,” Inuyasha walked over to Miroku.

“I’m going to go after her. Tell her friends, okay?”

“Yeah,” he grabbed his jacket and began to walk in the direction Kagome went.

“Is he going after Kagome?” Sango as

“Yeah, he’ll bring her back.”

“I hope so,” they walked back to their group. Kagome’s POV

“I sat on the beach, wiping my eyes. I felt stupid for running.

“There you are,” I turned around and saw Inuyasha standing over me. “Here,” he handed me his jacket. “I thought this might help.”

“Thank you,” I smiled and put it on. We sat in silence. “Inuyasha, I’m sorry for running off like that.”

“You don’t have to apologize. I know she did it on purpose.”

“Oh,” silence fell upon us again. I didn’t know what to say.

“I just moved down here.” I looked up at him.

“Where did you move from?”

“Tokyo, my dad has a business there.”

“Being here in Florida must be different.”

“Yeah, but it’s okay. I don’t mind.”

“If you need any help, I’ll be glad to show you around.”

“I would really like that.” I looked up at the night sky.

“It’s so beautiful out here. I love it when the stars are out.”

“Yeah, beautiful.” I look at him and saw that he was staring at me. “The stars are not the only thing that looks beautiful tonight.” I gazed back at the sky. “Are you busy tomorrow?”

“What?” he smiled.

“Are you busy tomorrow?”

“Well, I have to work, but I might get off early.”

“Where do you work?” I turned to him.

“You don’t want to know.”

“Tell me, it can’t be that bad.”

“You’ll laugh.”

“I won’t, I promise.”

“Fine,” I sighed. “I work at The Ocean Shore Gift Shop.”

“Really?”

“Yes,” I pointed to it. “You can’t see it, but it’s right over there.”

“Maybe I’ll come visit you.” The wind began to blow. “You never answered my question. Are you busy tomorrow?”

“I guess not.”

“Good,” he lifted my chin to him. Slowly he began leaning towards me. My heart was racing. I closed my eyes, waiting for his lips t touch mine.

“Kagome, Inuyasha, we’ve been looking for you two.” We pulled away and saw Sango and Miroku running up to us. Inuyasha helped me up and we waited till they were in front of us.

“I told you I was going to bring her back,” Inuyasha said with annoyance.

“Well, I need to talk to Kagome,” Sango grabbed my hand pulled me in the direction they came from. “We have to begin planning our revenge on Kikyo.”

“Revenge?”

“Yes revenge. We can’t let her get away with what she did to you.”

“Let me help,” we stopped and looked at Inuyasha. “Miroku and I are good with planning revenge,” he said with a grin.

“Well than, we’ll meet here at noon.”

“Okay,” Inuyasha nodded. “Let’s go back to the party.”

“I think I should get home. Shippo is waiting for me.”

“Do you need a ride?”

“N…”

“Yes she does,” I looked at Sango. “Miroku can catch a ride with Ayame and I.”

“Okay, com on.” Inuyasha took my hand. “Let’s go.”

“But Sango…”

“Don’t worry about me. I have to drop the car off and Koga will give me a ride.”

“Well, if you say so.” Inuyasha and I walked to the boardwalk.

“I had a good time tonight Kagome.”

“I did as well,” I gasped as I looked at his car. “This is yours?”

“Yep,” he opened the passenger door for me.

“Thank you,” I look around. “Wow this is awesome. I never thought I would get a chance to ride in one of these. My dad would never get me one these,” he got in the car and drove to my house.

“What does your dad do?”

“He’s a lawyer.”

“What do you like to do?” I thought about it. I didn’t know what to say to him.

“Well I write.”

“Write what?”

“You’re gonna think it’s dumb.”

“Try me.”

“Poetry,” I whispered.

“Poetry?”

“Yes.”

“Wow. 221;

“I told you it was going to be dumb,” he shook his head.

“No it’s not,” he pulled up to my house. “Guess this is good night.”

“Yeah,” I got out the car. “See you tomorrow.” I watched as he drove away. When I got inside, Kaede was reading.

“Hello Kaede, is Shippo sleep?”

“Yes he is,” she closed the book and got up.

“Thank you for watching him.”

“No problem. Call me anytime you need a babysitter.”

“Thank you again and have a good night.” I showed her to the door and she left. I look down at myself and realized that I still had Inuyasha’s jacket on. ‘I need a shower.’ I took a shower and when I went to my room, I found Sango sitting on my bed.

“Hi Sango,” she yawned.

“Tonight was eventful.”

“Sure was,” I climbed into my bed.

“You better tell me everything tomorrow.”

“I well,” I turned the light off, drifting into a peaceful sleep.

What do you think. Please REVIEW!