InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Someone ❯ After Math ( Chapter 11 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 11:After math Kagome’s POV

I woke up with a pair of arms around my waist. My heart skipped a beat. ‘What the-’ than I remembered the night before. The wonderful kiss Inuyasha and I shared. I blushed and gazed at Inuyasha. He was still peacefully sleeping. I smiled and leaned against his chest. He mumbled something I couldn’t hear and pulled me closer. I sighed, enjoying the moment. Well…while it lasted.

“Inuyasha Takahashi! You get out of that bed NOW!” said a woman by the door who seemed to be in her early thirties. Inuyasha jumped off the bed and landed on the floor.

“Ow.” he said standing up. I blushed and tried to make myself invisible. “Mom, what are you doing here?”

‘Mom?’ I thought as I got a good look at her. She had long black hair that reached the end of her waist. Her eyes were brown and she was human. She wore a black business suit.

“I was informed of what happened yesterday and rushed over. But form the looks of things, it seems I wasn’t needed..” she said as she looked at me. I blushed and looked down.

“This is so embarrassing,” said Inuyasha as she but his hands in his pockets. “Mom, I’m old enough to take care of myself.” he grumbled, but she ignored him and walked over to me.

“My name is Izayoi Takahashi.” she said shaking my hand.

“M-my name is Kagome Higurashi.” she smiled.

“What a lovely name. Now, where did I hear that name?” she tapped her index finger on her chin.

“Mom.”

“I know! Inuyasha says that name in his sleep.” we both turned red. He coughed.

“Mom, don’t you have somewhere to be?”

“No,” she smiled, he groaned. I was shocked. I could not believe what I was hearing. This proved that he was having dreams about me. I wanted to get up and dance. But as you know, I couldn’t.

“Mrs. Takahashi-”

“Call me Izayoi.”

“Mrs. Izayoi, have you seen my doctor?”

“Oh, she was in the hall talking to some police officers. I’ll go see if she is down.” she left the room. Inuyasha and I were silent, not sure what to say.

‘Say something please.’ I thought.

“Sorry.” I didn’t expect him to say that.

“Why?”

“My mother, she’s kind of embarrassing.” I laughed.

“I like her.” he smiled and sat next to me on the bed. “Inuyasha.”

“Yea.” he said kissing my hand.

“Do you really have dreams about me?” before he could say anything, Miroku, Koga, Sango, Ayame, and Shippo walked in.

“Kagome!” Shippo said as he ran over to the bed. Inuyasha helped him on the bed. He hugged me and cried. “I-I-I was so s-scared.” I rubbed his back.

“It’s okay Shippo. I’m okay, really.” I whipped away his tears.

“Promise you won’t leave?”

“I promise,” I looked at my friends who had worried expressions. “I’m okay guys.”

“If you say so.” said Sango. “Now that that’s over with, we have another matter to address.

“Like what?” asked Inuyasha. They looked at each other.

“What is it?” I was worried.

“Well, it’s Kikyo.” said Miroku.

“What about her?”

“Well…shegotoffthehook.” I blinked.

“What?” Lily sighed.

“She got off the hook.” she said.

“What?! She nearly killed Kagome.” Inuyasha said.

“Yea, but you forgot that Kikyo’s father is a very powerful man. He’s not going to let Kikyo get charged even if she deserves it.” said Koga.

“It doesn’t matter.” I said. Shippo was quietly sleeping against me. Everyone looked at me.

“Why doesn’t it?” asked Inuyasha.

“Because I don’t care. I already knew that Kikyo wasn’t going to get charged anyway. There is no point in getting upset.” I brushed Shippo’s hair away from his face. “We need to move forward and not think of what happened.”

“Kagome-” I held up my hand.

“Let’s not talk about it anymore.” My doctor walked in.

“Hello Kagome, it’s great to see you up.” I nodded. “I just want to run a few tests with you and than you can leave.”

“Okay,” Inuyasha took Shippo away form me and everyone walked out.

“Let’s get started.”

I was released at noon. We all decided to just chill at my house since Mr. Takaya decided to close the shop for the day. But as you have guessed, I ran into Kikyo.

“Hello Kikyo.” I said. Everyone behind me stiffened. I was not going to let Kikyo get the best of me.

“Hi Kagome. SO they let you out of the hospital I see.” she said looking at her nails. I wanted to break every manicured nail off her fingers, but I was civilized.

“Yep, now if you will excuse us, we have some place to be.” said Inuyasha as he stepped beside me and smiled. “Right Kagome?” he grabbed my hand and kissed it in front of EVERYBODY! I wanted to say ‘Take that Kinky Hoe,’ but I didn’t. Darn my nice heart!

“Y-yea.” we walked past her as she stood in shock. I called over my shoulder. “See you tomorrow at the fame show.” Once we were out of sight, we all laughed.

“Did you see her face?” asked Miroku.

“Yeah, it dropped.” said Ayame. After everyone was done laughing, we got in Inuyasha’s truck and he drove to my house. We all just hung around and watched movies. It started to get late, so I decided to make dinner.

“We’ll help.” said Sango and Ayame.

“Ok.” once we were in the kitchen, I was interrogated.

“What happened?” asked Sango.

“What are you talking about?” I asked playing dumb.

“What happened between you and Inuyasha?” asked Ayame.

“Nothing.” I backed up slowly.

“Liar. Tell us!” my friends are so demanding.

“We…”

“We what?” demanded Sango.

“We kissed.” I whispered, but they heard me.

“How was it?” asked Ayame. I sighed and leaned against the counter.

“It was…amazing, beyond words.”

“How did it happen?”

“I don’t know. We were just talking and than next I knew, we were kissing.” I sighed as I remembered the feel of his gentle lips.

“Are you two official?”

“I-I don’t know.”

“I think you two are.” said Ayame

“Oh, I met his mother. She said that Inuyasha has dreams about me.”

“Really? Did you tell him you’ve been having dreams about him too?” asked Sango.

“No, I asked him was it true. Before he could answer you guys came in.”

“Oh…sorry.” I laughed.

“It’s okay.” we made dinner. “Well, I can’t say made. It was just Ramen, which turned out to be Inuyasha’s favorite. After dinner, I put Shippo to bed. He wasn’t happy about it. Koga, Ayame, Miroku, and Inuyasha called their parents and told them they were staying the night. It seemed that they only stayed because their parents thought I needed company. I really didn’t care what they thought. Everyone fell asleep except for Inuyasha and I. We turned the TV down low and laid on the couch. Inuyasha had his arms around me. We talked quietly as we watched the movie.

“Kagome, are you sure you’re ok?” I felt his breath against me ear, it made me shiver.

“Yes, I’m sure.”

“You don’t have to play the game if you don’t want to.”

“Are you afraid that we’re gonna beat you and Andrew?” he chuckled softly.

“Extremely.”

“I can’t back down. The Shop means everything to Mr. Takaya and Sango.”

“Okay, promise you won’t let Kikyo get to you.”

“I promise.” I turned the TV off and turned over to face him. I felt his lips press against mine. He pulled away.

“I’m not doing this right.”

“What do you mean?” I asked confused.

“I didn’t ask you the question.”

“What question?”

“Will you be my girlfriend?” I laughed softly.

“Yes, I would love to be your girlfriend.” he kissed me again.

“Thank you.” I rested my head against his chest.

“For what?” I asked yawning.

“For making me happy.”

“No problem.” I closed my eyes. “You guys are going down tomorrow.”

“That’s what you think.” that’s when I drifted off to sleep. I felt so wonderful. I knew that I was not going to let Kikyo have her way. I slept and planned what I was going to do the next day.