InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Tiny Kagome ❯ Pardon? ( Chapter 12 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Thanks for the reviews! Please enjoy the story, and don't forget to review!
 
:x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:': x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:'
:x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:': x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:'
 
My Tiny Kagome
 
:x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:': x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:'
 
Chapter Twelve, Pardon?
 
:x:'
 
 
“I get to be human!”
 
Kagome blinked at Taro. `Did he say Human?' She was confused. `Why would he be human?' There came a disturbing nosy by her bed. Kagome looks at Seisho, It sounded sort of like a growl. Sort of. He gave Teddy a disapproving look.
 
“We don't become human. An Elf is more like it. Not human but an `Elf'. People will think you're a youkai if they see you.” His eyes narrow off to the side at no one in particular.
 
Kagome touches his hands, watching him. “Why would someone think that? You don't feel like a youkai do?” She is speaking of how youkai gives off a demonic aura and that the fairies aura are opposite. Theirs are sort of like hers.
 
“Not much people believe we exist. They only know youkai. So, you see, they're too feeble to tell the difference. Some fairies stay as an elf.” He frowns for a moment. “It has different meanings to it. There are those that can't return to the fairy they once were. Meaning he or she are too weak to do so and were weak to begin with. They'll eventually become human with pale powers. Another way is that the fairy wants to stay in the appearance of an elf. They're still taking a chance of becoming human. Those kinds are strong if they were strong to begin with and remain as an elf. The young lights will return back to fairies because they are not of adult age.”
 
“Why do you become elves on the new moon?”
 
His red-violet eyes gaze down at Kagome. “Because there were many little lights born this year. Within every thousand years our kind gives birth to a high mount of little lights and the energy is overwhelming, we have to celebrate. Most of my people can only stay human size for so long. Energy given from these births helps us to be an elf for a short while.” Not telling her the whole reason.
 
“Elves aren't short, like midget?”
 
“No. We're not.”
 
“Will I become human size too?” She looks up at him hopefully. He squeezes her hands. “I don't know.”
 
:x:'
 
:x:':x:':x:':x:':x:'
 
:x:'
 
 
Sango gazes around the camp for a certain person. She did not find them. She rests her eyes on the other girl in the camp. “Mimi-san. Do you know where Miroku went?”
 
“So, it's Miroku now?” Mimi sounded teasing. Sango blushes. Mimi cuts her off before she starts stuttering.
 
“He ran off some where.” Her shoulders shrugged. “I was surprise at what I saw that I didn't notice where he went.”
 
:x:'
 
 
Miroku sat by a lake thinking on how Sango let that guy touch her. Sango is supposed to be his, not Yani's! He balled his fist tightly, wanting to tear a certain youkai's head off its body. His fist loosened slightly. He couldn't do `that', tearing a certain being's head off, because it would make Sango sad.
 
He didn't want her heartrending. He looks at his reflection in the water.
 
:x:'
 
:x:':x:':x:':x:':x:'
 
:x:'
 
 
“Seisho is so strong that he can be human size whenever he wants!” Taro says while jumping happily up and down on her bed. His elder glares at him, which makes him stop jumping, cross his legs and lands softly on the bed in that exact position. “Well it's true.”
 
“You can do that?” Asks Kagome.
 
He nods.
 
He turns around, his faintly red but violet-purple long hair slightly swings at the movement; his back is now facing her. “We must be going.” Him and Taro were sparkling. Kagome reached out.
 
“Wait!”
 
They are already gone. There's still a lot she doesn't know.
 
:x:'
 
:x:':x:':x:':x:':x:'
 
:x:'
 
 
Stepping quietly out of the bushes, Sango sees the person she is looking for. He sat by the lake with his back toward her. His posture made her wonder of him not being in a good mood. He looked… disgruntled about something. She trend closer. “Miroku-sama?”
 
He stiffens. Yet, the monk did not answer. Silence stayed thick in the air. `He must not want me to call him that.' She stood a yard from him. “Houshi-sama…” The words left her mouth and forgot what she wanted to say to him. Why did she come out looking for him in the first place? Sango knew why, she wanted to know if he left the camp because of her for some reason.
 
“Miroku… Sango. Call me by my name.” His voice was leveled, but held gentleness to it. She brought her left hand, fisted over between her breasts.
 
His back is still to her as she spoke. “H- Miroku-sama…”
 
A scary strange noise came from him, making Sango stop talking. Miroku slowly stands up and turns around to face her. He didn't look sad anymore, even though he most likely still was, instead he looked livid.
 
Sango took a step back in surprise, confusion, and slight fear. Never had he aimed such an expression her way. Actually, it's the first time she'd seen him with it.
 
“Miroku, Sango!” His hands are balled thinking about obliterating the youkai that took Sango away.
 
“Do you really like that guy? I can't plainly sit and watch him touch you. It's unbearable. You want to know why I didn't ask you to bear me a child when I first meet you? When I saw… you, I knew you were different from other women. Instead of asking you to bear my children, I wanted to ask for you to be my wife, to be together forever. This cursed hand hinders me from coming to you. From telling you how I truly feel. I was content to at least be near you, and then that-”
 
“Miroku.” His is so close to her, and he wonders when he had started moving to be this close. Right now, all he wanted to do is wrap his arms around her and show her how much she means to him. To show her how much he loves her. And yet, `Did she say my name?' It was the way she said it. The words softly floating over his body making warmth cozen around his heart.
 
“You love me?” Her voice was soft still that he had to stare down at her. What would he say? He practically told her already. It's not like they could have a relationship anyway.
 
“It doesn't matter anymore.” He'd rather for Sango to be happy. And that she knows his feelings, even though it's too late.
 
He walks away while Sango remains where she stands, speechless. She couldn't believe this. She didn't know what to say. He loves her, then why did he walk away?
 
`He thinks I…'
 
:x:'
 
:x:':x:':x:':x:':x:'
 
:x:'
 
 
“So, the fairy-lights left. Bring the miko to me.” Sesshoumaru says standing in a dining area.
 
“Yes, my lord.” Says a servant, bowing before leaving to do as told.
 
Rin came in. “Sesshoumaru-sama, can I come too.” She asks looking up at him. He looks at her and then answers. “No.”
 
Before Rin could say more he continues. “I want you to stay here Rin.” She looks as if she was about to pout but stops. “Yes, Sesshoumaru-sama.”
 
:x:'
 
:x:':x:':x:':x:':x:'
 
:x:'
 
 
The image of Kagome is seen in a round mirror. Pale small hands held the mirror up. Kagome is in a golden cage, sitting down in the middle of her bed writing something. A woman comes into the picture and opens the cage. She lets the miko get on her right hand than places her on a pillow. She leaves the room carrying Kagome on the pillow.
 
“Heh, it'll be easier to get her now.” A deadly smooth voice says. Long wavy black hair brushed a pale cheekbone. “But first,” Blood red eyes glares at someone on the floor beside. The face is handsome but looks can be deceiving. He sat on a mat. A feminine body lay beside and in front of him on the floor.
 
“Kagura.”
 
The body moves and moans in pain. “Bring me the demon huntress.”
 
He watched as she rose from the floor to leave. She began making her way to the door when he spoke. “Aren't you forgetting something?”
 
Kagura turns around, struggling not to make a face. “Don't fail Kagura.” She bows deeply to him and speaks softly. “Yes my lord.” After saying such a thing she leaves the room.
 
Standing out in the dreading courtyard she whips out a feather and begin flying into the air.
 
She was determined no matter what, to not fail. She shuddered, thinking about what would happen if she did. The odds were against her but she would try, even if it kills her.
 
:x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:': x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:':x:'
 
Tangerine_Mikan AKA Mala Valvah