InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Oh No! ❯ Chapter Eighteen: Home at Last ( Chapter 18 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Oh No!
A/N- Here is chapter eighteen. Thank you to my beta reader named WitchyGirl99 for beta reading this story for me. Thanks again. Nine more chapters to go until it is completed.
Chapter Eighteen: Home at Last
Kagome floated within the well as the normal color of lights swirled around her. She sighed at last. She was going to her kit and her friends. Soon, she landed on the ground as she looked up to see bright skies, slowly climbing out and looking around.
"My mate."
Kagome turned to the side to see Sesshomaru walking towards her. She narrowed her eyes at him. "Sesshomaru! You scent mark me, without…" Her mouth was closed by his lips.
He let her mouth go, hugging her. "My mate."
"How long?" Kagome asked.
"This Sesshomaru missed you," he told her.
Great, he is still speaking in third person.
"So, you are the Sesshomaru from this time, not from the past. Why did you scent mark me?" Kagome asked.
He looked at her and then explained, "This Sesshomaru and his beast had taken a liking to you. My beast was always – and even now – saying "mate" within this Sesshomaru's mind. Slowly this Sesshomaru started liking you more and more. That was when this Sesshomaru decided to join your group to court you.
"When this Sesshomaru started to train you, that was when the first marking began. This Sesshomaru scent marks you every time we were alone training. This Sesshomaru is not sorry for scent marking you but this Sesshomaru is sorry for not telling you or even asking you," he told her.
Kagome looked at him for a long time and smiled. "You are not truly off the hook, Sesshomaru. Shippo, where is Shippo?"
"Mama!"
Kagome turned around to see Shippo racing towards her with the gang behind him. She smiled at her son and raced over to him. She picked him up and gave him a kiss with a hug.
"I missed you, Shippo-kun," Kagome said tearfully.
"I missed you mama!" Shippo replied, hugging and kissing her cheek as he laid his head on her shoulder.
Kagome held onto Shippo with one arm as she hugged Sango, Miroku and then Inuyasha. She yawned into her hand and then stated, "I will be within Kaede's hut sleeping. We need to start shard hunting again in the morning, after I see my family."Kagome walked away from them and down the hill towards the village at the bottom. She yawned and heard her friends and Sesshomaru following her. She soon went into the hut as she placed Shippo down first and then quickly changed into her night wear, calling out when she was finished so that others could enter.
"Kagome, this Sesshomaru is needed at his palace for now," he said, leaving shortly after.
She had the urge to sigh at that, but she knew that she would need to ask more questions to him when he got back. He wasn't off of her bad list yet. Maybe with more kisses he might be.
She laid down in her sleeping bag, pulling Shippo towards her chest as he muttered in his sleep. Soon Kagome was fast asleep too.
……………………… 230;…..
"Lady Kagome." It was the same voice as before in her time.
"Lady Midoriko?" Kagome asked.
"Hai, it is me. Naraku is on his way now. He has the rest of the shards. The only ones that are left are the ones you have, the one the young demon slayer has, and those of the wolf leader. But I sense the jewel shards in Naraku's possession are close."
"What?! Naraku is coming!"
"Hai, he is, you must hurry and get up."
……………………&# 8230;…..
Kagome woke up with a start and sensed a jewel shard coming fast. She wove a spell over Shippo as she got up.
"Inuyasha! Sango! Miroku! Naraku is on his way here now!" Kagome yelled at them.They woke up with a start too. Inuyasha smelled Naraku and he raced outside faster than the rest as they followed him outside of the village.
Once far away from the village, the gang got ready for the final battle with Naraku. Kagome pulled out her daggers and she waited until Naraku came. That was until she heard many youkais screaming and coming their way. She placed her daggers at her side and then pulled out her bow and arrows. She notched four and let them fly.
She only could see the pink light signifying that the youkais were gone. Inuyasha was hacking at the ones that got too close, with Sango throwing her boomerang while Miroku threw his sutras at the Saimyôshô insects around them.She could see that Naraku had brought many demons with him to the battle. She jumped up as she took out Sora Ki and Kinsaiga, landing perfectly to slash at the enemies that surrounded her. Some jumped back but others were on the ground rolling, trying to stop her reiki from purifying them.
Kagome ducked and rolled around as she clashed sword with many kinds of demons. Every one of them she killed. For every battle, there were more cuts and bruises, but none of them posed to be life threatening.
She swung right and left with Sora Ki first, then with Kinsaiga, racing alone to help her friends. Soon she came across Miroku fighting for his life with miasma. Kagome assumed that he had to use his wind tunnel. Suddenly a demon came from behind to attack her and she ducked, sweeping her leg out.She heard a thud on the ground, turning and standing up to see that it was a large troll demon. His smell was revolting; the hairs of her nose falling out from the stench. Kagome used Sora Ki to get rid of him before turning back to Miroku.
She walked over to him, slashing the air with Sora Ki and Kinsaiga, the daggers glowing pink and blue to slowly encase the two within a barrier. She kneeled down at Miroku's side, listening to his laboured breathing. She slowly placed her hands on his chest like Kikyo had showed her three years ago when she did it to him the fourth time.
Tenderly, she pumped reiki into his body, purifying the miasma that would have eventually killed him. Kagome only stopped when she knew that Miroku was going to be alive and okay. Turning around to face the rest of the forest, she noticed demons of all kinds watching her and licking their lips.Her own lips curled up with disgust at them. She pulled out Sora Ki but left Kinsaiga within the ground. That dagger would protect Miroku and hold the barrier around him.
She stormed out and slashed the first one to come near her. Kagome was low on reiki, desperately needing to finish the fight within the next few attacks.
Kagome cursed at Sesshomaru for leaving them for the night. She wondered where the heck he was, while she just barely avoided being hit in the stomach with a large claw. She shook her head at herself, hitting the demon that tried to kill her.
"KIKYO!!!"
A/N- I'm leaving it here now. I hope you like this chapter so far. Until next time. Bye