InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ On Rainy Days ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
A.N. If anyones interested, I sill need that beta~! ^_^

Disclaimer: Inuyasha and company do not belong to me. Their actions in this story do, however.


On Rainy Days


Chapter Two:

X-x-X-x


It was like a tug on the end of a string. It pulled, bringing a heaviness to everything. It was a feeling that she had not felt in a long time—however long it had been now.

Slowly voices began to echo in the vast empty space she had been 'living' in. The noise was a hollow noise though, too distorted to understand what was being said. The tugging persisted and the voices cleared a bit, almost as if she were watching television and the antenna had been moved to just the right spot.

She caught stands of the conversation, though she was hardly interested. Why would she want to go back to that place? Her train of thoughts stopped.

What was that place?

A sense of confusion took a hold of her sanctuary. As if someone had splashed cold water on her body she physically jerked—hearing the talking from before stop.

“It's a small twitch. Whether conscious or not, the human body will always do that. There's no use getting your hopes up...shes been like...just pull...”

The end of the conversation faded as she struggled to shake off the heavy feeling that had been plaguing her 'body'. This was not something that happened normally, but when it did it usually only lasted a few seconds before the pulling tightened and then in a swoop released, sending her back into the depths of her home. It was slightly concerning at the amount of time she found herself being pulled down.

This was not a feeling that she enjoyed in the least.

“Neither do I.”

A pang of fear raced though her mind.

This was a voice.

Not just any voice, but a voice that had just talked directly to her. Searching the depths of her mind she came up empty handed, finding nothing other than herself trapped in this mass of nothing.

“You will not be able to see me.” The voice said, as if reading her.

Why?

“That is unimportant. The matter of the situation is that you need help, and that's something that I can do. I can only hope that you will be accept my help.”

It was silent as the girl tried to figure out what exactly was going on. Was it possible that she subconsciously—even though she knew this was her subconscious—was lonely and wanted someone, something even, to talk to?

“You are dieing.”

Fear shot through her body.

Dieing? How could she be dieing?

Wasn't she technically already dead?

“No, but you are about to be.”

I don't understand.

“I wouldn't expect you to. All that matters is that right now I need you to take my hand, and trust that I will give you another chance to live. My life was cut short and I do not wish for you and your loved ones to go through the same pain I know many have gone through.”

The darkened light she was so used to brightened and a delicate pale hand reached for her.

Millions of thoughts and emotions raced through her all at once, and all at once she knew what she had to do. Reaching forward she took her numb extremity and placed it into the comforting warmth this person promised. It was like the calm before the storm.

A whooshing—almost as if she had water in her ears—sounded though her, making the once comforting darkness now suffocating. She gasped for breath desperately, wondering if she should have just to death, letting the heaviness and now suffocation be nothing but the past—a pain that she could have lived without.

The heaviness tightened to proportions it had never tightened to before, making her body thrash about in all directions to get free of the pain.

It was an unbearable feeling, one that she wanted to stop, and wanted to stop now.

This was not what she wanted. She was perfectly content in her mind, and could have just waisted away for all she cared, this was not what she wanted!

As soon as she thought that she would never make it away from the heaviness it suddenly stopped, leaving behind a feeling of falling. Her falling also eventually came to a sudden forceful stop and a deep pressure built deep inside her chest. Unable to contain the ache anymore she took in a deep breath, feeling a pulsing enter her being...

A pulsing that had not been there in a long time.

A sense of awe entered her body and she listened closely for any noise.

“You fucking bastard! You're supposed to be a doctor!” An voice yelled, while a calmer voice tried to sooth the apparent male.

“I am merely telling you the truth sir. There is no way that she will ever wake up! All that she is now doing is waisting your time, money, and life!”

A growl that shook her bones entered the space and suddenly angered noise burst from every direction in every tone possible. That of both male and female.

Opening her eyes slowly she saw nothing but a blur of white. As her pupils focused she noticed that she was in a room, staring at the ceiling.

'A ceiling.'

Warm tears blurred her vision, overflowing and slowly seeping down her cold cheeks.

This was one of the first things she had seen that was real in a long time.

'Thank you.'

A beeping that she had not noticed until it started racing in speed caught her attention.

As well as the attention as everyone in the room.

The silence that followed was deafening. Slowly she slid her eyes to the right, staring like a deer caught in headlights at the multiple figures cramped in the room she was in.

The monitor—which she had deducted counted her heart beat—went wild as she felt apprehension enter her bones.

She was alive.

And she didn't know what to think of it.

Slowly a man step forward, shoving a shocked looking man in a white lab coat to the side.

“Kagome?” He asked cautiously, a strong look of hope entering into his ember eyes.

“Kagome.”

Furrowing her brows she stared the man down.

“Who are you?”

X-x-X-x