InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ On Rainy Days ❯ Chapter 3

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
A.N. If anyones interested, I still need that beta~! ^_^

Disclaimer: Inuyasha and company do not belong to me. Their actions in this story do, however.


On Rainy Days


Chapter Three:

X-x-X-x


As soon as those words left her mouth the room all together stilled. Kagome watched as the man who was once approaching her stood deathly still, the hope in his eyes slowly draining into a deep fear.

A man in the white lab coat pushed passed the white hared man, coming to stand directly at Kagome's side and began taking her vitals. He flicked a small flash light into her eyes, his brows furrowing as he noticed the usual dilation that was supposed to happen.

“This is definitely unusual. Not only are you supposed to be brain dead, but now you're suddenly awake and talking.” He muttered to himself, taking a clipboard from the foot of her bed and jotting down notes and information. He stood quickly, staring at the small crowd of people gathered in her room.

“As of now, it is unknown as to what is happening. In all of my medical experiences I have never seen this in any patient. We will schedule a CT and see if we can find any unusual brain patterns. It would be unwise to rule this as amnesia until further tests have been conducted.” His voice rang loud and clear through the room, leaving no room for arguments. He again pushed past the dumbfound man staring blackly at Kagome, excusing himself quietly as he made his way out of the room.

The door sounded like a prison door being slammed as it clicked shut, bringing Kagome face to face with people that she didn't even know.

“Kagome?” The man asked again, the doubt evident in his voice as he cautiously approached her.

“Don't you remember me?” He asked, seeing nothing but confusion in her dark blues.

Kagome shook her head quickly, willing this strange man to quit pressing her. He grew closer until he was finally directly beside her bed side, watching her face intently for any sign that he should get help.

“Kags,” he called, cautiously taking her cold fingers into his.

As soon as her mind registered what was going on Kagome withdrew, her brain finally catching up with her cold body. She reeled back as if she had been burned, cradling her hand close to her chest as she sat up quickly, fear overtaking her body.

“Who are you?” She asked again, her voice trembling with emotion.

“Don't you remember me? Inuyasha?” The man asked softly, attempting to distract the distraught woman.

“No—no! Who are you?” Kagome asked again, the panic ebbing in her voice, “Who are you? Who are you?!”

“Kagome, calm down.” Inuyasha said, reaching a soothing hand out to the woman. Kagome flinched back, slamming her back against the steel bar surrounding her bed. She looked around franticly, wondering what could possibly be going on.

Why was she in the hospital? As soon as the thought left her mind memories of the crash came hurtling in her mind, the crunching of the metal, the sent of blood, the sounds of tears, her baby's scream.

Her thoughts stopped.

Her baby, where was her baby?

Turning to the only man who could provide any type of information to her she looked to him with helpless eyes, not knowing what was going on.

“Wha-?” She asked, her voice cracking out at the fear of what his answer might be.

“Where's my baby?” She finally managed, staring at Inuyasha with eyes of a broken woman, wishing for—pleading for—good news.

She watched as confusion entered his irises, his brows furrowing ever so slightly.

“What baby?”

It was as if her world had shattered at those two words, as if someone had taken a hammer and smashed the barrier she had been keeping up.

“My baby, where's my baby?!” She screamed, her voice beginning to sound hysteric.

“Kagome!” Inuyasha yelled, taking the hysterical woman by the shoulders to bring her eyes to him. She struggled and pushed his away, covering her face with her hands as she struggled to figure out what was going on/

“Where's my baby?! Where is he?! Where is Kuame?!” She yelled, thrashing about in her bed, feeling her blood go cold at the though of her baby dead, his cold body never again to utter 'mama' .

No, no no no no!
She thought, clenching her eyes tightly closed. Her baby was safe, he was safe! There was no way that he could have not survived the crash. He had to live. He had to!

“Kagome what are you talking about!” Inuyasha yelled pulling the woman again into his arms and forcing her to look him in the eyes. “Kags, there never was a baby! Its always just been me and you.” He told her, seeing the genuine fear in her eyes.

As soon as the words left his mouth Kagome grew deathly still, disbelief taking over any kind of emotion she had previously had.

“No.” She said, staring at the man, feeling the looks of pity that were being shot at her by the others, but feeling entirely uncaring.

“No! No! No! I want my baby!” She screamed, clenching her eyes tightly shut and unwilling to believe anything this man had to say any further.

“Someone get a nurse!” She heard from an older voice in the background as she was engulfed by two powerful arms keeping her from thrashing about. The sent of blood hit her nose along with a tight sting in her arm, though she paid little attention as she continued to struggle, unwilling to let this be the truth.

This was all just one big nightmare, something that would quickly be taken back and laughed about when she woke up, embracing Kuame tightly to her chest, her body swollen with love for him.

She head the distant voice of Inuyasha telling her to relax as he swayed them in a rocking motion, just realizing how quickly her breath had speed up.

Her pupils dilated and the world became clouded in a mist of white as she felt a hot pulse go through her body.

“Put her down gently” was the last thing she heard as her world was taken back to the place she had been at for as long as she could remember.

She curled in on herself, feeling hot tears stream down her face and her heart pumping at accelerated speeds.

'Why?' She thought, the feeling of defeat heavy on her soul.

“You just don't understand yet my dear.” A familiar voice chimed, making Kagome peak up quickly. Sitting up in a rush she looked around, seeing nothing—not even a pale hand.

'Whats going on?' She asked herself, knowing that the woman would reply.

“I cannot say, though you must trust in yourself. You must trust in yourself so much now my dear. This is where your true battle will begin.” The woman spoke, her voice cold, calm and yet calculating all at the same time.

'A battle?'

“A battle, yes, and one that only you can decide the end to.”

Shaking her head Kagome turned away, feeling her eye lids drop in exhaustion.

'I don't understand.' She though to herself, letting the world take her away into a blissful time of peace.

“You will. Just wait my dear, you will.”

X-x-X-x

a.n. I know that its short, but I tend to get them out quicker that way. Well, review and tell me what you think~! ^_^