InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One Day You Will ❯ Chapter 2

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
One Day You Will
Golden Foxfyre

Disclaimer: Do I look like Rumiko Takahashi? No? Thought not.


Chapter 2


Inutaisho lay on the futon she'd provided him with, watching as she steeped certain herbs and combined others into a salve. His golden eyes were emotionless, but turmoil roiled inside the taiyoukai beneath that serenely quiet surface. Izayoi had managed to touch his heart in the few short hours he'd known her. She was gentle and kind, so very different from her ruthless father. Violet eyes showed that she held a dear memory; perhaps that was why she had seen him as he was.

Ever since the death of his mate, he'd felt cold and alone; like the heart of winter. But even winter gave way to spring. With her near, it felt like the thaw was setting in. She was melting the wall of ice around his heart with the kindness she showed to him, as injured as he was. A rustle of cloth alerted him to her approach. Golden eyes turned to her face, catching a light blush. The fire light flickering over the walls hid more than what it showed when it came to that reaction.

"My...lord," Izayoi stammered, "your wounds need cleaning." Her faint blush grew stronger as she helped him out of his tattered haori and hamaka. She was all business; however, when it came to his wounds. Steaming liquid touched them, causing him to flinch briefly. It stung like crazy, but he knew it was necessary. Gentle fingers cleansed away clotted blood and debris before the soaked cloth daubed gently at each wound. Bandages were wound around the wounds once more then she pulled a blanket up over him. She returned to the fire, leaving the taiyoukai to his thoughts.

A short while later, she returned carrying a bowl filled with meat broth. Izayoi set it down then knelt at the head of the futon. "M`lord...?" Her voice brought him back to the present.

A dry chuckle escaped him. "I know I'm too weak to eat without aid. Go ahead." He felt her hands under his shoulders before she lifted him. She lowered him onto her lap before picking up the bowl again. Izayoi brought it to his lips allowing him to sip the broth at his own pace.

The noble born miko kept her gaze on him to make sure that she didn't tip the bowl at the wrong time. To do so would choke him. Slowly, a heat began building in her core, but she steadfastly ignored it.

Little by little, the broth vanished into the youkai. And during those minutes it became harder to ignore the sensations racing through her. Even though he was injured to the point of baby-like dependence, he struck a cord within her; bringing forth a passion long restrained to the point of being forgotten.

Once he'd finished, she placed him back on the futon. "Excuse me, m`lord." She dashed into another room then leaned against the wall, breathing hard. 'Izayoi, you baka! He's an inu youkai, surely he could've smelt that.' She peeked out, back into the main room. 'I can see why I reacted that way. Dear lord, my father would kill me if he knew I was having those kinds of thoughts about a taiyoukai.'

Inutaisho blinked as she rapidly retreated to another room, then a chuckle escaped him as he realized the source of her unease. Her scent plainly gave it away. 'Well, that's a revelation.' He took another deep breath to catch her lingering scent. It held a sweetness that had his body instinctively reacting. 'I shouldn't... But I can't push her away right now. I need help so that I can recover. How can I stop myself once I've recovered enough?' Soft footsteps went unheard as he ran through ways of keeping his instincts in check.

Izayoi had returned with a basin of cool water and a cloth draped over her arm. She'd noticed his flushed, feverish expression and recalled that he'd been much too warm when she helped him eat. The taiyoukai jerked in surprise when the damp cloth touched his forehead. "Careful, m`lord. You shouldn't move right now." She gently smoothed the cloth, feeling him relax under her touch. 'Nani? Does my presence really calm him?'

Tense muscles slowly relaxed. Glazed over golden eyes silently gazed at her. 'She doesn't even realize what she's doing. Damn it, if I'm this relaxed around her, then my instincts are seeing her as my mate. Not even Sesshomaru's mother could make me feel like this. Oh, damn!' His eyes drifted shut as the dark wings of sleep stole over him.

Izayoi curled up against the wall, hugging her knees to her chest. After gazing at him for a few seconds, violet eyes slowly drifted shut. 'Usually I'd be more wary in the presence of a youkai. But there's something about him that reassures me.' Her breathing steadied as she rested her head on her knees.

~*

"Izayoi." Inutaisho called, wrapping his arms around her from behind. She leaned into him, accepting his embrace. His hands came to rest on her swollen stomach, feeling the pup within kick. "A little hard to believe, ne?" He sighed. "But this child could be despised by both ningen and youkai alike."

Blue black hair came to rest on his shoulder. "Once life is given, we shouldn't take it away. Besides, our child will do great things, and lead a pack long before expected."

He laughed. "Koi, your dream sight is something else." The taiyoukai turned her around, placing a passionate kiss on her lips.

A childlike pair of hands grabbed them. "Tousan, Izayoi-san, Leilani's here!"

Inutaisho released his mate's lips. "Calm down, Sesshomaru. We're coming." he declared. They followed him to where the young dog demoness was waiting.

Leilani smiled as they approached her. "It's good to see you again." 'I knew it. I told him he'd find love again. He's the exception that proves the rule.'

*~

Izayoi woke sharply. 'Not again. Why would I see that?' She rose to her feet then checked on the demon lord. He was still sleeping deeply, a sleep that would help him heal. Relieved, she went to the enclosed hot spring; the building attached to the house.

With a sigh, she slipped out of her clothes and into the hot water. 'Could that really happen? My father isn't found of youkai, be they lords or not. So why would he let me marry one? It could just be my wishful thinking.'

She sank under the water, swimming to the far side of the spring. There was something about the taiyoukai she'd helped; something she accepted completely. Before, she'd only seen the Lord of the Western Lands at a distance, much to her father's anger.

'My dreams are rarely wrong. It isn't wishful thinking, is it? Has my fate changed because of this? I hope so. The man my father wants me to marry is a bigot. I'd rather be with someone who appreciates me for who I am and accepts the sight I have.'