InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One Day You Will ❯ Chapter 4

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
One Day You Will
Golden Foxfyre

Disclaimer: Haven't I looked enough already? I don't own Inuyasha!


Chapter 4


Inutaisho closed the doors behind them; relieved that they left the village far behind and were in his home. Now that Izayoi was with him, it nearly felt complete. But he knew that he had to explain something to her; she was confused about his protective and possessive attitude. The taiyoukai placed an arm around her, guiding her to the bed. They sat down, each waiting quietly for a few seconds. A pillar of sunlight crept across the floor, marking the passage of time that they sat in comfortable silence.

The taiyoukai sighed, then began. "Izayoi, you must realize something. When you helped me after the battle, you woke instincts that had long lain dormant within me. I'm sure you noticed how relaxed I was around you. That is very rare; for a youkai to relax so around one they never met before. My instincts began to see you as my mate during those days; and according to youkai law, you have been for many weeks now."

He placed a curled finger under her chin, gently tilting her face up so he could see her eyes. Her vivid violet eyes revealed a slight fear and unease about being among so many demons. He felt responsible for causing it. "We don't have to consummate this if you don't want to."

A sigh escaped her before she could stop it. "I-I'm not quite ready for that, m`lord." She turned away, a little uneasy. 'I need time to adapt to this place. Even after all the damage my father has caused, it is still stunning.' She stiffened with a start when he placed his arm around her.

He felt her tense under his arm, then slowly relax. Maybe she'd thought something was wrong. Inutaisho kept his grip gentle, knowing that she couldn't withstand his full strength. Only when she was ready would that worry be relieved.

She seemed to melt into him, her arms wrapping around him as his other came up around her. Her small amount of trembling tapered off. He would protect her as long as he lived, but she severely doubted that they would be together for the rest of their lives. His life span was much longer than hers would ever be.

A soft knock on the door startled them out of each others' arms. The door slid open to reveal a servant that submitted to the lord as she knew she should. "M`lord, m`lady, there is someone here to see you. She's waiting in the receiving hall." The servant silently pattered away, leaving them as they rose to their feet.

"This way, Izayoi." Inutaisho led her to the well-lit hall. The floor was strewn with cushions, as was traditional. Seated on one of them was a teenage inu youkai female, whose color was of moon-silver. She turned, golden eyes taking them in. Gracefully, she rose to her feet; silver tail waving happily.

"Uncle Inutaisho!" She leapt forward, drawing the surprised lord into the hug. Releasing her grip, she stepped back then noticed the noblewoman standing beside her uncle without fear. "Who is she?"

"Leilani, this is Lady Izayoi, my mate." He replied, gently drawing her forward.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Lady Izayoi." Leilani bowed politely.

"And I am pleased to meet you, Lady Leilani." Izayoi returned the bow before they sat on the cushions.

"What brings you here, Lei?" Inutaisho shortened her name, as he often did. His white tail fell from his shoulder to the floor, ignored by all but one.

"Trouble does." A snort escaped Leilani. "I'm not a helpless pup, yet he still sends me packing."

The taiyoukai appeared troubled. "Who is doing this?" He bit back a soft growling purr. 'Maybe I should've told her what that does to me.' Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed her stroking the fur with a gentle touch.

A soft growl caught his attention, bringing him back to the moment. "Lynx demons. The same group that caused trouble before." She clenched her fists angrily.

Just as he'd thought. It was the same group that had killed her parents, her father having been his younger brother. He growled angrily, but that growl was abruptly cut off when the hand stroking his tail touched his shoulder. Inutaisho could feel Izayoi's concern.

'That baka hasn't told her yet?! This is something she needs to know, because the rest of the pack could be annihilated.' "Lei." he called, getting her attention. Moon silver hair swung through the air as she returned her gaze to her uncle. "I see he still hasn't explained this to you. A certain lynx demon can take the gifts of those she kills, and she wants your foresight. That is why they send you here when that clan threatens."

An angered snarl escaped her. "If he'd told me earlier, I wouldn't be so angry with him!" Her eyes flashed red for the briefest second before returning to gold. "By the way, I have a passenger for you." She flicked a small youkai off of her shoulder.

He landed against Inutaisho's chest with a grunt. "Myoga, what else did you find?" the youkai queried.

Myoga stood, straightening his clothing before speaking. "There are quiet a few youkai that are angered with you for what you did to the leader of the fire wolves. They've also gotten wind of the treaty you made with Lord Taro-maru." His gaze shifted to the lady next to his lord. "If anything comes of this, she will be in grave danger." Violet eyes narrowed at the flea, a spark of her power flaring to life within them. Myoga yelped, moving away from her.

A chuckle escaped the taiyoukai. "They might be the ones in danger if they attack her. But, I see your point." Humor vanished from his golden eyes. Maybe he shouldn't ever touch her so intimately. But stopping himself would be hard; especially now that she was his.

"M`lord, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it." Her voice was soft, soothing his irritated nerves.

She'd said 'when' not 'if'. That set his heart to a rapid pace. Maybe she would let it happen, once she was ready.