InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One Night Leads To A New Future ❯ Finality ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha he belongs to Rumiko Takahashi.
 
One Night Leads To A New Future
 
Chapter 5
 
Finality
 
“That's it?” Kagome asked. She figured it would take a while.
 
“That's it. We just need to get you some suits now.” Inuyasha said.
 
“Suits for what?” Kagome asked.
 
“You wanted a job right? Starting next week you're my secretary.” Inuyasha said. “But before that you need suits.”
 
“Really? I get to work?” Kagome asked. Kagome jumped on him and hugged him. “Thank you!”
 
“You might not want to cause a scene in an office building.” Inuyasha chuckled.
 
Kagome looked around and saw at least twenty businessmen and women looking at her. She blushed brightly and stood on the ground. “Sorry.” She said.
 
Inuyasha grabbed her hand and led her out of the building. They both got in the car and buckled their seatbelts. “Where do you get your suits?” He asked.
 
“Oh that's easy. I just call and tell them what kind of suits I want and pick them up in a couple of days. They already have my measurements. They'll deliver it too.” Kagome smiled.
 
“Well that's easy.” Inuyasha said. “Let's get something to eat then we'll go home and call the company.”
 
“Hai.” Kagome said and then stared out the window, the smile still on her face.
 
-------------------
 
After eating Inuyasha and Kagome returned home. Kagome called the store so she could order her suits. They would be ready in three days. She would have to go in and try them on. Now she was trying to fill out the application. She never really filled one out for her father's company. She was also being distracted no thanks to Inuyasha.
 
He was listening to music really loud while lying on the couch. “Must you have that music on so loud?” Kagome asked.
 
“Yes I do.” Inuyasha smirked. He didn't want her filling out some stupid application. She'd have a week to do it.
 
Kagome sighed and finished answering the last of the questions. “I'm done, even with all the distractions.” She said and leaned back against the couch.
 
Inuyasha sat up a little bit and kissed her. “What distractions?” Inuyasha asked and leaned down again to kiss her but was interrupted by the phone. He stood up and went over to answer it. “What?”
 
Kagome waited where she was for the phone call to be over. He sounded a little upset but she was still smiling. He looked like a little child arguing about not getting his candy. She got up from her seat on the floor to sit on the couch. Inuyasha slammed the phone on the receiver and sat down next to her on the couch.
 
“We have to go meet Sesshomaru.” Inuyasha said irritated.
 
“But we were just there.” Kagome said.
 
“I know. That's what pisses me off.” Inuyasha said. “Get dressed in something nice since you don't have a suit yet and we'll go.”
 
“Hai.” Kagome stood up and went into the room to change. A couple minutes later she came out with a new outfit on. “How's this?”
 
Kagome was wearing a knee length black skirt with an inch high slip and a white blouse. Her hair was up in a bun and she was wearing two-inch heels. “You look great.” Inuyasha stood up and kissed her. “Let's go before that uptight asshole gets angry.”
 
-------------------
 
They finally arrived at the office building and like earlier they went straight up to the top. Rin greeted them and stood up to open the door. “Sesshomaru wants to see Kagome only for right now.” She smiled.
 
“What?” Inuyasha shouted.
 
“That's what he said. You can wait here and he'll tell me when you can go in.” Rin said. She opened the door. “You can go on in Kagome.”
 
“Ah Kagome.” Sesshomaru greeted her. “Please sit down.”
 
“Nice to see you again Sesshomaru-sama.” Kagome bowed and then took her seat. “You wanted to see me?”
 
“Well I would like to meet the person who will become Inuyasha's secretary even if I have met you before, especially since he's turned every other person down for the last two years.” Sesshomaru said.
 
“Oh well I wanted to work, but with my father's influence I was sure no one would give me a job.” Kagome said. “Thank you so much for this.”
 
“It's nothing. Inuyasha does need a secretary and anything that will fuel your father's anger is even better.” Sesshomaru said. “I assume he knows.”
 
“He didn't take it very well.” Kagome said. “But I did what I had to do.”
 
“Well when you begin working here Rin will be able to help. She's been working here for a couple of years now. Or if she's unavailable Sango should also be of some help.” Sesshomaru said.
 
“Arigato gozaimasu.” Kagome said.
 
“That's all I wanted. Sorry to drag you all the way down here after you were already here. Inuyasha seemed to be in a rush and I do like to anger him.” Sesshomaru said.
 
“It's alright. Thanks again.” Kagome said and stood up, then left. She barely got the door open when Inuyasha stepped up to her.
 
“What happened?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“He just wanted to meet me.” Kagome said.
 
“He's already met you.” Inuyasha narrowed his eyes at her.
 
“I'm serious. That's all that happened.” Kagome reassured him.
 
“I don't believe it but I don't want to stay here.” Inuyasha grabbed her hand so they could leave.
 
-------------------
 
Inuyasha and Kagome both walked inside of their home. Inuyasha slammed the door shut and pushed Kagome against the wall. He leaned down to kiss her, his hands going down to rest on her waist. He pulled back and took off her jacket as well as his. He grabbed her hand and led her to the couch. He laid down and pulled her on top of him.
 
“What's wrong? You seem quiet.” Inuyasha asked.
 
“I'm fine.” Kagome answered.
 
“You're lying.” Inuyasha said.
 
Kagome sighed and leaned up to look at him. “I just don't know what to do.” She said.
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“Well you did a lot for me. You got me away from Naraku, you gave me a home, you got me a job, and I have no idea what to do for you.” Kagome said.
 
“Just stay with me.” Inuyasha said.
 
“Huh?”
 
“Just stay with me.” Inuyasha leaned forward and kissed her.
 
“Hai!” Kagome smiled and kissed him.
 
“I got you something while we were out shopping.” Inuyasha said. He sat up and grabbed something out of his pocket. “Here.”
 
Kagome took the box with a questioning look on her face. She opened the box and gasped. Inside was a necklace that looked exactly like her mother's. “Thank you Inuyasha!” She said and threw her arms around him. Now everything really was perfect.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
For those of you who wondered whether or not the others were going to make an appearance obviously they aren't since this is the last chapter. I left them out because from my reviews I've learned that people tire of Miroku and Shippo always interrupting so I decided to leave them out and make this pretty much all Inuyasha and Kagome. Of course there are other characters but it was necessary.
 
Kind of a fast ending, little cheesy but what isn't these days? Hope you like it! Let me know what you think!
 
Arigato Gozaimasu- Thank you very much