InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Only Heartbroken ❯ A Friendly Conversation On The Phone ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Only Heatrbroken
2- A Friendly Conversation On The Phone
 
“That'll be $250.00, ma'am, the hotel clerk told Kagome.
 
“Thanks,” Kagome replied, grabbing the key and handing the clerk two-hundred and fifty dollars.
 
She walked through the lobby and to the elevators. She pressed the arrow pointing up and waited for the light to come on, indicating the elevator was there. She waited it seemed like, a lifetime for the elevator to stop on the looby floor and take her up to her floor. The light turned on and the golden doors opened. She sighed with relief and stepped into the small box. She looked around and found the glass plate with all the numbers on it, 1-7. Kagome pressed the number 6 and the golden doors closed. While the elevator to its time going up to her floor, Kagome hummed the song that was playing in the elevator and tapped her foot with the rhythm. She heard a ding and she looked up to see the number 6 blinking above the doors. The doors opened and she stepped out. Looking forward she saw two glass plates. One said Rooms 119-129 and the one on the right said Rooms 130-140. Kagome took a glance at her key and it read: `Floor 6 - Room 135'. Kagome looked back at the signs and turned right down a long hallway. She looked at the numbers on each door until she found one that said `135'. She slipped the key in the slot then took it out, then the light on the slot turned green, indicating that the door was unlocked. She opened the door then closed it back behind her. She slipped off her shoes, put down her bag and ran to the bed. She moaned with pleasure then went wide eyed when she saw the bathroom.
 
“Finally! A decent shower!” she yelled.
 
She walked into the bathroom and turned on the faucet. After adjusting the temperature to her liking, she pushed the plug in and began to undress. When the water reached the perfect height she turned off the faucet and steeped in and sat down on the bottom.
 
“This feels so good!” she said slightly above a whisper.
 
She looked behind her and found a bar of soap, a tiny container of shampoo and conditioner, and a washcloth. She grabbed the supplies and began to bathe. After bathing and about 15 minutes of relaxing, Kagome pulled the plug and steeped out of the bathtub. She grabbed a towel and wrapped it around herself. She walked to her bag to grab a brush when all of a sudden her phone started ringing.
 
“Who the hell could that be?” she asked herself. “It better not be HIM.”
 
She picked up her phone and flipped it open.
 
“Hello?”
 
“Hey, Kagome. It's Inuyasha. You know, the guy that caught you?”
 
“Oh! Hi!” She blushed at the memory. “Hold did you get my number?”
 
“Well, you dropped a card that had your name and number on it, so I just decided to call and see how you were doing.”
 
Kagome smiled. “I'm fine. Thanks for calling.”
 
“Oh, and one more thing…”
 
“Yeah?”
 
“Why were you crying?”
 
Silence. She sat down on a lounge chair and remembered how her ex-boyfriend was cheating on her.
 
“It's a long story. You probably won't care any way.”
 
“You can tell me anything you want to, Kagome. I want to be your friend and I want to help you feel better about what ever happened.”
 
Did he really want to be her friend? Could she trust him? Something about the sound of his voice made her trust him. And there was no one else to help her, to listen to her problems. InuYasha was the only one.
 
“I'm only heartbroken.”
 
Another moment of silence. Either the two didn't want to say anything or they just had nothing to say. The moment lasted only about 30 seconds before InuYasha said something.
 
“Are you going to tell me what happened?”
 
Kagome nodded, but once realizing they were on the phone, she replied with a yes.
 
“Okay. Just start when ever you're ready.”
 
Kagome told him how Koga and her had been going out for 3 years and how she was on his way to give him a present. She tried to hold back tears and keep her voice even and steady so he could hear and understand her. She continued on how she had heard a voice from inside the room and eavesdropped on their conversation. She told him what they were saying and said that she had gone in there and confronted Koga, then ran off. She had been traveling for 3 weeks before she had met him. There was dead silence on the other line and on her line too.
 
“I'm really sorry, Kagome. I wish there was something I could do.”
 
“It's okay, what's done is done.”
 
“Do you have anywhere to stay?”
 
“Well*sniff* I'm staying in a hotel right now, but only for a week.”
 
“Oh…uh…I was kinda wonderin' if… you wanted to…stay over at my house..after that… if you really liked it hear.”
 
“Oh, well, okay. Thank you.”
 
While Kagome smiled, InuYasha was blushing like crazy on the other line.
 
“Well, thanks for talking to me, InuYasha.”
 
“A-anytime.”
 
“Good-night.”
 
“Good-night.”
 
With that, Kagome hung up her phone and got her brush. After brushing her hair and teeth, slipping into some pajamas, and reading for about an hour, Kagome fell asleep.
 
 
Did you like it? Hope so…Chapter 3 is coming so be patient!! *_*