InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Only Heartbroken ❯ Reunited ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: hey everyone! I'm soooo srry that i didn't update sooner! all you authors out there know about the evil WRITERS BLOCK!!! <all authors run away screaming> yeah, well hope you like it! thanks for all the reviews, looking forward to more!!!
 
Chapter 4
Reunited
 
Kagome lie asleep on her bed in what seemed like an uncomfortable position. Her light snoring quickly ended when she heard her cell phone go off. Her eyes slowly fluttered open as she rose her head the slightest bit. She pulled her hair behind her ears out of her face and grabbed her cell off the nightstand. She stretched her arms out then flipped open her phone.
 
“(yawn) Hello?”
 
“Uh, hi Kags. It's Inuyasha,I didn't wake you up did I?”
 
“Nah, not really. What's up?”
 
“Oh, well, I was wondering if you wanted to meet some friends of mine today?”
 
Kagome's face lit up and she quickly sat up.
 
“Sure!! When and where?”
 
“For breakfast, around 9:00, and at the diner across from your hotel.”
 
“Sounds great! Thanks for inviting me!”
 
“No, problem. See ya later.”
 
“Bye!”
 
Kagome closed her phone and ran to the bathroom, full speed, to take a shower. It was 8:15 so she didn't have that long to get ready. She was in and out of the shower pretty quick so started to fix her hair. She quickly blow dried her hair and put it up in a bun with black and blue chopsticks. She ran to where her bag laid and threw all the clothes out and found the `perfect outfit'. She slipped on some jeans and a tight, short-sleeved shirt. She slipped on her flip-flops and grabbed her purse. Before, heading out the door she grabbed her cell phone and ran out the door.
 
~*^~*^~*^
 
Inuyasha was leaning against the wall, hands in his pocket, waiting for Kagome to arrive. Dozing toward where Kagome, would most likely be coming from he heard a loud slap and an irritated cry of “HENTAI”. He turned to face his friends and sighed at their everyday actions. His female friend, Sango, (A/N: she's 18, just like Inuyasha!! And Kagome, and Miroku, and Koga, and well…you get the point!) whom he had known since 7th grade. She was pretty tough, but at times could be nice and caring. She had long and dark, brunette hair and violet eyes that were brought out by the daily worn magenta eye shadow. She secretly had a big crush on Miroku, Inuyasha's other friend. Miroku was a bit of a know-it-all, but was a BIG pervert. When ever he got the chance he would either a.)grab a woman's butt or b.)ask the all famous question, “will you bear my child”. Although, Sango made sure to knock him out whenever this happened. Miroku had really dark, violet eyes that almost looked black. His short, black hair was tied into a neat, stubby ponytail at the back of his head. Inuyasha had also made friends with Miroku in 7th grade and since then, they thought of each other as brothers. Miroku had told Inuyasha that he loved Sango about a month ago, so now there was the only goal of getting these two obvious love-birds together. How was he gonna do that? He had no clue.
 
“Inuyasha! Inuyasha!” he heard a faint voice call.
 
Inuyasha looked up and saw Kagome running towards them and waved. Finally she was in front of them, panting heavily.
 
“It's about time you got here!” Inuyasha scolded.
 
Kagome pouted and muffled a “sorry”. Inuyasha rolled his eyes then remembered his friends.
 
“Oh! Kagome this is Miroku Hachi, Miroku this is Kagome Higurashi.” Inuyasha said.
 
Kagome gave a sweet smile and bowed.
 
“It's very nice to meet you Miroku.” She said, shyly.
 
Miroku stepped up to her and grabbed both of Kagome's hands. Inuyasha knew what was about to happen, so stepped out of the way of where Sango usually came in and smacked him with her purse.
 
“Young lady, would you consider bearing my,” Miroku was cut off by Sango's purse, violently hitting his head.
 
Kagome stepped back as Miroku fell to the ground. Inuyasha stepped up and mumbled something about Miroku never learning and Kagome laughed.
 
“And Kagome this is Sango Muteki, Sango this is Kagome Higurashi.” Inuyasha introduced.
 
Both girls froze and stared at each other. Tears threatened to fall from their eyes, but couldn' until they got one fact straight. Kagome lifted up her arm first to show a bracelet with blue hearts hanging from the chain. Sango followed suit and her bracelet showed magenta hearts. They slowly put their arms down then ran into each others arms screaming with glea. Inuyasha looked at them opened mouthed and confused and Miroku who had just regained consciousness, looked at the girls in confusion, too.
Tears ran down their cheeks and they looked up at each other.
 
“When did you get here? I thought you lived in the country?!” Sango asked.
 
“I'll explain later, but what about you? How have you been?” Kagome replied with a question of her own.
 
“I've been doing great! Kohaku was cured of his cancer and my father manages a local restaurant. I don't live at home anymore though, I live in the same apartment building as Inuyasha and Miroku.
 
“I'm so happy that Kohaku is okay!”
 
“Yeah, so what brings you here?”
 
Kagome quickly explained what had happened with Koga and how she met Inuyasha.
 
“HOW COULD KOGA DO THAT TO YOU?! YOU ARE SUCH A NICE PERSON AND HE TURNS AROUND AND DOES THAT TO YOU!!!!!!” Sango screamed.
 
“NO, Sango don't get upset, it's okay now. Hopefully I won't ever see him in a long , LONG time.” Kagome said.
 
Sango was just about to ask another question, but was interrupted by a loud rumbling sound. All four of them looked toward Inuyasha who looked at his stomach and blushed in embarrassment.
 
“Okay, I don't know about you, but I'M hungry!” Inuyasha yelled in his defense of his stomach's behavior.
 
They all nodded their heads in agreement as they went inside. Sango and Kagome behind the guys arm and arm trying their best to catch up on the stuff that happened while they were apart.
 
~*~*~*~*
 
After waiting for about half an hour for a table and another half hour for a waiter to take their orders, Miroku looked at Kagome.
 
“Okay, how do you know each other?” he asked.
 
“Well see, our mothers were best friends and we've practically know each other since we first saw each other as newborns.” Sango started before Kagome continued.
 
“Our mom's knew that we were the best of friends so did everything in their power to put us in all the same classes.” Kagome said.
 
“Then what's up with the bracelet and the tears?” Inuyasha asked.
 
Both girls looked at each other and frowned.
 
“When my mom passed away, my father went on a depression, so took me and Kohaku to our aunt's house.” Sango replied.
 
“Before she moved to Tokyo, I gave her a bracelet that was her favorite color and got one that looked exactly the same except for it being blue to myself. And we've kept them ever since.” Kagome finished.
 
An awkward silence fell over the table until Miroku finally spoke.
 
“That sure is convenient.” He said under his breath and his stomach started rumbling.
 
Just as if on cue, the waiter came with their orders. Everyone sighed of relief and licked their lips before digging into their big meal.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
The four had spent nearly a WHOLE day talking about memories they had, how excited they were about going to college, exs, and all the stuff regular and happy-peppy 18 year olds usually talking about. Kagome yawned and glanced at her watch.
 
“Sure is getting late. I think we should head out.” She said, stretching her arms out.
 
“Yeah, I'll take you home Kags.” Inuyasha agreed standing up from his spot on the grass.
 
“N'kay.” Kagome replied, while blushing a tiny bit.
 
The group said their good-byes and both girls promised to call each other the next day. Kagome waved a final time before beginning the two's walk to her hotel. Midway to the hotel, Kagome shyly grabbed Inuyahsa's hand and smiled up at him. At first Inuyasha stiffened and blushed, but slowly grasped her hand in his. Together they walked the rest of the way in silence as someone followed close behind.
 
They finally arrived at the hotel and they both stood their, pondering at what to say next.
 
“Uh, Inuyasha?” Kagome asked, striking his attention.
 
“Yeah,” he replied.
 
“Thanks for inviting me to breakfast this morning. I'm glad I was reunited with Sango,” she said, almost in tears yet again.
 
“Well, she talked about you all the time, so when I found out that you were her long lost friend I knew I had to do something about it!” Inuyasha replied, slightly annoyed.
 
“Well, anyways, thanks.”
 
Kagome began to walk up the steps, but Inuyasha's voice caused her to halt.
 
“Oh, and Kags.”
 
“Yes?”
 
“If you need anything, just call me.”
 
“Okay.”
 
With that Inuyasha turned around and began walking to his home. Kagome, doing the same. As soon as Inuyasha was a safe distance away, the stalker made his move and followed Kagome up to her room.
 
Kagome opened her room door and closed it gently behind her. She slipped off her shoes and dropped her purse to the ground before lying down on her bed to relax.
 
“What a long day,” she said under her breathe.
 
A knock came to the door and she struggled to get off the marshmallow soft bed. Another knock came.
 
“Coming, (yawn), coming,” she said, sleepily.
 
Harder, louder knocks followed her statement.
 
“I'M COMING!! Damn.”
 
She reached the door and slowly opened it, eyes growing wide at the sight before her. It was him.
 
“Hi, Kagome! Long time, no see.” The stranger said.
 
“Koga.”
 
 
A/N: oOoOoOoO my first cliffy!!! you have to wait, you have to wait! muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! and don't worry I'm not planning on taking as long as I did on this chappie to update! keep coming with those reviews!