InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Only Heartbroken ❯ A Talk Between Friends ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N okay, once again that darn writer's block had hit me in the head so it took me a while to get an idea of what I really wanted to happen in this chapter. I know it takes me a long time to think of ideas, but I want it to be entertaining enough for ya'll to enjoy it! ^_^
 
Chapter 6
A Talk Between Friends
 
“Inuyasha?” Kagome asked weakly.
 
Inuyasha panicked. He left his hat up on the roof! Oh crap, oh crap, oh crap! Kagome lifted her hand to the top of his head and she started tweaking his ear. Automatically Inuyasha started purring which made him blush.
 
“They're, they're so cute,” Kagome mumbled before falling asleep.
 
The blush and purring stopped as he continued the walk to his motorcycle, with Kagome in his arms. Sighing of relief that he didn't owe Kagome an explanation just yet.
 
~*~*~*~*~*
 
Inuyasha had arrived at Sango's apartment about the same time Sango and Miroku did. After Sango had changed Kagome's bloody clothes and laid her down in her bed, the three sat in the living room in silence. Inuyasha was leaning up against the wall staring down at the floor, Miroku sat on the lounge chair, his fist holding up his chin, and Sango sitting on the couch, staring at her lap. Miroku was first to break this long and uncomfortable silence.
 
“Who did you say this man was Inuyasha?” Miroku asked, hoping to find out as much information as possible.
 
“This bastard named Koga. He was the one that cheated on Kagome,” Inuyasha growled, clenching his fists in his pockets.
 
“Is it possible that he was drunk?”
 
“Dunno, but if he wasn't he sure is insane.”
 
“But why would he want to kill her?” Sango chimed in.
 
“He said something about `letting her off a leash'. And that really ticked me off.” Inuyasha replied.
 
Both Sango and Miroku shuddered. Even hearing it from someone else made it sound so, so, possessive. Silence fell over the group once more, and then Sango stood up and went into the bedroom. She sat on the bed and stared at Kagome, her best friend, no, her sister. Heartfelt pain striking through her very body, tears continuously forming in her eyes even when she's asleep. `We have to get her mind off of Koga once and for all.' Sango thought. `But how?'
 
Back in the living room, the two guys stared at the hallway in which Sango had retreated to.
 
“You know you'll have to tell her sometime,” Miroku stated.
 
“Huh?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“You're gonna have to tell her about the `real' you,” Miroku said.
 
Once again, Inuyasha looked at him with a very confused look on his face (A/N: I wanted to put confuzzled, but that would ruin the mood).
 
Miroku sighed then pointed to the top of his head. Inuyasha realized what his friend was talking about and mentally slapped himself.
 
“I know, but what if—what if she hates it. Or worse what if she's scared of me?” Inuyasha asked, his ears sinking down into his hair.
 
Miroku nearly laughed at his best friend's fear.
 
“Inuyasha, when you told Sango and I, were we scared? Did we hate you?”
 
“No, but- -“
 
“Didn't you say that Koga was a full-fledged demon?”
 
“Yeah, but- -“
 
“Then Kagome must have accepted who he was right?”
 
Inuyasha thought a minute…his perverted friend was right.
 
“But I'm a HALF demon.”
 
“So, what? Doesn't that still mean you have demon blood in you?”
 
“Feh, whatever!”
 
Inuyasha roughly shoved his hands back in his pockets and suddenly scowled angrily at the floor. He hated when Miroku was right! How could you have the most perverted mind in Tokyo and still have the brains of someone who has lived through everything. Sango walked back into the room and took her spot on the couch.
 
“How is she?” Miroku asked.
 
“She's sleeping okay, but we really need to get her mind off of you-know-who.” Sango replied.
 
“I couldn't agree more, Sango. But how do you plan we do it?”
 
“Today's Wednesday ,right?”
 
Miroku nodded.
 
“Maybe we should go to that Shikon Club. That would give her a couple days to heal. And I could take her shopping for a couple hours Friday.”
 
“You are a genius, my Sango!”
 
That comment made Sango blush the lightest shade of red, so it was barely noticeable.
 
“Then, it's decided! Kagome will definitely be happier than she's ever been in a long time!” Sango said, clapping her hands together. “Now, you guys go get some sleep and I'll call you tomorrow, okay?”
 
They two boys nodded their heads in unison and walked out the door. Sango shut the door behind them and then locked it. She ran into the bedroom and laid down on the bed beside Kagome's. `Don't worry, Kagome. You're broken heart will be mended in no time! With the help of your friends…and Inuyasha.' Sango thought before drifting off to sleep.
 
 
A/N: kagome's friends are so nice! Wonder what'll happen when they all go shopping and then the club?! Ooooooo! It's gonna be awesome opossum! See ya!