InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Only Heartbroken ❯ Fire Dilemma's ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: srry about the late update!!!
 
Chapter 11:
Fire Dilemmas
 
The four stared in awe. Flames rose higher and higher with each passing second. Not one of them dared to speak. A crowd had gathered around the complex and were gasping and talking amongst themselves. Police kept the crowd back, while paramedics waited for the firemen to bring out a survivor. Flashes of red and blue filled the sky, while sirens and shocked gasps filled the four's ears. Sango eventually burst into tears, both of fear and of loss. Miroku had hugged her close to him, whispering reassuring things to her as she cried into his shoulder. Kagome's hand was over her mouth in shock, though she hadn't lived here more than 1 week, tears still pooled into her eyes. She had no clue why, maybe she was scared? Maybe she felt sorry for the friends she had grown to love so much? Or was it that she thought for just an instant that her life would turn happy again, but she was wrong? She buried her face in her hands to sob, when she felt two muscular, warm arms wrapped around her. She looked back to see Inuyasha staring at her with loving eyes. He said nothing, but just held her there. Her heart did a flip, or so she thought, before realization struck her.
 
“Oh my god,” she whispered, but Inuyasha heard her.
 
“What? What's wrong?” Inuyasha asked, concerned.
 
Kagome just burst into tears again. “M-my picture of Momma and S-Sota, and P-Poppa. It's still in there!”
 
Inuyasha winced.
 
~*~FlAsHbAcK~*~
 
“Who's this?” Inuyasha asked, picking up a golden frame with an old picture inside.
 
“Oh,” Kagome smiled sadly. “That's my momma, my poppa, and my little brother Sota.”
 
She said this, pointing to each individual person as she said who they were.
 
“I see. Where are they?” Inuyasha asked, neatly setting down the frame.
 
Kagome stayed silent for a moment then answered.
 
“They died in a car crash a year ago. I lived in my own apartment by then, but I was so depressed and guilty that I survived and they didn't,” she sobbed. “I feel so bad that I'm alive and they're not.”
 
Inuyasha looked at Kagome sadly and embraced her.
 
“I'm so sorry, I had no idea,” Inuyasha said, regretting bringing back such memories.
 
“It's okay,” she smiled sadly. “That's the only thing I have left of them.”
 
~*~EnD oF fLaShBaCk~*~
 
“Oh shit,” Inuyasha cursed and let go of Kagome.
 
“Inuyasha? What are you-“ Kagome began.
 
Inuyasha ran past the cops and ran through the flames.
 
“INUYASHA!!” Kagome screamed and tried to run past the cops, but they forced her back. “LET ME GO!!! INUYASHA!”
 
Miroku and Sango ran up to her and pulled the crying girl into a hug.
 
“It's okay, Kagome-chan, Inuyasha'll be fine,” Sango said. `He isn't human after all.' She added mentally.
 
::::::::::::
 
“Damn, where is it?” Inuyasha asked himself.
 
He looked around frantically, dodging flames and falling debris. He came to what seemed like Sango and Kagome's room and saw something glistening. He stepped towards it and saw that it was a gold frame a picture of three people inside. He smirked triumphantly.
 
“Got it!” he congratulated himself and began running out of the building. But just as he neared the door, he heard a thunderous crack.
 
“What the-“ he began, but didn't continue as he watched in horror as the building fel
 
 
~~Somewhere in North Tokyo~~
 
A young, brunette teenager watched TV as she cleaned the dishes. Her evening soap opera was rudely interrupted by an `important news' bulletin. She paused in her work to watch what was so `important' that it had to interrupt her show.
 
`This just in, over on Sakura Street, the Sakura Apartment Complex has caught fire, the building has just collapsed and-`
l on top of him.
 
The young teen dropped the dish that she had been cleaning. She threw the rag down and ran into the next room, causing a startled, yet worried, young man to look at her.
 
“Rin, what's wrong?” the man asked, rising from her chair.
 
“Sesshomaru, it's Yash, his apartment caught fire and collapsed!” Rin said in between breaths.
 
Sesshomaru's eyes widened and he quickly took out his cell phone.
 
“Jaken?”
 
“Yes, Seshomaru-sama?”
 
“Get the limo parked outside and ready to go now.”
 
“Y-Yes Milord.”
 
The other line disconnected and Sesshomaru stuffed his phone back into his pocket.
 
“Come on Rin, let's hurry,” Sesshomaru said, running to the door.
 
Rin nodded and quickly followed after her boyfriend.
 
:::::::::::::
 
“INUYASHA!” Kagome screamed, this time brushing past the guards as if they were just air.
 
She frantically looked around and was later joined by Miroku and Sango.
 
The fire had died down and all that was left was just a couple of burning ashes.
 
They called out his name, hoping for a response, but got none. The rest of the crowd, including the paramedics and cops, gave up hope and left. But the three just kept searching. Miroku looked up to see a limo approaching and it soon parked.
 
`Who the heck is that?' Miroku asked himself.
 
The limo came to a stop and two figures jumped out and came running towards the seen. The young girl spoke first.
 
“Have you seen a young guy, he has white hair and amber eyes and-“ she was cut off by Miroku grabbing her hands.
 
“I am truly sorry, but would you-“ just as he was about to ask the `all famous question' Sango's fist collided with his head.
 
“Not now, Miroku! Why do you pick a time like this to go on with your perverted ways?!” Sango asked furiously, apologizing to the woman for his behavior.
 
Kagome kept digging through the pile of debris, hope still sparkling in her eyes. `I'll find him, I will. I swear..'
 
“Miroku! Sango! I need some help! COME ON!!” Kagome screamed at them, knocking the two to their senses.
 
Sesshomaru and Rin ran up and joined them in the search for Inuyasha.
 
“Who, may I ask, are you?” Miroku asked, looking pointedly at Sesshomaru.
 
“Sesshomaru Takahashi, and this is my girlfriend, Rin,” Sesshomaru said.
 
Rin nodded her head at the three and smiled, before returning to digging.
 
“So, wait, YOUR Inuyasha's brother?” Sango asked surprised.
 
“Yes, why do you ask?”
 
“Just curious.”
 
“OMIGOD!! INUYASHA!!” they heard someone scream and they all turned around to find a frantic Kagome, lifting some burnt debris off a body covered in ash.
 
“Inuyasha,” they all murmured in unison and ran over to Kagome's side, helping her.
 
Finally, Inuyasha's body was out of the debris and ash and in Kagome's arms on the way to the hospital.
 
`Inuyasha, please be alright.' Kagome prayed, hugging him closer. `Please.'
 
 
 
A/N: wow….my story's almost over…amazing isn't it? But ANYWAY reviews are greatly appreciated, thank you! ^_^