InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Only Heartbroken ❯ Let the Truth Be Told ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyahsa or Nickelback or THE MALL!!!! WHAAAAA!!! WHY?! WHY?!-cries- *sniff* o well, at least the lawyers won't come sue me…right?
 
 
 
Only Heartbroken:
13- Let the Truth Be Told
 
Kagome gasped and thought, `So what happened that night it really happened!'
 
Kagome stared in awe at the sight before her. On top of Inuyasha's head were two, triangular dog ears. She resisted the temptation to rub them, and focused more on WHY he had dog ears.
 
`Is it possible that he's a demon? Just like Koga?' she thought, her heart aching from sayingHIS name.
 
Kagome held her breath as Inuyasha's eyes fluttered open. Kagome quickly laid her head back on the bed, pretending to be asleep. While keeping Inuyasha's hat neatly tucked into her lap. She raised her head when she heard his faint snoring. Letting out a sigh of relief, she slowly and cautiously laid the hat back on top of Inuyasha's head.
 
`I can't just wake him up and ask him. But who besides his friends…' Kagome thought until she hatched an idea. `His friends!That's it!'
 
Kagome quietly pulled out her nearly forgotten cell phone and went in the bathroom, shutting the door behind her. Her fingers tapped in the number and she gracefully put the phone up to her ear.
 
 
~*~with the rest of the gang~*~
 
Sesshomaru waited patiently by the phone, his girlfriend asleep on his shoulder. He glanced at the couple on the sofa near the fireplace. Both asleep in each others' arms. He was about to return his glance to the telephone, when he heard a phone ring. Rin roused from her sleep and Miroku and Sango woke with a start, blushing from the position they had been in. Sango glanced in her pocket to see her cell going off. She flipped it open and answered with a lame `hello'.
 
“Hey Sango, itsKagome.
 
KAGOME!! IS INUYASHA ALRIGHT?!
 
“Yeah he's fine, he woke up a minute ago, but now he's asleep again.
 
“What a relief!”
“Yeah…”
 
“What's wrong Kagome? You sound tense.
 
I have a question…”
 
Okay, shoot!
 
Why does Inuyasha have dog ears?
 
-------------------------------
 
Inuyasha woke up to see Kagome out of her chair beside his bedside. He frantically looked around to see the bathroom light on and glowing out of the crack of the door.
 
“Good, she didn't leave,' he thought. And just as she was about to go to sleep, Kagome's voice rang through his ears.
 
“Don't play stupid, SANGO!” she whispered loudly, as to not wake up Inuyasha. “Tell me!
 
`So, she's on the phone with Sango? Wonder what they're talkin' about,' Inuyasha thought, easily eavesdropping on their conversation.
 
`Kagome I honestly don't know what you're talking about.' Sango said on the other line.
 
“Sango, I know it wasn't any of my business, but after that night I thought I was going crazy! But now I know I wasn't! So please just tell me why Inuyasha has dog ears!” Kagome nearly screamed with frustration.
 
Inuyasha froze and took a huge gulp. Oh shit.
 
`I'm sorry Kagome, but I'm not the one who should tell you. Ask Inuyasha when he wakes up,' Sango said, calmly.
 
But Sango, I-
 
`-click-`
 
Kagome sighed and flipped her phone closed. She opened the door and glanced at the bed to find Inuyasha with his eyes closed.
 
`Thisis going to be a LONG night.' Kagome thought, as she sat down in her chair, patiently waiting for Inuyasha to wake up.
 
~~~~with the rest of the gang~~~~
 
Sango flipped her phone closed and stuffed it back in her pocket.
 
What was that all about? Is Inuyasha okay?” Rin asked, walking over to where Sango and Miroku were sitting.
 
“Yes, is he alright?” Sesshomaru asked, coming up behind his girlfriend.
 
“Inuyasha's fine,” Sango said calmly.
 
The group all let out sighs of relief.
 
But Kagome on the other hand,” Sango began.
 
“What's wrong with Kagome? What happened?” Miroku asked, concerned.
 
Sango looked at everyone then took a deep breath.
 
“She…Kagome…Kagome knows,” she finished, trying to take in all the horrified looks that surrounded her.
 
~~~~~with Inuyasha and Kagome~~~~
 
`I feel kinda bad now for just asking Sango about that out of nowhere,' Kagome thought, resting her chin on her hand. `She probably thinks I'm insane.'
 
Kagome sighed and looked at Inuyasha's features. His amber orbs, his silver hair, the individual fang that stuck out from his closed mouth, and his partially sharp fingernails.
 
`It does seem odd now, all his demonic features,' she thought, then brushed that thought aside. No, it's not odd. He's a person, a living thing, just like everyone else.'
 
“Kagome,” a familiar voice said.
 
“Oh, Inuyasha! You're awake!” Kagome stated.
 
“Yeah, um, about-“ he started, but couldn't finish.
 
“Yes?” Kagome urged him on.
 
“About my d-dog ears and stuff,” Inuyasha stuttered nervously.
 
“Oh! I'm so sorry I looked! I was just- I-“Kagome excused, but Inuyasha grabbed her hand to silence her.
 
It's okay, I was gonna tell ya anyways and I-“ Inuyasha stopped himself. `No! Bad Inuyasha! Not yet!'
 
“Oh, well, okay,” Kagome said, smiling.
 
“You have any questions?” he asked.
 
“Are you a demon?”
 
“No. I'm a half-demon.”
 
“Oh. Wow.”
 
“Yeah, I know. Dirty blood, useless, and all that other crap. Not accepted by anybody except, maybe, your parents.”
 
“Inuyasha…” Kagome said in a warning and pitied tone.
 
“Half-breeds like me should be put to death and-“
 
Kagome got so tired of it, before she could stop; she slapped him across the face. Inuyasha was shocked. She hit him!
 
“No! Stop!” Kagome cried. “You're a person just like everyone else and deserved to be treated equal!” `Boy does this sound familiar,' she thought.
 
“But,” Inuyasha started.
 
“NO! But nothing!” Kagome shouted, nearly in tears. “Don't ever think of yourself as a lowly nobody ever again! There are plenty of people who love you!”
 
Kagome couldn't handle it any more, tears streamed from her eyes. Inuyasha reached for her and brought her into a hug.
 
“Like who?” Inuyasha asked her.
 
Kagome could barely bring her voice into a whisper. “Your parents, your friends…and me.”
 
A/N: HOLY CRAP!!!! WHAT DID KAGOME SAY!!!!????? OH SNAP!!! TbC!!! Dun dun dun!!! lol^_^