InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Only Love Can Save Thy Soul ❯ What's Wrong? ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Only love can save the soul



Chapter 1: What's wrong?


Kagome was sitting on the grass of an open field. She sighed in contempt as she placed her open text book down. Things were definitely going to change around here. The had defeated Naraku a week ago and only just recovered.


It had been two whole years since Kagome had fallen through the well for the first time and she didn't know if she could bare to leave all of her friends behind, especially Inuyasha. He was her best friends and had sacrificed himself for her more times than she could possibly count. She loved him and she had known for a long time, but that didn't make things any easier. In fact it made them much more complicated since she didn't know whether he loved her as well. Even if he did he would never admit it. She knew he at least cared for her, because he had saved her many times and he always got jealous when Koga came around. There was also something else preventing her from going home, something that made her cry every time she thought about it, something that she was afraid to say out loud, in thought that that would make it truer than it already was.


For the whole jewel shard thing Koga had his two and others were still scattered around. Kagome and the others were missing one third of the thing. Now it would only be Kagome and Inuyasha searching for the jewel. Just like the old times.


Kagome stretched her arms over her head for a moment as she yawned. She was watching Shippo and Kirara roll around in the field. Miroku and Sango had already planned to have children together before Naraku was defeated. They were off trying to find a suitable place where they could raise their children when they were born. Sango wasn't pregnant yet and they hadn't even started trying since Naraku was only defeated a short time ago. Kagome had no idea where Inuyasha was.


“I wonder... if Inuyasha has decided whether or not he will go to hell with Kikyo or not.” Kagome said with a frown. She knew better than that. Inuyasha didn't want to die yet, but there was always a chance.


“Hey Kagome?” Shippo came over to Kagome with Kirara beside him, with a questioning look.


“Yeah, Shippo?” Kagome asked.


“Um... well I was wondering where to babies come from.. Miroku was going to tell me, but you said I needed to wait till I was older... I'm older now.” Shippo asked the classic embarrassing question. Kagome blushed.


“Not old enough, runt.” Inuyasha said as he came over and picked Shippo up by the tail. “And I told you that earlier... sneaky little...” Inuyasha growled. Shippo gulped at first and than glared at Inuyasha.


“Let me go!” Shippo squired. Inuyasha dropped him right on his bottom and walked off.


“Inuyasha!” Kagome called out to him. She got up and ran to stand beside him, only to have him walked to the side. She wondered why he was avoiding her. “Hey, Inuyasha, where are you going?”


“To hunt.” Inuyasha hurried off. She stomped her feet in irritation. `'Hunt' he says, `Gotta go' he says, `I have something to do' he says. Why doesn't he just talk to me?' Kagome thought as she stomped off towards the village. `Maybe Kaede has something for me to do.'


Meanwhile
(With Inuyasha)


`Damn wench, why does she have to smell so... good when she's in heat?! It drives my senses crazy! Gods! There's only a day to go before it's over for a month.' Inuyasha stomped through the woods angrily. He hated avoiding Kagome. It wasn't like he couldn't handle himself when he was near her at times like this, he just acted nicer towards her when she was in heat and he didn't want to seem different, or else the others would suspect something, and for Kagome's sack he could say anything.


Meanwhile
(With Miroku and Sango)


“Miroku do you think Kagome will go back to her own time now that Naraku is defeated?” Sango asked.


“She still has to complete the jewel with Inuyasha. I think I'll miss traveling with them, looks like they'll be on their own. Shippo and Kirara both want to take it easy and stay with us for the time being.” Miroku stated as Sango and him walked through a village, not to far from Kaede's, looking to see if there was a place where they could build their hut around here.


“Maybe we should just make a hut in Kaede's village.” Sango suggested.


Meanwhile
(With Kagome)


“Hey Kaede?” Kagome opened the bamboo door to he hut and peeked in. Kaede wasn't there. “Hmm? I guess she must be out in the field. Maybe I should make some ramen for dinner... oh wait Inuyasha went out to hunt... so much for that plan.” Kagome sighed once more. “So than what should I do? It's such a nice day, yet so boring... When Inuyasha gets back I'll give him a piece of my mind and find out why he's avoiding me.” As if on queue Inuyasha walked into the hut, once he saw Kagome he turned quickly and went to go back outside, but she grabbed his haori. “Why are you avoiding me?!” She asked. He yanked away from her.


“I'm not avoiding anyone, wench. I just forgot to get dinner.” Inuyasha was about to go back out, but Kagome stepped in his way.


“I'll make ramen.” Kagome said. “Explain.”


“I don't have to explain anything to you, now let me go, I need to..”


“Tell me.. you need to tell me, NOW! Or else..”


“Or else what?” Inuyasha grinned.


“Sit!” Kagome screamed. She through her hands down her sides in frustration. “Fine then, go! Go see Kikyo! See if I care. Your such a jerk, Inuyasha.” Kagome stomped out. Inuyasha stood up.


“Kikyo? As if I have any reason to see her.” Inuyasha said in anger as he to stomped out of the hut. Inuyasha walked to the field Kagome was in earlier. Shippo and Kirara were gone, but Kagome wasn't. She was sitting there, with her text book. Inuyasha went to turn around, but he smelt something. Kagome.. she was crying. He turned back to Kagome and her face was berried in her text book. Inuyasha walked over to her. “Kagome?” He asked as he plopped down beside her. She cleared her tears before looking up at him.


“What?” She asked coldly. Inuyasha made no reference to the anger in her voice and paid attention to the sorrow in her eyes.


“Why are you crying?” He asked.


“I'm not.” She protested. “I just have something in my eyes.” She lied. Inuyasha didn't believe her one bit.


“Your eyes huh?” He asked. He reached his hand down and did something unexpected, he whipped away the tear. Kagome stiffened in surprise. Her eyes went wide.


“Yeah... my eyes.”


“Lets go.”


“Go where?”


“I'm taking you back to your own time.”


“But why?”


“I'll get you tomorrow, I just have something to do.” He stood up. Kagome got up next to him.


“I can wait here...” She said hesitantly.


“It's better if you just go. You've been here for three weeks now, and last time you were only there for a couple hours, you need to get more ramen anyway.”


“I'll get it another time, I still have some.” Inuyasha shook his head disapprovingly and walked off. He wanted her to go until she wasn't in heat anymore, that way it didn't seem like he was avoiding her, but he couldn't stop her from staying here if she wanted to. Anyway it would be over with tomorrow. He could handle it until than.


One week later


Inuyasha and Kagome were sitting in Kaede's hut. Kagome was sitting across from Inuyasha, with a fire between them. It had been a month since Kagome was home now and she knew the others were wondering what was going on with her. Inuyasha seemed a little worried, but tried to hide it.


“Kagome? What are you still doing here?” Inuyasha asked. “We're out of ramen and...”


“I'll go as soon as I can alright.” Kagome said softly, with a smile as she looked at him. There was a hidden sadness in her smile. Inuyasha gulped and held back the urge to comfort her. He needed to talk to her at a place more private to find out what was wrong with her.


“Do you want to go out and search for the jewel today and when we get back you can restock on supplies?”


“Um... yeah, we could do that. We have enough supplied to last a little while, just no ramen.” Kagome said.


“Alright than, we should go as soon as we can. Grab your bag and we'll go.” Inuyasha replied as he stood up. Kagome grabbed her bag and put on her shoes, over her socks and headed out of the hut. Kaede was heading their way, preparing to go into the hut.


“Where are ye off to?” Kaede asked.


“We're going out to search for the jewel.” Kagome said.


“Come on, we don't have all day.” Inuyasha pushed. He knelt down and Kagome got on his back after she waved goodbye. They hopped off into the forest. He hopped quickly and came to a stop at a meadow. He dropped her and turned to face her surprised gaze.


“Inuyasha!” She complained. “Why did we stop?”


“Alright, wench! I've had enough of this already. You are constantly moody, even though your not even in heat any more,” Kagome blushed. “Your quieter than usual, your not in a rush to go home anymore, your depressed, and you try to cover up all your tears. What the hell is wrong with you?!” Inuyasha asked. Kagome just looked at him. Than she got up and brushed her skirt off.


“I don't know what your talking about, I'm completely fine. Your the one who's acting different.” She said quietly.


“Kagome, stop lying to me! Just tell me what's wrong!” Inuyasha yelled.


Well there's the first chapter. I hope you enjoyed it. If you like this one so far, you should check out An unbreakable love.